xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Video: Xbox 360 Games on Demand service  (Read 281 times)

Xbox-Scene

• Archived User
Video: Xbox 360 Games on Demand service
« on: June 06, 2009, 07:33:00 PM »

Posted by XanTium | June 6 21:33 EST | News Category: Xbox360

From joystiq.com:

Curious how the Xbox 360's recently announced "Games on Demand" service is going to look in your Dashboard? Microsoft made this helpful video, walking you through the entire process.

Full Story: joystiq.com

1nsan3

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2009, 07:47:00 PM »

Nice... except...
lets see, xbox 360 games,, a good what between 6-8 gigs! a 120 gig drive will last not very long...

Hope a 1tb drive comes out for the system soon.

but hey Games on the hdd !!! its a start.

virux

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2009, 08:31:00 PM »

I can sorta see piracy going towards this direction where instead of flashing the Dvd Drive we do something else with the HDD connected to the computer.... lol I'm still waiting for the Valhalla board

somenutter

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2009, 08:38:00 PM »

This can only be a good thing  biggrin.gif

bidomo

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2009, 08:41:00 PM »

QUOTE(virux @ Jun 7 2009, 04:31 AM) View Post
I can sorta see piracy going towards this direction where instead of flashing the Dvd Drive we do something else with the HDD connected to the computer.... lol I'm still waiting for the Valhalla board

I've been waiting for someone to do that, so I don't have to wait for 12 months to re-license my content to be able to use it offline everytime my console dies.

Called M$ to allow me use the transfer tool and gave me nothing...

Now, that's business...

LockmanSal

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2009, 09:06:00 PM »

QUOTE(virux @ Jun 6 2009, 09:31 PM) *

is there a way to make a gamertag signed locked content to work on another gamertag?, if not then i dont see that happening.

virux

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2009, 11:42:00 PM »

As you can tell from what about to say i have no ideal what I'm saying but couldn't someone make a  comparison of Halo 3 from the Download Marketplace to the one when you install straight from the disc...  Obviously sharing the files you download straight from microsoft won't work... What I'm  trying to say is could we find the missing info where we won't need the disc anymore and just play the files off the HDD?

shummyr

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2009, 12:05:00 AM »

This is going to be one sweet setup

AmyGrrl

• Recovered User
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2009, 12:26:00 AM »

I think this is a good idea... but with the current storage available its just not feasible... I don't want to have to keep deleting stuff to make room for new content... only to have to re-download the game when my friends decide they want to play a game that I had deleted... and now that more and more ISP's are moving away from unlimited Internet connections, this would suck up my monthly bandwidth limit fairly quickly...  It would great see larger size Hard Drives from Microsoft, but we all know they will over charge... It would be nice if they would just let us install are own Hard Drives... we can already copy data to and from a Microsoft Hard Drive, so their is no security benefits from using an official Hard Drive... Perhaps even a simple option to backup a downloaded game to an external Hard Drive... you can't play the game from the device, it would be just stored their... and they could encrypt the Game Data so it can't be tampered with... when you want to play that game again the xbox would check online to see if the game belongs to you and restores the game to the xbox's Hard Drive...  

The only real thing I worry about is in 10-20 years... assuming my 360 is still running... *grins* ... will Microsoft still have their XBL Servers up and running so I can download and play my legally purchased content... don't we all just love how DRM screws us over every time....

xc1234

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2009, 01:26:00 AM »

QUOTE(LockmanSal @ Jun 7 2009, 04:06 AM) View Post

is there a way to make a gamertag signed locked content to work on another gamertag?, if not then i dont see that happening.

theres no way we can hack this, microsoft has complete control, the files they give us with the downloads will all be encrypted and signed as usual

T3chWarrior

• Recovered User
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2009, 03:32:00 AM »

Now I might have a use for these 360's with no dvd key (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

and cant we just make images of the 120 gb hard drive each with there own games on it and then switch between images

This post has been edited by T3chWarrior: Jun 7 2009, 10:34 AM

Martinchris23

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2009, 05:33:00 AM »

QUOTE(T3chWarrior @ Jun 7 2009, 10:32 AM) View Post

Now I might have a use for these 360's with no dvd key biggrin.gif

and cant we just make images of the 120 gb hard drive each with there own games on it and then switch between images

Yes, very true! No need for a working DVD drive for these games smile.gif

And yes, making an image of the HDD will work, but would be incredibly time consuming!

MS either have to release a much larger HDD, or just sell the enclosure kit and let us use whatever HDD we want!

K1LLERHORNET

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2009, 06:09:00 AM »

QUOTE(1nsan3 @ Jun 7 2009, 02:47 AM) *

Nice... except...
lets see, xbox 360 games,, a good what between 6-8 gigs! a 120 gig drive will last not very long...

Hope a 1tb drive comes out for the system soon.

but hey Games on the hdd !!! its a start.

not possible seeing as 1TB 2.5" HDD's have not been released.

i don't think the 360 can support External HDD's to be used as main storage without a bit of work.

pholly

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2009, 08:21:00 AM »

Same price for a digital copy that can't be resold, epic fail.

BigSteel

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2009, 08:59:00 AM »

QUOTE(pholly @ Jun 7 2009, 08:21 AM) View Post
Same price for a digital copy that can't be resold, epic fail.

Good point.
Pages: [1] 2