xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Cod Waw Map Pack 1 Not Available In Asia :(  (Read 78 times)

davejonesbkk

• Archived User
Cod Waw Map Pack 1 Not Available In Asia :(
« on: April 15, 2009, 11:50:00 PM »

So I especially went and bought a 1600 MS points card so I could download map pack 1 for COD WaW cos I love it online and love the zombie mode. Then when I went to download it I got a message saying 'not available in your region' why the hell not!!!!!!!!

I live in Asia and use Asian 1 year love membership cards, is there anyway I can still get hold of this? My friend suggested using a proxy server on his computer and then connecting to the live via his computer (he alos mentioned something about a cross over cable) would this work? What about if someone could burn it onto a disc for me?

xbox360multiplayergames

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2009, 01:18:00 PM »

I don't think it will work using a Proxy server as this will only be set in his Internet Explorer settings on the computer rather than on the Xbox sad.gif

I am based in the UK and it said that it was not available here for me (even though I know it was) and I kept trying every couple of days and one day it just worked.

BoNg420

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2009, 11:15:00 AM »

I think your friend was talking about bridging your XBOX 360 with your PC.

Also if you did get this to work, you might have some kind of region problems.

This post has been edited by BoNg420: May 5 2009, 06:27 PM

run187

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2009, 07:33:00 PM »

any cable should work with internet to bridge they don't have to be specific i don't think burning t disk would work either dlc   linked to person account who bought it
i think it is due to raiting like mentioned on the other site that you posted this on your not missing anything with the dlc tbh..

davejonesbkk

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2009, 10:39:00 PM »

QUOTE(run187 @ May 18 2009, 08:33 AM) View Post

any cable should work with internet to bridge they don't have to be specific i don't think burning t disk would work either dlc   linked to person account who bought it
i think it is due to raiting like mentioned on the other site that you posted this on your not missing anything with the dlc tbh..

My Live account is set as Singapore but I actually live in Thailand. I believe that it is not letting me download it here as it's not an 'official' Xbox country (but I can still download/buy lots of other stuff from Live).

Is there a way of getting round this?

Also, I might be moving to the Philippines later this year and I read that it's an official Xbox country, does anyone know if I can get them there?

I'm getting a bit annoyed about this as there is now a THIRD map pack coming out soon. Right now there are 2 out already and 50% of the time when Im playing online I get booted as I don't have the new maps, once the 3rd map pack is out its probably going to rise to 60-70% of the time. Is it me or is this not grossly unfair?