xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Rumor: Xbox Live 'V.I.P. Membership'  (Read 315 times)

Xbox-Scene

• Archived User
Rumor: Xbox Live 'V.I.P. Membership'
« on: April 17, 2009, 05:49:00 PM »

Posted by XanTium | April 17 20:57 EST | News Category: Xbox360

From hiphopgamershow.com:

According too a customers survey done in France, Microsoft is considering a new level of Xbox Live called the VIP service. Now with this upgraded version, users will be able to get online storage for their content, a brand new matchmaking option, a option that allows the user too send free invitations to silver members, and better connectivity. It's no denying that Xbox Live's gold members are reaping the awards that Microsoft has provided them and with this optional addition it can't do anything but expand on this already great feature.

Full Story: hiphopgamershow.com

PerfectGun

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2009, 07:11:00 PM »

Not sure how serious to take this since it is just a survey.  But I thought I was already "VIP" and getting the best XBL can offer by paying $50 a year but I guess not.  It will be really disappointing if they actually have more "pay for" online garbage while no other platform has to pay for online play.

Mikesshunk

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2009, 07:25:00 PM »

I'd be willing to pay a little extra for a better membership. Xbox Live is already great and I'd gladly pay more to have it better.

Bazdoctor

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2009, 08:50:00 PM »

better connectivity,  a brand new matchmaking option

Get stuffed M$, I already pay $65 Aus a year for xbox live. Dont get me wrong I love XBL and am happy with the service most of the time, but paying for better connectivity and a new matchmaking option is a joke. I should already be paying that with my $65, otherwise what am I paying for. I agree in paying extra for online storage and it would be nice if it was like the iDisk, and were able to share music, videos etc. directly to your friends console(s)

Saying all that, im sure if this membership was implemented, people would lap it up. ^

This post has been edited by Bazdoctor: Apr 18 2009, 03:58 AM

STICKY_BUD

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2009, 08:57:00 PM »

many have been expecting xbox live gold features to be transitioned to a free service and this would likely be the best way for m$ to do that

if they make the xbox live gold features free for all users and then add my current remaining subscription time to a vip membership service, i would get to try the new service and at the same time not feel cheated for the money i already paid for the new free service

of course not everybody will be happy - if you do not like the vip service and just resubbed with a 1 year code

LockmanSal

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2009, 09:47:00 PM »

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) dedicated servers please , it would be the end of standbyers

Elemino

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2009, 09:59:00 PM »

In other words... they had a think tank sit down and figure out how to get more money out of already paying customers for something that really has no additional value at all?

Anthrox

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2009, 10:07:00 PM »

Im allready Paying good money for gold live they should just be a given to these accounts

CollinstheClown

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2009, 10:25:00 PM »

"It's no denying that Xbox Live's gold members are reaping the awards that Microsoft has provided them"

Wait... what? Oh... the "deal a week" thing that never has any real value? Or is it Netflix thing in which only a select few movies are available?

My balls Microsoft... my balls.

-CollinstheClown

dorfmann

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2009, 01:39:00 AM »

QUOTE(STICKY_BUD @ Apr 17 2009, 09:57 PM) View Post

many have been expecting xbox live gold features to be transitioned to a free service and this would likely be the best way for m$ to do that

if they make the xbox live gold features free for all users and then add my current remaining subscription time to a vip membership service, i would get to try the new service and at the same time not feel cheated for the money i already paid for the new free service

of course not everybody will be happy - if you do not like the vip service and just resubbed with a 1 year code

That was my thought exactly. Just transition all remaining prepaid gold subs to VIP and make gold free for all. Add some nice features to the VIP subscription and make it worth paying for. I have no problem paying $30 or so a year for gold service but this is the one true sticking point for Sony to attack and this move would all but render it mute for the near future.

TimberWolf5

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2009, 12:35:00 AM »

I agree with bud. I too heard the rumour that XBOX live gold would be turning into a free service. I think this is just a ploy for microsoft to upgrade current gold members when they finally do it.

ToBbErT

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2009, 01:48:00 AM »

I would pay more if they add gameservers for populair games. Imo xbox live is just a joke and i dont care about the stupid marketplace after all they make money with that crap so why charge money....... I dont like this idea, all gold members should just get upgraded or pay more for gameservers.

eyric101

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2009, 02:25:00 AM »

I would pay more if it gave access to the movies and or tv shows for free.  Why do they make people pay for TV shows anyway?

rocky5

• Recovered User
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2009, 06:52:00 AM »

QUOTE(eyric101 @ Apr 18 2009, 09:25 AM) View Post

I would pay more if it gave access to the movies and or tv shows for free.  Why do they make people pay for TV shows anyway?

Hosting costs its not free to keep a server running 24/7 and have millions all try to use it at once it costs alot of money that's why we get charged for live.

Other smile.gif

I personally don't care about £26 every 13 months you spend more on a night out so why peeps complain i don't know but hey that's human nature also as the old saying goes you get what you pay for as PSN is crap it doesn't even have voice chat :| you cant invite your friends into games (unless that game supports it they also have to be playing it) now if your saying you cant talk i have all next-gen consoles and the top one is my 360 then the PS3 then the misses wii the 360 features are way ahead of PSN way ahead but hopefully Sony will pull there fingers out of there ass and actually give us a descent firmware upgrade with some online functionality so the moral of the story is i will gladly pay for xbox live every year as its worth the money.

pholly

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2009, 07:54:00 AM »

QUOTE(LockmanSal @ Apr 18 2009, 04:47 AM) View Post

blink.gif dedicated servers please , it would be the end of standbyers

Hell yeah, that would solve LOTS of problems when playing online.
Pages: [1] 2