xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Do You Think I'll Get Banned? (just Want Opinions, Not A Noob Ques  (Read 72 times)

wulfie

• Archived User

having your ethernet cable removed doesn't accomplish anything, your 360 still logs what's been played and it's sent to MS when you connect to XBL.  Having played unverified games as well as review copies DOES increase your chance of getting flagged for the next ban wave.  But we're all taking chances playing backups.  If  you backup your own retail games, you'd be fine.  As we all know, downloading copyrighted material is highly illegal and if you DO get banned, I feel no sympathy for you  laugh.gif

b1g

• Archived User
Do You Think I'll Get Banned? (just Want Opinions, Not A Noob Ques
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2009, 12:12:00 PM »

QUOTE(wulfie @ Apr 10 2009, 07:38 PM) View Post

having your ethernet cable removed doesn't accomplish anything, your 360 still logs what's been played and it's sent to MS when you connect to XBL.  Having played unverified games as well as review copies DOES increase your chance of getting flagged for the next ban wave.  But we're all taking chances playing backups.  If  you backup your own retail games, you'd be fine.  As we all know, downloading copyrighted material is highly illegal and if you DO get banned, I feel no sympathy for you  laugh.gif

Sorry,

I may have written too much instead of going straight to the point.

Do you think that if I was flagged last June or so, that I would have gotten banned in the latest banwave? Or could it be delayed until a later wave, even though I was already flagged at the time the last wave hit?

Thanks, Sorry.

Chancer

• Archived User
Do You Think I'll Get Banned? (just Want Opinions, Not A Noob Ques
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2009, 03:15:00 PM »

Discussing scene releases and naming the release in this section will certainly get you banned...from here. Especially as you were given a chance for piracy posts a few months ago .