xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Microsoft Corrupting International Resident Evil 5 Demo Downloads?  (Read 586 times)

disrockerdude

• Archived User
Microsoft Corrupting International Resident Evil 5 Demo Downloads?
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2008, 03:06:00 AM »

QUOTE(majik655 @ Dec 14 2008, 02:36 AM) View Post

Well just like the article said... you are not IN JAPAN so your ip address showed them  you were in the US.  It obviously was not only  specific to region of consoles... obviously M$ only wants people IN JAPAN to be able to play it, not just have a japanese console and a jap gamertag.

Still dumb what they have done... I mean who cares it is a demo.

i get that but i mean i have a japanese console with japanese region and crap. that should be enough. pretty dumb.

sunnyhundal

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2008, 03:47:00 AM »

I dont get it its just a demo, if more people play it and like it more people will buy it WTF M$?

dokworm

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2008, 05:54:00 AM »

Is it legal for microsoft to reach into your console and corrupt files on it without telling you?

Is it legal for microsoft to reach into your console and corrupt files on it without telling you?

stezo2k

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2008, 06:12:00 AM »

i use mine on disc, courrpt that microsoft XD

clogicgmather

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2008, 06:20:00 AM »

The myriad of ways Microsoft could use to to ban particular titles etc leads me to believe this corruption is unintentional, maybe this is the reason this version wasnt supposed to be played on non jap units? Certainly microsoft have enough mechanisms to block certain titles without having to resort to such crude methods as corrupting the files, would also leave them in legal bother in certain countries.

midnightcharger2

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2008, 07:37:00 AM »

Wheter it be the hand of MS or the software company that enforced this,  Its absolutely ridiculous.  This would be directed to MS as its their console,  If you have live members, they should be able to access content from any region regardless.  Isnt LIVE suppose to be a world wide community?

With people from all around the world living in different places (EX: Im from the US but live in Japan now)  I want to be able to access from both parts of the world.  Just silly in this time in age that MS is still restricting full access to their users.

Simplest solution if they were regionalized would to have released the demo (since its a download item) to all regions at the same time.  Game companies do nothing but keep shooting themselves in the foot  when it comes to issues like this.

I personally am making the move back to PC gaming and ridding of the 360 as wont need to deal with being told what I can do or not do with my property.  Considering many popular titles are ported to the PC, what good is the 360 when the end user keeps getting force fed by the powers to be, on what is acceptable.

Granted, I can download this, but its nonsense that fellow gamers around the world cannot have the same opportunity at the same time to do what the console was intended for......gaming!!!

360はさいよなら!!!
say goodbye to the 360

eduardor2k

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2008, 07:49:00 AM »

QUOTE(The Dude Z @ Dec 14 2008, 04:31 PM) View Post

Is it breaking the TOS for you to make a BS Japanese gamer tag to get content that isn't available to you?
Is it Legal for you to download content that you don't own any right's to?
If you have no right to have the content then yes MS has every right to disable the content from runing on your console.

And FYI it may not have been MS's call to do this the maker of Resident Evil may forced MS's hand in this one.

But for you to cry about it is pathetic seeing as how you don't own any right's to have it.
This is no different then how Europe had to wait to get Rock Band  til long after America got it.

Besides guys it's just a damn demo!!!! grr.gif

1+

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2008, 08:58:00 AM »

QUOTE(The Dude Z @ Dec 14 2008, 09:31 AM) View Post

Is it breaking the TOS for you to make a BS Japanese gamer tag to get content that isn't available to you?
Is it Legal for you to download content that you don't own any right's to?
If you have no right to have the content then yes MS has every right to disable the content from runing on your console.

And FYI it may not have been MS's call to do this the maker of Resident Evil may forced MS's hand in this one.

But for you to cry about it is pathetic seeing as how you don't own any right's to have it.
This is no different then how Europe had to wait to get Rock Band  til long after America got it.

Besides guys it's just a damn demo!!!! grr.gif

Agree.

as sad and childish as it seems that MS would corrupt a game demo based on worldwide region, they have every right to do such a thing.

now, is there an easy way to spoof an ip address or use an international proxy?  that could solve you guys' problems...

Elemino

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2008, 09:26:00 AM »

The computer warned all of you about the T-Virus, and you didn't listen.

sabbath_dude

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2008, 10:03:00 AM »

They corrupted my original download of the Demo I had stored on the hard drive. I redownloaded it again no problem but the new version they have up is now region locked. However, the original version of the demo I burned to CD and it still boots fine on both my modded and unmodded consoles just as long as the network cable is unplugged. If you are connected to Live it checks if you should be playing it and if not tells you the game cannot boot.

K1LLERHORNET

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2008, 10:05:00 AM »

QUOTE(I'dkickurass@cod2 @ Dec 14 2008, 09:37 AM) View Post

FYI, u don't need a flashed xbox. Just put the folder 0000000000000000 (16 zeros I may add). And the folder that contains the demo (whatever it may be, I don't have it because I could care less about the demo), burn disc, and ur set. works for all demos xbla games, and videos.

thanks for the info, just downloaded it - gonna burn to disc in a min & try it out  smile.gif

MickRick

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2008, 10:20:00 AM »

Why do this?

CsL

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2008, 10:52:00 AM »

QUOTE(MickRick @ Dec 14 2008, 07:56 PM) View Post

Why do this?

Because they don't have an ear for the gamers wishes.

ThaCrip

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2008, 11:31:00 AM »

anyone know if the full game will have a 'easy mode' like RE4 on PS2 had between PAL and NTSC copies?

cause i had to play the PAL version on my NTSC PS2 cause i cant play the game on Normal mode cause ammo becomes a major issue.

rob1309

• Recovered User
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2008, 12:33:00 PM »

neato. loaded it up and it plays fine. I didn't have a chance to actually "play" it yet cuz my wife was sittin next to me and hates resident evil. sigh
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4