xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Problem Associating A Gamertag With My Xbox360 Profile  (Read 93 times)

thief

• Archived User
Problem Associating A Gamertag With My Xbox360 Profile
« on: December 01, 2008, 03:30:00 AM »

I have been using a profile called "Julian" on my XBOX360 since I had it, so I have many achievements associated with it.

I recently connected my X360 to the internet and created an XBOX Live gamertag on live.xbox.com using my email and password. I then got onto my X360 and logged in as Julian, clicked on "Join Xbox Live", clicked on "Sign Me Up", put in my email address which took me to the screen where I input my password. At the top of this screen it says "This is an existing Windows Live ID. Enter your password to use it for Xbox Live". So I entered the same password as that which I use to log onto the XBox Live site on my PC (when I created the gamertag) and signed in.

The next dialog says "The Windows Live ID is associated with gamertag JDMils. Woudl you like to recover this gamertag instead?". If I say yes, it creates a new account on my X360 called JDMils with NO achievements. If I say no, it will take me back to the Live logon screen.

So how do I associate an existing gamertag with my existing X360 profile?

Reaper527

• Archived User
Problem Associating A Gamertag With My Xbox360 Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2008, 03:34:00 PM »

its too late. you can convert your offline profile to a live account with a different name, but that is your only option at this point.

you REALLY should have read this thread first
http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=479391