xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Plug My Banned Xbox360 Hdd To New Modded Xbox360  (Read 77 times)

jackattack_200897

• Archived User
Plug My Banned Xbox360 Hdd To New Modded Xbox360
« on: November 17, 2008, 10:48:00 AM »

Anytime you mod any system you violate the TOS of the manufacturer.

So what this means if you put your harddrive from the banned system on another modded 360, then you risk being banned.

This question has been answered already.

Not to be mean, but do a search before posting because the moderators on here can ban you from here if you do not search before posting.

There is no way to tell how M$ is banning right now.

I am in the process of trying one theory.  I am going to go on live with just originals after waiting 1 week of just connecting to live and downloading arcade trial games and playing them offline single player, then after this week if I still not banned, then I am going to play original games only on live to see if I get banned.

Option 1 - If I get banned, then I know for sure they can detect the firmware being modded, not a backup or for those who play early releases will also know it is the firmware not the bad backups or early release of games.

Option 2 - If they do not ban me, then it is probably going to be bad backups or early releases of nonoriginal games that causes the bannings lately.

I hope that my theory is proven to be option 2 and I do not get banned, but if I do get banned, I am not going to cry because all I use live for is arcade games (I play offline only) and movies.

So time will tell, but for now all I am doing each day is connecting to live and just downloading trial games and playing them offline.

Then in 1 week I will play original games online only.

We will see then exactly if M$ is detecting just the firmware.

I surely wish C4Eva will post on here what his thoughts are.

Reknaw701

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2008, 06:14:00 PM »

If you take the hard disk over to a non-modded unit you are not at any risk however you are still at risk if the new console has modifications that may get you banned but your hard disk doesn't carry any info that leads to banning.

VinorGouki

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2008, 06:58:00 PM »

ok, i got it.

thanks for ur help.

StrictPuppet

• Recovered User
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2008, 07:09:00 PM »

QUOTE(jackattack_200897 @ Nov 17 2008, 10:24 AM) View Post

Not to be mean, but do a search before posting because the moderators on here can ban you from here if you do not search before posting.

No one gets banned for not searching, but they do for multiple accounts,  jackattack_200897 aka theonecsm34, and theonecsm35.

brandogg

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2008, 12:29:00 PM »

Your question is already answered in this very topic.

StrictPuppet

• Recovered User
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2008, 03:24:00 PM »

Dont worry about it.  You can swap hdd's back and forth all you want.

They do mean console when they say account.  They have changed the wording with the new dash, and it incorrectly says account.  The status codes tell you all you need to know.  If the z code says, Z : 8015 190D, then the console is banned, doesn't matter what the text tells you.

ront75

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2008, 03:34:00 PM »

QUOTE(xark @ Nov 24 2008, 12:55 AM) View Post

thank you
i'm safe with my HDD with earlier achievement on my new unmodded console, am i right?
last question, i promise  rolleyes.gif

Yes, you are safe smile.gif