xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14

Author Topic: Microsoft Confirms New Xbox 360 Console Banning  (Read 2153 times)

imaphaggit

• Archived User
Microsoft Confirms New Xbox 360 Console Banning
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2008, 07:02:00 AM »

QUOTE(pholly @ Nov 12 2008, 09:22 AM) View Post

No, the point is to stop pirating or stay off live. I don't want to play online with thieves.

Im taking it you bought your Xbox360 right?

So, you can buy from thieves but can't play with them?

Interesting.

saosin37

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2008, 07:07:00 AM »

QUOTE(pholly @ Nov 12 2008, 09:22 AM) View Post

No, the point is to stop pirating or stay off live. I don't want to play online with thieves.

As he sits high and mighty atop his glorious thrown he looks down upon us lowly pirates and casts us away.  I will never pirate again because of this mans earnest and honest heart.

jester.gif  jester.gif  jester.gif  jester.gif  jester.gif  jester.gif  jester.gif  jester.gif  jester.gif  jester.gif  jester.gif  jester.gif

mrgreaper

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2008, 07:16:00 AM »

QUOTE(pholly @ Nov 12 2008, 02:22 PM) View Post

ah yes because all of us are evil pirates, piracy is not the only reason to mod ur 360 moron and if your console is not modded why the hell are you here?

pholly

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2008, 07:19:00 AM »

QUOTE(mrgreaper @ Nov 12 2008, 03:52 PM) View Post

ah yes because all of us are evil pirates, piracy is not the only reason to mod ur 360 moron and if your console is not modded why the hell are you here?

Well, if you're not modding to play pirated games then you wouldn't be using a custom firmware to begin with. It's only for piracy, very few actually use it for true backups. As for why I'm here it's simple this is a good site for xbox news, this site isn't for piracy even though that's the reason there are so many users here.

phunk

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2008, 07:26:00 AM »

I really dont see whay so many people are trying to justify piracy just because they think games are overpriced.  rolleyes.gif
Cars (and lets face it, most other consumer goods) are ridiculously overpriced - do these people see carjacking as ok? No, didn't think so.

The basic upshot is, MS want you to pay for the games that developers spent 2-3 years making. I dont think that's too much to ask, considering that is their revenue stream.

Pricing itself is another issue; I agree that £40-£50 for shovelware is a rip-off, but no one is holding a gun to your head to make you buy and/or play games. Its a choice you can make. Dont want to pay? Then dont play. Simple.

Now if like me (and many others), your 360 has chewed the shit out of your discs, then I can definately see a a valid point in being able to legally make backups and play them. The problem is, that allows all the moochers and freeloaders to play copies of games they have no intention of paying for. Unfortunately its a double-edged sword. If MS had the decency to replace discs that have been ruined by their shitty dvd drives, then the whole 'backup' issue becomes a moot point. All you'd have to do would be return the disc for a replacement, and problem solved!

pholly

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2008, 07:37:00 AM »

Bingo, the only reason these people are mad is because they can't play their 360 because they're scared they might get banned. It's not my fault you can't steal games today biggrin.gif

C_Ripper

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2008, 08:12:00 AM »

First of all, Pholly is a douche.

I have a modded DVD drive, but I also own over 20 360 games all purchased at $60. Furthermore, I've only got a modded DVD drive now that I'm on my THIRD 360 console because of hardware failures. There's a couple games here and there that I've played copies of, but for the most part my games are purchased. If MS feels they can put out a product that costs $400 (the price has come down now, but not when I bought mine) with a life expectancy of about a year, then I feel I have the right to copy a few games here and there to offset the cost.

In summary, Pholly is a douche.

Fantmx

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2008, 08:23:00 AM »

QUOTE(mrgreaper @ Nov 12 2008, 04:07 PM) View Post

come back when your xbox has put a pretty circle in 3 £40 games and made them unplayable or when your little brother has decided your discs make a nice frisbie. then tell me modified firmware is only for pirates

or what about my mate his drive failed he was out of warenty (before they extended it)  we fixed it by spoofing a drive from a banned system he brought cheap, he has never used a backup and even refuses to use images of games that come early when he has a preorder for the same game, a right goody two shoes....but wait he has modified firmware ...OMG hes a pirate...burn him! burn him!

ok so your here for the xbox news and you dont modify your firmware well then this is none of your concern move on, no need to try to be everyones moral compass
How is it Microsoft's fault you don't take care of your stuff?

QUOTE(darkrain @ Nov 12 2008, 04:38 PM) View Post

I think it would be better if M$ spent more time on sorting out the RROD problems on consoles first. Banning people with modded consoles must take time, effort and money to find a way to detect them. I'm sure this could be better spent solving the problems with the console first.

I am on my second 360 now due to the RROD problem. The first on was fixed and was fine for some time then all went bad again and it has massive video corruption with coloured lines and blocks all over the screen. M$ told me the console was now out of warrenty. So I either pay them to fix it or buy another console. I bought a new new one with a HDMI port on it.

I feel that M$ owe me for the first one, and seeing as they have not changed the console design to much effect to combat the RROD.

If this was a car with a problem with the brakes they would be a full recall and the problem solved for free, not just patched up and sent back.
Why do people keep posting stuff like this?  Do you really believe that Microsoft is so small they can only work on one thing at a time?  Here is a little hint for you, the RRoD is a HARDWARE problem.  People working on the banning technology are writing SOFTWARE.  They are two completely different areas with different people that have different skills and educations.

headonism

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2008, 08:27:00 AM »

QUOTE(C_Ripper @ Nov 12 2008, 04:48 PM) View Post

First of all, Pholly is a douche.

I have a modded DVD drive, but I also own over 20 360 games all purchased at $60. Furthermore, I've only got a modded DVD drive now that I'm on my THIRD 360 console because of hardware failures. There's a couple games here and there that I've played copies of, but for the most part my games are purchased. If MS feels they can put out a product that costs $400 (the price has come down now, but not when I bought mine) with a life expectancy of about a year, then I feel I have the right to copy a few games here and there to offset the cost.

In summary, Pholly is a douche.

what is this guy on about........ how can he condone copying games, just think of the peolpe who make and get paid from games sales, microsoft are just trying to protect them, as for backups we shpuld be able to play burn and play them if we own the original game as we don want them to get damaged, i think microsoft should repect that right, as for banning ANYONE playing a game early or well b4 release are just downright idiots and microsoft should activley ban these people!!!!

muhaha.gif

brandogg

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2008, 08:52:00 AM »

dramradhel is 100% correct with his statement in bold. I'd say piracy hurts GameStop (who hurts the developers by selling used games) more than it hurts developers, at least with console games.

DeMoN_DARREN

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2008, 09:08:00 AM »

As correct as it is that developers get the same for used games AND pirated games, i.e. nothing, they are legally very very different things.  Used games are not breaking the ToS and pirated games are

Although the developer isn't happy with either situation, they would prefer a used game as it means someone has bought the game in the first place

phunk

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2008, 09:20:00 AM »

QUOTE(domduv87 @ Nov 12 2008, 05:46 PM) View Post

pop.gif

BEST COMMENT EVER.

GET OFF THE SITE!

This is xbox-scene, not piracy-scene, therefore users are allowed to discuss any xbox related news and issues, not just moan about Live bans. We are all entitled to our opinions.
Lay off the glue please. Its obviously affecting your judgement.   laugh.gif

SniperXx

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2008, 09:27:00 AM »

Yep as some have pointed out, I think the bans are from early releases that ppl are loading up like Fallout 3, GoW 2, Saints Row, ect. You pick. I don't see it as being nothing more. So far I'm not banned but I haven't played any of those either.

I am willing to bet most try to play online first thing when they get those as well.

SniperXx

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2008, 09:53:00 AM »

QUOTE(DaddyLongLegs @ Nov 12 2008, 01:10 PM) View Post

Yeah but I bet playing it online didn't matter either. The 360 keeps a log of every game you've played. A lot of people saying they played Gears of War 2 but with the ethernet unplugged are missing the point. This isn't the days of the original XBox. Microsoft has banned people in the past who never took their copied games online.

If you have a log on your 360 that you played Gears of War 2 well before release, you're banned, simple as that. I know this has not been proven but it makes the most sense to me.

Yeah good points, but the fact that alot probably tried to go online is even more proof lol.

dcdeac

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2008, 10:07:00 AM »

Good for Microsoft.  

Banning people from Live is a great way of handling it.  They're not bricking your console, and they're not hunting you down and sending cops to your house.

They're spending millions on making Live a service that even this Windows-hating Unix guy appreciates.  This isn't like the Xbox 1 where great homebrew software gave modding a legitimate side. This is just kids pirating games, end of story.  

What you all should be posting on this thread is a huge Thank You for Microsoft not following the RIAA model of trying to sue you or pass a law to fine you $60 for every game they have you on record for pirating.  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14