xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]

Author Topic: Microsoft Confirms New Xbox 360 Console Banning  (Read 2154 times)

nortnil

• Archived User
Microsoft Confirms New Xbox 360 Console Banning
« Reply #195 on: December 10, 2008, 03:37:00 PM »

Is the flash chip that stores the secdata.bin on all xboxes or is it only present on the newer models?

Reaper527

• Archived User
« Reply #196 on: December 10, 2008, 04:05:00 PM »

QUOTE(nortnil @ Dec 10 2008, 06:13 PM) View Post

Is the flash chip that stores the secdata.bin on all xboxes or is it only present on the newer models?

all. the chip didn't have the secdata.bin on it until after a certain dashboard upgrade though. i dont remember which update it was, but its irrelevant, as if you care about live, you have it.

nortnil

• Archived User
« Reply #197 on: December 10, 2008, 04:11:00 PM »

Thanks Reaper.  Is it true that powering up your xbox w/o the dvd drive attached throws a bannable flag?  I did it before the NXE install when I was fixing the RROD problem.  I haven't been banned yet but was wondering if this could be a problem in the future.

St Louis 420

• Archived User
« Reply #198 on: December 12, 2008, 04:21:00 PM »

QUOTE(phunk @ Nov 12 2008, 09:02 AM) View Post

I really dont see whay so many people are trying to justify piracy just because they think games are overpriced.  rolleyes.gif
Cars (and lets face it, most other consumer goods) are ridiculously overpriced - do these people see carjacking as ok? No, didn't think so.

The basic upshot is, MS want you to pay for the games that developers spent 2-3 years making. I dont think that's too much to ask, considering that is their revenue stream.

Pricing itself is another issue; I agree that £40-£50 for shovelware is a rip-off, but no one is holding a gun to your head to make you buy and/or play games. Its a choice you can make. Dont want to pay? Then dont play. Simple.

Now if like me (and many others), your 360 has chewed the shit out of your discs, then I can definately see a a valid point in being able to legally make backups and play them. The problem is, that allows all the moochers and freeloaders to play copies of games they have no intention of paying for. Unfortunately its a double-edged sword. If MS had the decency to replace discs that have been ruined by their shitty dvd drives, then the whole 'backup' issue becomes a moot point. All you'd have to do would be return the disc for a replacement, and problem solved!

They do if u buy your games at game crazy disk protection cost 3 dollars extra and they replace scratched and even broken disk for free with receipt for a year. cost another 3 dollars for disk protection on the new disk though. But i will gladly pay 3 dollars for a replacement
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]