xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Epic: Microsoft is 'winning' online battle  (Read 66 times)

xtalent

• Archived User
Epic: Microsoft is 'winning' online battle
« on: November 04, 2008, 05:58:00 AM »

Lol i thought you meant  battle against piracy or something.. biggrin.gif

bucko

• Recovered User
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2008, 07:07:00 AM »

They keep adding "cool" stuff but it's still 800 points here and there and we don't even get Netflix. I think if MS wants to keep me paying for Live they should definitely reduce it to say £25 a year (I can find this on other sites cheap deals and the like). Meh I still like PSN because it's free and Home is coming soon, I really think that is going to own NXE to be honest. I know some people aint going to like my reply but that is my opinion and I'm entitled to it.

BasicAir

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2008, 09:18:00 AM »

QUOTE(bucko @ Nov 4 2008, 03:43 PM) View Post

They keep adding "cool" stuff but it's still 800 points here and there and we don't even get Netflix. I think if MS wants to keep me paying for Live they should definitely reduce it to say £25 a year (I can find this on other sites cheap deals and the like). Meh I still like PSN because it's free and Home is coming soon, I really think that is going to own NXE to be honest. I know some people aint going to like my reply but that is my opinion and I'm entitled to it.

Great, another whiney post about the cost of XBL.

XBL is worth $100's/year.

I have a PS3 but the PSN isn't that great. The only good thing is they have free themes that aren't promos but for actual games. That's cool, but they only have 1/100th the amount of themes as XBL. Other than that, PSN isn't that impressive.

PSN keeps getting better sure but it's still playing catch-up to XBL and at a drunk snails pace at that. PSN still seems so "tacked on", because it is, and although publically Sony tries to say they're catching up to MS, they know the truth is that they're so far behind it's not even funny. The PSN isn't even competition for XBL; XBL is in another league. It's like comparing little league baseball to the major leagues.

bucko

• Recovered User
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2008, 02:37:00 PM »

QUOTE(BasicAir @ Nov 4 2008, 04:54 PM) View Post

Great, another whiney post about the cost of XBL.

XBL is worth $100's/year.

I have a PS3 but the PSN isn't that great. The only good thing is they have free themes that aren't promos but for actual games. That's cool, but they only have 1/100th the amount of themes as XBL. Other than that, PSN isn't that impressive.

PSN keeps getting better sure but it's still playing catch-up to XBL and at a drunk snails pace at that. PSN still seems so "tacked on", because it is, and although publically Sony tries to say they're catching up to MS, they know the truth is that they're so far behind it's not even funny. The PSN isn't even competition for XBL; XBL is in another league. It's like comparing little league baseball to the major leagues.

Right and Gold is worth every penny when people on the service lower your rep cause you won a match on Fifa or won a race, and then you get all the racist idiots and people swearing all the time, and oh yer the quiting to. Is it really worth that money, for sure I would like it cheaper, but the point I was trying to make is that is it really worth £35 a year??

You could also argue that NXE is playing catch up to Nintendo Mii's (not that I have a Wii but that is what I have heard). So I don't really see why you are saying the PSN aint great what do you expect, it's free!

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2008, 04:01:00 PM »

PSN is fine and it is free.
XBL has some more bells and whistles (a lot of which is not available in many regions) but when it comes down to playing a multiplayer game it's no better or worse than playing it on the PSN. Oh not to mention they are not providing dedicated gaming servers.
The same people who tell us how good XBL is for the money and how it is worth much more can be found moaning about the cost of buying a 360 and how it should have been $99 from day one etc.
The price of the console has never been an issue for me, but continuous billing of a credit card for XBL has.
Hey Bucko, you should have bought Fifa for the PS3 the majority of players on XBL are not football (soccer) fans and you would probably get better games if you were playing Madden

oddbinz

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2008, 03:41:00 PM »

QUOTE(bucko @ Nov 4 2008, 02:43 PM) View Post

look on ebay £25 a year is all i pay