xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Wanna Go Live But Not Got Much Money?  (Read 64 times)

baggieboy

• Archived User
Wanna Go Live But Not Got Much Money?
« on: February 03, 2020, 06:41:00 AM »

Hi there ,

My brother is on to me about getting xbox live but i'm completely stumped as to what iv'e got to buy.

I have a Zoom 5510B usb modem.

http://www.zoom.com/graphics/datasheets/ad..._3104_5510B.pdf

So my question is which is the cheapest way for me to get playing on xbox live? is the cheapest way by just getting a ethernet cross over cable and plugging it from my pc to my xbox 360?

Any help or advice would be gretly helpfull....also I only have £40 to spend

thanks

speedle

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2020, 08:59:00 AM »

QUOTE(baggieboy @ Oct 8 2008, 02:41 PM) *

Hi there ,

My brother is on to me about getting xbox live but i'm completely stumped as to what iv'e got to buy.

I have a Zoom 5510B usb modem.

http://www.zoom.com/graphics/datasheets/ad..._3104_5510B.pdf

So my question is which is the cheapest way for me to get playing on xbox live? is the cheapest way by just getting a ethernet cross over cable and plugging it from my pc to my xbox 360?

Any help or advice would be gretly helpfull....also I only have £40 to spend

thanks

if moneys tight mate id suggest either the crossover (at least for now), although then your pc has to be on all the time.

or get a router with a built in modem/adsl. im using a wireless router and a wireless adapter on my 360 but before i saved up the cash for the wireless adapter i just had some cat 5 running to the router. that way your pc isnt on running up your elecetricity bill (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) im sure you can get a second hand router on ebay for £40 that will have a built in adsl modem (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

doesnt have to be nout special something like this will do; this is what i have (at least similar)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NETGEAR-DG834G-V3-AD...id=p3286.c0.m14

plug this into your phone line (set it up to dial your broadband) plug your xbox into the router bobs you uncle!

This post has been edited by speedle: Yesterday, 05:04 PM

baggieboy

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2020, 04:37:00 AM »

Thanks for the reply , i brought a 10m ethernet cable and run it through to the xbox was really easy to set up....Now all i need to do is learn how to play fifa properly

speedle

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2020, 04:50:00 AM »

QUOTE(baggieboy @ Oct 9 2008, 12:37 PM) *

Thanks for the reply , i brought a 10m ethernet cable and run it through to the xbox was really easy to set up....Now all i need to do is learn how to play fifa properly

your welcome! enjoy (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)