xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Can I Change My Loaction?  (Read 57 times)

davejonesbkk

• Archived User
Can I Change My Loaction?
« on: October 07, 2008, 08:34:00 AM »

I am based in Singapore so that is my gamertag location. Unfortunately some games are not available for download such as Doom, Duke Nuke em etc and even when I try to download the demos it says not available. This is really annoying as Id love to play Doom on my 360 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

So, if I change my location to say USA will it work? Could I get banned for this? And if so what kind of ban? Temporary gamertag ban, full gamertag ban or console ban?

This post has been edited by davejonesbkk: Oct 7 2008, 03:35 PM

atanimation

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008, 10:42:00 AM »

QUOTE(davejonesbkk @ Oct 7 2008, 11:34 AM) *

I am based in Singapore so that is my gamertag location. Unfortunately some games are not available for download such as Doom, Duke Nuke em etc and even when I try to download the demos it says not available. This is really annoying as Id love to play Doom on my 360 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

So, if I change my location to say USA will it work? Could I get banned for this? And if so what kind of ban? Temporary gamertag ban, full gamertag ban or console ban?

Nope, you can't change it from the profile you originally created, what you can do though is create an american or canadian account, download the game so that it will be saved on your HD, then just sign it with your old account from Singapore and you'll find it in the games section on your HD.
It worked for me: I had an Italian account but I am living in Canada so I couldnt download certain games, so I just created another canadian account a SILVER one and it worked just fine.
Hope it helps!

Reaper527

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2008, 12:03:00 PM »

QUOTE(atanimation @ Oct 7 2008, 12:42 PM) *

Nope, you can't change it from the profile you originally created, what you can do though is create an american or canadian account, download the game so that it will be saved on your HD, then just sign it with your old account from Singapore and you'll find it in the games section on your HD.
It worked for me: I had an Italian account but I am living in Canada so I couldnt download certain games, so I just created another canadian account a SILVER one and it worked just fine.
Hope it helps!

unfortunately, i'm pretty sure that works for you because in addition to your new profile saying canada, you are also connecting to the web in canada. i seem to remember reading about a year ago that in addition to the simple location check, they are also doing an ip check.

now i believe a 2nd live silver account must be accompanied by the use of a proxy server hosted in the region you are claiming to be from

This post has been edited by Reaper527: Oct 7 2008, 07:04 PM

atanimation

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2008, 12:48:00 PM »

QUOTE(Reaper527 @ Oct 7 2008, 03:03 PM) *

unfortunately, i'm pretty sure that works for you because in addition to your new profile saying canada, you are also connecting to the web in canada. i seem to remember reading about a year ago that in addition to the simple location check, they are also doing an ip check.

now i believe a 2nd live silver account must be accompanied by the use of a proxy server hosted in the region you are claiming to be from

I am not sure about that, because if you sign on Xbox live with an Italian account let's say, you will find different things in the games sections, it's like you get to a total different content, so I was just assuming that I couldnt access to the Italian xbox then if they would check the IP ( i created both my profile in Canada ).

Reaper527

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2008, 04:08:00 PM »

QUOTE(atanimation @ Oct 7 2008, 02:48 PM) *

I am not sure about that, because if you sign on Xbox live with an Italian account let's say, you will find different things in the games sections, it's like you get to a total different content, so I was just assuming that I couldnt access to the Italian xbox then if they would check the IP ( i created both my profile in Canada ).

well, like i said, my post is based on what i've read. not saying its 100% fact. i live in the us, so the good stuff is already accessible (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2020, 02:12:00 AM »

The other thing worth remembering is that MS will remove any accounts created like this  (out of region) as soon as they find out.