xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Some Free Online Play on LIVE Silver Accounts Confirmed till Fall  (Read 472 times)

scuba156

• Archived User
Some Free Online Play on LIVE Silver Accounts Confirmed till Fall
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2008, 11:13:00 AM »

QUOTE(Bad_Ad @ Jul 29 2008, 04:19 PM) View Post

This quality of the people posting on this site really has decreased in recent years... its starting to remind me of psp-hacks.

Quit your bitching, $50 a year is next to nothing, i know i waste more than that on take aways in a month.

You get what you pay for, simple as that.

we get what we pay for? do you actually know what your actually paying for? all your paying for is for microsoft to 'point' you in the direction of someone else wanting to play the same game online (as the games are hosted using your bandwidth, not the servers bandwidth), leaderboards (whoa, there so expensive to upkeep), and getting free demos a week earlier than silver members. thats all, everything else (which is what the live service is usually praised for) is available on a free silver account. who knows what the money your paying for is actually going to, especially when they also have multiple sources of revenue like ads and profit from downloaded content on the marketplace.

its not that people cant afford it, shit i spend more than that a week just on smokes, people would be quite happy to pay for it if it was actually worth the money, but it seriously is not worth the money for what you actually get. now if they used dedicated servers, which is available on 99% on other free multiplayer platforms, it may actually make the price tag a bit more reasonable, but there just not offering enough to justify that price tag.

lcprove

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2008, 11:26:00 PM »

buying soulcaliber 4 for the ps3 tomorrow, the first game i'm buying for the ps3 that is on both the ps3 and xbox 360.  wish i had done that for cod4.  just pointing out that microsoft charging for xbox live is going to cost them game sales, i'm sure i'm not the only person that is doing this.

dhotull

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2008, 12:18:00 PM »

QUOTE(lcprove @ Aug 1 2008, 01:02 AM) View Post

buying soulcaliber 4 for the ps3 tomorrow, the first game i'm buying for the ps3 that is on both the ps3 and xbox 360.  wish i had done that for cod4.  just pointing out that microsoft charging for xbox live is going to cost them game sales, i'm sure i'm not the only person that is doing this.

You're not alone.  I'm picking up a ps3 this weekend and getting NCAA 09, SCIV and MGS.  I'm selling my 360 games and will keep the 360 as my mc extender until it rrod's when I'll replace it with the hp extender that supports more media types and isn't as loud.  I'd really like to keep it and get Fable 2, but I'm not paying them anymore fees to use the full capability of the system as it was sold in the store.  

To me, MS has not really done one thing with the 360 to make it consumer friendly(e.g. high failure rate, annual fees for full use of system, proprietary memory, proprietary and high cost addons, no effective way of backing up game save data for the inevitable hardware failure, making it impossible to change cc info, drm issues for purchased content).  All of these items are better addresses on the ps3 than the 360.  Yeah, it may not have some of the intricacies of online play that the 360 has, but it does play online, easily and free.
Pages: 1 2 [3]