xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Some Free Online Play on LIVE Silver Accounts Confirmed till Fall  (Read 473 times)

Xbox-Scene

• Archived User

Some Free Online Play on LIVE Silver Accounts Confirmed till Fall
Posted by XanTium | July 28 19:00 EST | News Category: Xbox360

From shacknews.com:

Microsoft has informed Shacknews that Xbox Live Silver members will only have free multiplayer access to select cross-platform titles--Universe at War, Shadowrun and Lost Planet: Colonies Edition--until the next system update arrives this fall.

"For a limited time, we are offering free online multiplayer on Xbox 360/Games for Windows titles that offer LIVE cross platform play," a representative explained. "This promotion won't last, so we encourage everyone to take advantage of it while they can."

The representative concluded that, "When the new Xbox experience launches this fall all multiplayer gaming on Xbox 360 will be for Gold members only."

Full Story: shacknews.com

Mushy2000

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 04:38:00 PM »

Haha... Well that totally shoots down everyone's Idea of a Free Live...

Shonk

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2008, 04:43:00 PM »

Lol promotion

they cant fix it until the fall update is all

its no promotion

wassco

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2008, 05:01:00 PM »

Meh, i seen that coming a mile away, oh well my gold is done in august and ill be god damned if im gonna give Crapsoft more of my cash!
Lots of free ways to play games online still...screw live, screw paying for online playability for a game you've already purchased!

I'd rather waste 5 min of my time using xlink kai, and save $50 bucks then live...even tho its only for games with lan ability (which is most of the good games n e ways) so its all good.

This post has been edited by wassco: Jul 29 2008, 12:05 AM

PerfectGun

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2008, 06:24:00 PM »

QUOTE(wassco @ Jul 28 2008, 05:45 PM) View Post

Meh, i seen that coming a mile away, oh well my gold is done in august and ill be god damned if im gonna give Crapsoft more of my cash!
Lots of free ways to play games online still...screw live, screw paying for online playability for a game you've already purchased!

I'd rather waste 5 min of my time using xlink kai, and save $50 bucks then live...even tho its only for games with lan ability (which is most of the good games n e ways) so its all good.

I'm with you.  My sub ends in December and I'm done paying for online multiplayer.  There just isn't enough incentive for Gold membership, especially now that all the competition does it for free.

Devedander

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2008, 05:33:00 PM »

You guys do realize that you will have a very limited success rate with xlink as most if not all 360 games require a 30ms ping or less to work in syslink.  I can barely ping 30ms to my host...

trentdadi

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2008, 07:42:00 PM »

QUOTE(Shonk @ Jul 29 2008, 01:27 AM) View Post

Lol promotion

they cant fix it until the fall update is all

its no promotion

You must be new around here, Microsoft is basically god, they make no mistakes.

greenday54261

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2008, 06:43:00 PM »

This is just a really poor attempt at covering up the fact that making Games for Windows Live free also inadvertently enabled cross-platform play on Silver accounts. It's damage control is all... making it look like a promotion to cover their asses.

Xandalus

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2008, 06:48:00 PM »

When the new Xbox experience launches this fall all multiplayer gaming on Xbox 360 will be for Gold members only.

Technically, that means all mutliplayer... live, lan, and local. A silly slip of the tongue when everyone picks apart their words.

gsharpshooter

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2008, 07:04:00 PM »

wow shows how cheap rich ppl are fuck u microsoft

wassco

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2008, 07:51:00 PM »

i dont see any lag on kai, i have a 7mb connection, its fast enough even for kai!

lcprove

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2008, 10:08:00 PM »

i'm done with the xbox 360 really.  my gold subscription ended early June and i haven't missed the 360 at all, i play my online MMO, my ps3, my psp and online poker so i don't really care about the 360 anymore.  the only reason i'm not ebaying it is because i use the hd-dvd addon but i might even just buy an actual hd-dvd player and get rid of the 360 all together.  there's no doubt there's great games on the 360, i've played my 360 for many hours but i truly am tired of feeling robbed.  i make more than enough money to pay for xbox live gold, i just don't understand why i have to pay to play the games i've already paid $60+ online, plus many games coming out today come with new maps, scenarios, blah blah and that costs too.  i know for sure that if a multiplayer game comes out on both the ps3 and 360 and they're both the same in quality i won't be getting the 360 version.  time to move on, you were great 360.

Charbless

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2008, 10:27:00 PM »

All I ever read  is people bitching about MS and 360.

If you don't like them then fine but have good reasons for bitching it's like a kids playground ms blah blah blah.

I fail to understand if you don't like something why put so much effort in to coming to a place which is about them and keep moaning over and over about very petty things.

Bad_Ad

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2008, 10:35:00 PM »

This quality of the people posting on this site really has decreased in recent years... its starting to remind me of psp-hacks.

Quit your bitching, $50 a year is next to nothing, i know i waste more than that on take aways in a month.

You get what you pay for, simple as that.

This post has been edited by Bad_Ad: Jul 29 2008, 05:37 AM

PirateElf

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2008, 11:57:00 PM »

QUOTE(Bad_Ad @ Jul 29 2008, 07:19 AM) View Post

This quality of the people posting on this site really has decreased in recent years... its starting to remind me of psp-hacks.

Quit your bitching, $50 a year is next to nothing, i know i waste more than that on take aways in a month.

You get what you pay for, simple as that.

rolleyes.gif

Pretty much... Welcome to what the "scene" has become... Whining about xbox live is silly. A whole fifty dollars a year? Jesus! NO! That's my piggy bank money. No seriously I probably have that in pennies in a kentwood container or some shit. *sigh*
Pages: [1] 2 3