xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Xbox Live 'Gay' Crackdown MIGHT Be Getting A Little Out Of Hand - MS E  (Read 794 times)

GQJake81

• Archived User
Xbox Live 'Gay' Crackdown MIGHT Be Getting A Little Out Of Hand - MS E
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2008, 02:51:00 PM »

second "gay" in a gamertag this week. frankly it's like this....

if you don't like the ToS feel free to NOT USE THE SERVICE.

It says you can't use stuff like that in your gamertag. it's a blanket "not allowed." it's to prevent vugarity and offesive names. they are going to ban Mr.gayhaterkiller. But it's also a double edged sword, and turnabout is fair play. it doesn't matter if you are gay and want to profess it to the Live community. Mr.Gayandproud is ALSO going to be banned.

but honestly, i'm gettin sick and tired of the stupid PC-ness that is everywhere. My gameFAQs account got suspended cause i was talkin about the FAGGIO in GTA IV and it auto suspended me. i mean...come on!

faceless

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2008, 03:31:00 PM »

QUOTE(Sircolby45 @ May 21 2008, 05:43 PM) View Post

This whole Gay thing is so ******* retarded. If they really are gay then why is it so offensive for someone to call them gay?

who said he was gay?

his last name is Gaywood.

MrFish

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2008, 03:33:00 PM »

QUOTE(Sircolby45 @ May 21 2008, 10:43 PM) View Post

This whole Gay thing is so ******* retarded. If they really are gay then why is it so offensive for someone to call them gay?

I think it's actually considered offensive by the Christian Right, who seem to think that if their children never find out about homosexuality, they will all turn out heterosexual.

See also Harvest Moon DS, where they took the lesbians out the girl version, but neglected to put in some kind of DNA tester to put in Slot 2 to prevent girls from playing the original and seducing their pick out of the whole village into a relationship akin to marriage.

Personally, I'd pay extra for a version of LIVE that wasn't open to children, and thus didn't have these stupid puritanical restrictions. And probably wouldn't have as many morons that call everyone a 'fag' and a 'nigger'*.

* tip carried over from original Xbox: simply bridge the headset socket, and it will mute everyone all the time without you having to do anything and without it looking like you're ignoring everyone.

sinister slipknot

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2008, 03:37:00 PM »

QUOTE(readmore @ May 21 2008, 08:21 PM) View Post

His name is Dick Gaywood? seems a little made up to me. But either way I care not. It's a gamertag, I'm sure he'll get over the trauma and years of sleepless nights over the fact that he needs a new tag.

/Yours truly, Mike Hunt

I dunno, i mean i've met someone called Richard Wanka before... Dick Wanker. lol he was a security person at the Rockefeller Center o.O

sabbath_dude

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2008, 04:05:00 PM »

Its getting a little over the top now. You'd think Microsoft would use some common sense and discretion when considering whether or not a tag is offensive. Is there anyone (sane) in the world genuinely offended by the name Gaywood?, I seriously doubt it. Is removing the gamer tag RichardGaywood going to do anything other than piss off a Live customer and give Microsoft some bad press?, no.

47_M450N_47

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2008, 05:01:00 PM »

QUOTE(kgn340 @ May 21 2008, 06:29 PM) View Post

i didn't know that microsoft was so homophobic  blink.gif

Microsoft stop being so lame.

Gay (definition) :
1 a: happily excited : merry <in a gay mood> b: keenly alive and exuberant : having or inducing high spirits <a bird's gay spring song>
2 a: bright, lively <gay sunny meadows> b: brilliant in color
3: given to social pleasures; also : licentious
4 a: homosexual <gay men> b: of, relating to, or used by homosexuals <the gay rights movement> <a gay bar>
I'm really tired of "those" wink.gif  extremists trying to ban everything.

Dude, MS would ban you just as easily if your name was "ImAManWhoHasSexWithWomen".

ThaCrip

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2008, 05:14:00 PM »

"Xbox Live 'Gay' Crackdown MIGHT Be Getting A Little Out Of Hand".... correction, "Xbox Live 'Gay' Crackdown 'IS' Out Of Hand"

cause assuming what the article said is true it's just plain BS to get his gamertag banned.

Marrvia

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2008, 05:52:00 PM »

LOL!  That is a hilarious name.  Even if it really is his real name(which it doubt), it shouldn't be allowed as his gamertag though.  Simply because of the sad fact that there are thousands of immature people on xbox live that will see that name and start with the gay jokes and insults.  In a perfect world, and name like that would be fine on xbox live.  It is not this guy's fault, but there are just too many people that are immature that it becomes of a problem for everyone.

But what kind of asshole uses his real first and last name as his gamertag anyway?

gronned

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2008, 06:15:00 PM »

The only one that should get banned (from life) here is his damn parents for giving their son a disturbing name. Sure, Gaywood is a family name, but when gay doesn't mean happy anymore, just drop it. "Hey, we've given our son a name that's just PERFECT for bullying!".

47_M450N_47

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2008, 06:23:00 PM »

QUOTE(Marrvia @ May 21 2008, 07:28 PM) View Post

But what kind of asshole uses his real first and last name as his gamertag anyway?

Seriously.

chorizo1

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2008, 06:27:00 PM »

QUOTE(Marrvia @ May 21 2008, 07:28 PM) View Post

NOOBs

majik655

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2008, 07:00:00 PM »

QUOTE(Sircolby45 @ May 21 2008, 06:23 PM) View Post

I'm Christian and I don't find the word gay offensive. I do find it offensive when people start telling me what I can and can not say though. This totally misses my point though. What I am asking is why are all the gay people out there so offended for being called gay!

Your question has nothing to do with this thread...

Who was offended for being CALLED gay   *shrug*   it hasn't been here yet.

ThUgLoVe

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2008, 07:20:00 PM »

QUOTE(MrFish @ May 21 2008, 05:09 PM) View Post

Marrvia

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2008, 07:48:00 PM »

QUOTE(t0m @ May 21 2008, 07:01 PM) View Post

if the word 'gay' is not allowed under the TOS, i wonder if i could change my name to 'hetero hero' and get banned for talking about my sexual preference? havnt read about any cases like that online yet... in reality it would be fair (according to the TOS) to ban someone doing that....but would they? i wonder if they would knee-jerk ban 'super_homo_sapien' as well?

i agree though, im getting really sick of political correctness...its pretty much the opposite of free speech in a lot of ways.

'you can say whatever you want, as long as you dont mention anyones (including your own) race, sexual preference, religion, geographical location, daily habits etc....'

Well, there are 2 sides to the coin there.  Microsoft can be considered PC in both cases.  One hand, if Microsoft doesn't ban the word "gay", there are adhering to gay people's views of equality.  And if when they do ban it, they are adhering to the views of the morons who find the word offensive.  They damned if they do, and damned if they don't.

Like I said, I agree with Microsoft on this.  It makes Xbox Live a slightly more peaceful place when there aren't a bunch of morons who see the word and start gay bashing.  If there weren't so much assholes on xbox live, this wouldn't be a problem.  If they could just ban all of the immature people, I'd be all for it, but we all know that will never happen.

ThUgLoVe

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2008, 07:49:00 PM »

QUOTE(majik655 @ May 21 2008, 08:36 PM) View Post

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4