xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Xbox Live 'Gay' Crackdown MIGHT Be Getting A Little Out Of Hand - MS E  (Read 795 times)

twisted_oak

• Archived User
Xbox Live 'Gay' Crackdown MIGHT Be Getting A Little Out Of Hand - MS E
« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2008, 08:51:00 AM »

I will cancel my own Live account if this PC bullshit continues.

chronno

• Archived User
« Reply #46 on: May 23, 2008, 09:22:00 AM »

QUOTE(trentdadi @ May 23 2008, 04:33 AM) View Post

He agreed to the EULA and the ToS as he was signing up for his account.

When was the last time you fully read and understood a EULA or TOS?

While I'm complaining, They say that he didn't have anything explaining that Gaywood is his actual name.  I don't have anything explaining that my name is short for Chronno Trigger witch is derived from Chrono Trigger (one of the greatest RPGs ever).  Mr. Ibangrobots has nothing to explain that it's female robots he speaks of, or that bang is (possibly) in reference of violently hitting.  A guy with the gamertag PeeKnuckle (spelled that way) was highlighted on the XBL news.  It took me 5min to realise that PeeKnuckle is a game (not spelled that way) and not some weird fetish.  Turns out it's in honer of his grandmother but nowhere douse it say that in his bio.

echto

• Archived User
« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2008, 09:29:00 AM »

I like the spotlighted profile on Live: PeeKnuckle.

I found that one offensive.

beerchug.gif

haki1112

• Archived User
« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2008, 10:38:00 AM »

man if i was richard ill be pissed because im paying 50 bucks and i can't put my name as a GT get the fuck outta here MS and btw try putting staff in your motto they banned that and bungie banned POT (power of tower) but i can see why lol

SNAAAKE

• Archived User
« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2008, 01:41:00 AM »

my next tag will be  "eric dick monger" lol..

slinkey1981

• Archived User
« Reply #50 on: May 31, 2008, 12:19:00 PM »

QUOTE(LoyalistRevolt @ May 25 2008, 07:39 PM) View Post

I was reading this last week. This is ridiculously unfair. Thats his real name! So what if a bunch of Stupid parents think it is inappropriate...There children see worse things on TV. This annoys me.

cussing.gif

Does anyone ever read half of the shit that they agree to anymore? Seriously...

Go read the "Code of Conduct", if you read it, it doesn't matter what you think is right, or fair. You've agreed to it. So deal with it.

But technically :

"Don't give out information that personally identifies you (such as your real name, address, phone number, credit card number, etc.) while you're playing. This includes voice chat and the names you create for your gamertag or mottos. This information could be used by other players for illegal or harmful purposes. Also, don't give out the personal information of other players."

Holy crap. It says right there not to use your real name, so regardless of how you think of the "Gay" in his name, he shouldn't be using it.

"If you violate the Code of Conduct or the Terms of Use that you agreed to, action may be taken against your account........ If you create an inappropriate gamertag you may be required to change it."

Before everyone gets all huffy and puffy about stuff, they should take a look at the CONTRACT they agree to.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]