xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Bought A Used 360, Want To Change The Gamertag  (Read 87 times)

AirRage

• Archived User
Bought A Used 360, Want To Change The Gamertag
« on: April 11, 2008, 06:23:00 AM »

Ok, i just bought a used xbox360 with 13months of xboxlive and his gamertag with all his stuff on it. I noticed that for 800 microsoft points it says i can change the name. Can i keep all that stuff he bought with movies and map packs? I have another xbox360 thats not on live with a 20gig but this new one has a 120gig. Could i transfer my old name to this 120gig and keep all his stuff. I would like to keep my gamername and score over his but keep the stuff he bought or downloaded.
     Also is there any way he can change or shut off his live service from xbox.com website?

Antman1

• Archived User
Bought A Used 360, Want To Change The Gamertag
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2008, 11:11:00 AM »

there is a way but you will have to pay.  you can change your gamertag that you want to something else (Leaving the one you really want available) then change your Gamertag on the console to the one you want.  I did this and it will transfer everything ever bough to the username you just told it to change too.  but you end up spending 1600 points in the end to do this.

Make sure to change the Windows Live ID and password so the person cannot log in later and take your TAG though.

This post has been edited by Antman1: Apr 19 2008, 06:14 PM