xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Will An Old Firmware Getted Me Banned?  (Read 137 times)

Uncool

• Archived User
Will An Old Firmware Getted Me Banned?
« on: April 01, 2008, 01:24:00 PM »

I'm using an old modified firmware, probably a year old or so.
If I connect to XBL with this firmware and a new stealthpatched game would I most likely get banned?
Are my chances of getting banned smaller if I change to the newest firmware?
Thanks!

nevadabob24

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2008, 09:42:00 AM »

I wouldn't risk going on XBL with your old firmware. There have been a lot of changes tot he firmwares in a year. I'd update to the latest first.

JAYNO20

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2008, 12:49:00 PM »

Me, my brother, and my friend have all been using Xtreme 5.3 for over a year now with no ban... and we play at least once a day. But again there is no sure fire way to know for sure.

matallica28

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2008, 04:45:00 PM »

It does seem to be a bit random imo with banning. But I would update to be safer, as theres always a risk.

Reaper527

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2008, 05:26:00 PM »

what kind of drive do you have? the pre-ixtreme hitachi firmware did NOT support stealth media, and as a result, you will be banned from live if you use it.

the xtreme 5.x firmware for a samsung drive will be safe IF all of your backups are properly stealthed. if you boot a single unstealthed backup, you will be banned.

the ixtreme firmware has various security tweaks to avoid a ban, in addition to the fact that it will not boot non-stealthed media (so you won't get banned for it)

Reaper527

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2008, 01:03:00 PM »

QUOTE(Uncool @ Apr 18 2008, 11:17 AM) View Post

Thank's for helping me out guys.

I have a Hitachidrive and I think it's not an IXtreme firmware.
It boots all my games even the oldest ones that are not stelthed.
I would like to boot all my games and play on XBL at the same time.
But I guess I can't have it that way without a chip, correct?

Is there an easy way to check what firmware is in the drive?

you can dump the firmware to your computer, and from there you can figure out what it is. there is NO way to play an unstealthed backup and connect to live without getting banned (and being connected doesn't necessarily mean matchmaking). if you update to ixtreme, your stealthed backups will work ok.

you don't need a chip, just a new firmware.

doityourself

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2020, 04:21:00 AM »

makes me laugh reading these posts the mods/admins of the site always mention they dont support piracy but everything on the site tells you how to play/make backups/copies for online use and then you get ppl who ask about full stealth patched games online(piracy) yeah i know you gonna say backups of original games you own isnt piracy to some extent but the majority of ppl get copies off the net or off a friend but to get to the point if you not sure about something then dont use backups online USE YOUR ORIGINAL GAME
and another common thing ppl say is my original dont work that means you no longer have the original copy so your backups is piracy

scuba156

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2008, 10:05:00 AM »

quite frankly, i havnt heard anyone say that there original no longer works, unless there talking about a faulty DVD drive where no original games work due to hardware.

i suggest you get your fact right. we do NOT support piracy of any kind. creating one backup of a game/movie/ audio CD is permitted by law, we have the right to backup or investments. if someone is a pirate, and they do not suggest or say that they engage in criminal activity, then we cannot do anything about it. innocent until proven guilty. mentioning a stealth patch does not qualify as piracy as people can be mis informed on what a 'stealth patch' really is. they just see people talking about stealth games and people asking if other peoples games have the security sectors in them.

and we do not support playing backups on LIVE, it is not illegal so its not as serious but is against the LIVE TOS. if someone wants to not add protection to there LIVE account and only play originals while connected to LIVE, then thats there choice to take that risk. we do not provide people with information on how to backup there games to play online, we provide information to help people getting permanently banned from LIVE, as being banned can mean alot to many people, and can send alot of money spiralling down the drain, which is what we are trying to prevent by making backups in the first place. its all about

quite frankly, i can understand using backups on LIVE. i have a backup of my COD4 (just like my other 60 games) which now does not get used due to me having 1000GP in the game, so now i only ever use the original  to play multiplayer on LIVE, and my disc has quite a few small scratches on it. just waiting for the day for it to cause a deep scratch (and yes i look after my games and try to keep them in perfect order)

so to come here and say that the Mods are hypocrites is just BS. they do there job well here to keep any illegal things going on. i for one applaud them in the voluntary work here and hope they keep up the effort on this board.

slimdagreat

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2008, 10:09:00 AM »

QUOTE(doityourself @ Apr 21 2008, 05:21 AM) View Post

makes me laugh reading these posts the mods/admins of the site always mention they dont support piracy but everything on the site tells you how to play/make backups/copies for online use and then you get ppl who ask about full stealth patched games online(piracy) yeah i know you gonna say backups of original games you own isnt piracy to some extent but the majority of ppl get copies off the net or off a friend but to get to the point if you not sure about something then dont use backups online USE YOUR ORIGINAL GAME
and another common thing ppl say is my original dont work that means you no longer have the original copy so your backups is piracy

You're making an ASSUMPTION that most people here are pirates. Most people that use this site are backing up their own games to prevent them from getting damaged by the crappy 360. Although I'm sure there are folks out there using Blockbuster/Gamefly etc. This site in no way condones that type of activity.

The reason the admins/mods are so hard a$$ed on piracy is because as soon as this site becomes a haven for piracy, it'll get shut down.

Anyway moving on, yes thats the sole reason for the updated FW, because people using the older ones are getting banned. IF you want to use the old FW offline you're fine, but if you don't want to get banned, you need to update

ssj4android

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2008, 11:53:00 AM »

QUOTE(scuba156 @ Apr 21 2008, 12:41 PM) View Post

quite frankly, i havnt heard anyone say that there original no longer works, unless there talking about a faulty DVD drive where no original games work due to hardware.

Well, my brother's Gears of War disc stopped working from being too scratched up, as an example. I've had a CD broken in half. Unfortunately, we didn't have backups of either.
Plus some people like keeping the original in good condition and would rather use a copy.
Although I would say the USENET ads you see above do indicate there are many pirates on this site.