xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony Disagree On Demos For Downloadable Games  (Read 306 times)

Chancer

• Archived User
Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony Disagree On Demos For Downloadable Games
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2008, 08:00:00 AM »

A lot of arcade titles are remakes of the original old stuff so I don't see the need for a demo.
Any arcade title that is new on the PS3 and doesn't have a demo is usually so cheap as to not even worry.
I think there should be demos of all expensive new games across all platforms. Nothing worse than throwing £40 into a game to find out it is a crock of shit.

HotKnife420

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2008, 10:44:00 AM »

QUOTE(Chancer @ Mar 25 2008, 03:36 PM) View Post

A lot of arcade titles are remakes of the original old stuff so I don't see the need for a demo.
Any arcade title that is new on the PS3 and doesn't have a demo is usually so cheap as to not even worry.
I think there should be demos of all expensive new games across all platforms. Nothing worse than throwing £40 into a game to find out it is a crock of shit.

There is one thing worse, and that's ploping down the extra dough for a LE of a crappy game.

chronno

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2008, 11:13:00 AM »

Out of all the games I have purchased (somewhere around 40 including the arcade games) about half of them were because of the demos.  Geometry wars, Brain Challenge, overlord, dead rising, all games I got because of the demos.  I'd probably would have more virtual console games for the Wii if I could download a demo first.

Knasen

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2008, 11:34:00 AM »

Imo there should be demos of every game, being an AAA title or simple xbLive game shouldn't matter. Demos are a great way of evaluating software before buying something you might not like at all.

I agree that bad demos might scare people away from byuing them, but on the other hand, it also let us discover games that we never would have bought. Thanks to demos I discovered cloning clyde and assault heroes, two great games.
Pages: 1 [2]