xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Can I Be Hacked?  (Read 128 times)

x86deathdealer

• Archived User
Can I Be Hacked?
« on: February 23, 2008, 09:48:00 PM »

is it possible for some one to hack my xbox and stop me from doing private matches because i kicked him?

gamerfreak1727

• Archived User
Can I Be Hacked?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2008, 11:20:00 PM »

Heh, that's hiliarious...NO, XBL hasn't ever been hacked, the Xbox 360 is one of the most secure consoles ever, if not the most secure.

InvidiousDemise

• Archived User
Can I Be Hacked?
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2008, 01:35:00 AM »

No. I'm pretty sure people were able to do that with xbox1 but again, it's going off of what a friend told me.

He wouldn't lie to me and said he saw someone's account stole first hand. . . but i've never actually seen it.

I have seen people get DOS attacked so they couldn't connect to XBL.

Bandit5317

• Archived User
Can I Be Hacked?
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2008, 01:36:00 AM »

I suppose if you were running linux...

Bandit5317

• Archived User
Can I Be Hacked?
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2008, 01:29:00 AM »

QUOTE(InvidiousDemise @ Feb 24 2008, 03:35 AM) View Post

No. I'm pretty sure people were able to do that with xbox1 but again, it's going off of what a friend told me.

He wouldn't lie to me and said he saw someone's account stole first hand. . . but i've never actually seen it.

I have seen people get DOS attacked so they couldn't connect to XBL.

A DOS attack, from my understanding, isn't really a system hack, but rather a way to spam an IP address to a point where the internet bandwidth is so small that it can't really do anything. The original Xbox standby mode mod, for example, is essentially a DOS attack on anyone else's IP address that you attack. For example, your playing on Halo 2 and all of a sudden everyone goes into red bars on their connection indicator and the game says it's trying to re-establish a connection. This screen will continue until the DOS attacker stops the attack, and your connection goes back to normal, and yes, it can stop you from logging into XBL, or it can completely log you out if you are already in. A DOS attack can work on ANY device with an IP address, as long as the attacker is on the same network (i.e. the internet). The attacker also needs at least as much bandwidth as the device they are attacking. This is a problem for any would be noobattacker that wants to put everyone else playing a 16 player game in standby mode via XBL. In order to attack all 15 other players, that means you need to have more bandwidth than all other 15 players COMBINED. In order to do this, you would need business level bandwidth all to yourself. As in, around 8 MB/s UPLOAD speed (depending on how fast the download speeds of those you are attacking is). Sorry about my rant, but if one person reads this and realizes how improbable it is for "those newbz on tha otter teem" to be using standby mode and cheating, then this post has a purpose.

a6a6a6

• Archived User
Can I Be Hacked?
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2020, 08:32:00 PM »

my coworkers profile was stolen last week he called M$ they said they need a month to figure it out.

InvidiousDemise

• Archived User
Can I Be Hacked?
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2008, 12:27:00 AM »

Great elaboration bandit.  pop.gif

I'm not sure how all that works but anyways, yes. I have seen people's xboxes get taken out of commission.

I've even heard of it for several days.

Idk. I'm going to bed now. haha. smile.gif