xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: You can now edit your profile information on Xbox.com  (Read 189 times)

Xbox-Scene

• Archived User
You can now edit your profile information on Xbox.com
« on: February 14, 2008, 04:47:00 PM »

Posted by XanTium | February 14 18:11 EST | News Category: Xbox360

From majornelson.com:

When we shipped the dashboard update in December, we added the ability to enter your name, location and a bio in the dashboard. I am happy to announce that starting today, you can now edit those field on Xbox.com. To add or edit this information, sign in to Xbox.com then go to Manage Profile then click Edit Personal Profile . This page has a place to edit those three fields directly in your browser. Much easier, huh?

DarkRiot701

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2008, 05:24:00 PM »

Whoah, so does this mean I can finally associate my XBL account with the same email I use MSN Mesenger with to finally sign on Messenger on my 360?

mercury187

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2008, 05:51:00 PM »

whenever I sign into messenger on my 360 my display name to people on MSN is Joe, I believe this is because I had my hotmail account set to Joe, I have since changed it but people still see Joe when I sign in. Anyone know how to change this? I called tech support but their dumber than a sack of bricks.

ArkitekT

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2008, 06:18:00 PM »

ah-maze-ing!
What an idea.
smell the sarcasm.

Paperstack.1

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2008, 06:52:00 PM »

QUOTE(mercury187 @ Feb 14 2008, 07:51 PM) *

whenever I sign into messenger on my 360 my display name to people on MSN is Joe, I believe this is because I had my hotmail account set to Joe, I have since changed it but people still see Joe when I sign in. Anyone know how to change this? I called tech support but their dumber than a sack of bricks.

Use Windows Messenger/Windows Live Messenger on your PC and see what the display name is. You can change it from there, log back on Messenger on the 360 and it should show your new display name. It's a bit of work but that's the only solution I found so far.

I can't believe it took them this long, 2 months, to bring this out. At least my chatpad has more use then just for Messenger and replying to messages

hecz

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2008, 08:10:00 PM »

Whoa! this far more important than the DRM issue.

Thank You MICROSOFT!!!!!!!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

88 Ecko Unltd 88

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2008, 10:14:00 PM »

This is like totally BIG NEWS from Microsoft totally amazing  

NOT!!  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

mercury187

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2008, 11:09:00 AM »

QUOTE(Paperstack.1 @ Feb 14 2008, 06:52 PM) *

Use Windows Messenger/Windows Live Messenger on your PC and see what the display name is. You can change it from there, log back on Messenger on the 360 and it should show your new display name. It's a bit of work but that's the only solution I found so far.

I can't believe it took them this long, 2 months, to bring this out. At least my chatpad has more use then just for Messenger and replying to messages

I have display name on messenger on pc set to my real name and it says joe every time i log in on 360. No matter what i set on pc side it doesnt affect 360.

bucko

• Recovered User
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2008, 11:51:00 AM »

QUOTE(88 Ecko Unltd 88 @ Feb 15 2008, 05:14 AM) *

This is like totally BIG NEWS from Microsoft totally amazing  

NOT!!  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

Would you rather have had them fix the Xmas Live issues or work on adding features to Xbox.com?

For me I think Live is pretty stable now, they had to roll a few things back so I think there starting to put them back in place now and I guess that means more features on Xbox.com, it's nice to changes things and stuff if I'm not at home.

I'm just looking forward to the spring update now hehehe.

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2008, 02:53:00 PM »

QUOTE(ArkitekT @ Feb 14 2008, 07:18 PM) *

ah-maze-ing!
What an idea.
smell the sarcasm.

agreed.

not really big news at all, i would have expected the web interface to be much easier to manage and thus this great new ability to have arrived much sooner, but oh well...

i do really enjoy using xbox.com to mange my account and learn more about what my friends are doing on live as well as send messages than from the 360 dash.

SeriousRU

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2008, 06:58:00 AM »

Does it mean I can change country I checked at Live-registration menu?