xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Help With Ports!  (Read 58 times)

ksnellenbarger

• Archived User
Help With Ports!
« on: February 02, 2020, 08:41:00 PM »

Ok so here is the deal..... I sent my IT person at my college an e-mail asking if she could do something for me so that i could get on xbox live or xbconnect i wasnt sure if they knew about xbc so i left it at xbox live but she sent me an e-mail back and this is what it said:

To allow Xbox Live usage, ports on the firewall will need to be opened. But opening ports has the potential to allow malicious activity, viruses, hackers, spyware, etc.
With that being said, we are totally willing to open ports for gaming activities that are related to academic coursework and that are safe. For requests such as yours regarding Xbox Live that is not related to your academic coursework, we are not opposed to opening those ports but we have to be sure that they are not a threat to our network. However, our staff is stretched extremely thin and researching gaming ports is not a high priority for us. It will be up to you to do the research necessary to determine what ports are required for your gaming to work, and do***entation regarding the safety of those ports. Please collect this information and email it to me. When I receive this information, I will do further research in this regard but again, this is not a high priority in the overall work that IT Services is doing and I cannot guarantee a timeframe for completion.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me.

so if someone could please help find game ports and doc regarding the safety of these ports, i would greatly appreciate it

thank you