xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Microsoft Announces First-Ever Xbox LIVE Arcade Awards  (Read 98 times)

Xbox-Scene

• Archived User
Microsoft Announces First-Ever Xbox LIVE Arcade Awards
« on: January 21, 2008, 12:41:00 PM »

Posted by XanTium | January 21 14:05 EST | News Category: Xbox360

From the press release:

As a way to recognize the teams of talented developers who have together created over 112 games for Xbox LIVE Arcade, Microsoft will announce awards for the top XBLA games of 2007 later this year, with several award categories decided by the community. Fans of Xbox LIVE Arcade are invited to cast their votes for the first-ever Xbox LIVE Arcade Awards - 2007 by voting at http://www.xbox.com/xblaawards. Voting begins Tuesday, January 22 at 2:00 a.m. PST (10:00 GMT) and runs through Wednesday, January 30 at 11:59 p.m. PST (07:59 GMT).

The finalists in each award category were selected by a panel of consumer and video game industry journalists, and the winners will be determined by popular vote. Microsoft will announce the winners of the inaugural Xbox LIVE Arcade Awards - 2007 at the Game Developer Conference in February.

Below is the list of award categories that will be open for public voting:
    * Best Overall Arcade Game
    * Best Classic Game
    * Best Original Game
    * Best Family Friendly Game
    * Best Competitive Multiplayer Game
    * Best Cooperative Multiplayer Game

Other award categories include the following:
    * Best selling game
    * Most played game
    * Highest rated game
    * Staff choice

"Undertow" Free of Charge Download on XBLA this Week
This Xbox LIVE Arcade Wednesday, Xbox LIVE members around the world will be able to download the award-winning "Undertow" free of charge for a limited time. Beginning at 2:00 a.m. PST (10:00 GMT) Wednesday, January 23 and continuing through 11:59 p.m. PST on Sunday, January 27 (07:59 GMT on Monday, January 28), "Undertow" will be available free of charge on Xbox LIVE Arcade.

Developed by Chair Entertainment Group, Undertow redefines aquatic based shooters through a mix of high-definition graphics, intuitive controls and multiple modes of game play action. The game features a full story driven-single player campaign, on and offline co-op, and multiplayer for 2-16 players over Xbox LIVE for Gold subscribers. Players battle for control of the oceans as one of three selectable races, each with four unique, upgradeable units. "Undertow" is available worldwide (normally 800 Microsoft Points) and is rated E10+.

In support of the giveaway, Chair Entertainment Group is offering gamers the opportunity to play alongside the Undertow development team on Thursday, January 24 at 7:00 p.m. PST (03:00 GMT on Friday, January 25).  The team will host player matches, provide game play tips and the opportunity for gamers to pick-up Undertow achievements.

MysticalMagnet

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 01:51:00 PM »

this is kinda cool though i dont think many people will care....as for downloading the game for down time what about the people like me that my 360 just died and wont be able to download the game during the period that they assigned

R-Dawggy Dawg

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2008, 01:54:00 PM »

QUOTE(MysticalMagnet @ Jan 21 2008, 03:51 PM) View Post

this is kinda cool though i dont think many people will care....as for downloading the game for down time what about the people like me that my 360 just died and wont be able to download the game during the period that they assigned

We're gonna see a whole nuther lawsuit come of this.... LOL laugh.gif