xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Free XBLA Title for Downtime: Undertow  (Read 1017 times)

Devedander

• Archived User
Free XBLA Title for Downtime: Undertow
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2008, 05:45:00 PM »

QUOTE(kneehighspy @ Jan 18 2008, 03:28 PM) *

this is kind of pointless.  so for those of that already purchased this title when it was first released, a month or so ago, we really get no form of compensation for the live downtime so we are just sol?

why not allow users to download a game of their choice, ie: not one we already have paid for.  i guess we are supposed to just wait before purchasing stuff from live cause there may be a chance we will get it for free in the future.

this is really a piss poor idea from microsoft.  here i always defend them and have defended them on the live issues, yet i get no compensation for my downtime from live.

the easiest thing for microsoft to have done is just adjusted all live accounts to expire or renew a month later than they are set to, give users a free month of service instead of offering us a free download of a game i already paid 800 ms points for...

According to a quote of Major Nelsons blog earlier in this post MS will "take care of you" if you call in and explain you already bought the game... what exactly that means I have no idea...

QUOTE(swishaha @ Jan 18 2008, 02:52 PM) *

i can't think of any other way to say hey MS your business practices are wrong, and if they are unwilling to compensate us for our losses, we will not purchase their services.  and lets not talk about their hardware.

There are indeed other ways...

We could start sending around petitions, we could start a grass roots movement, we could start rallying in support of PS3... there are lots of options... and they all involve a lot of work on our part (which doesn't really make sense that we have to do work to make MS do their job right when we already pay them to) and in truth, pretty much suck...

The only option that speaks loud and clear and requires as little work on our end as necessary is... yup you got it... lawsuit...

But then we got plenty of people who don't feel that route is proper either so I dunno really what we are supposed to do...

In all honesty your $100 won't amount to a drop in the bucket, and while we could all pull our subscriptions and that would make a difference, the result is we have to suffer more in order for MS to learn their lesson... I don't know about you but a solution that results in punishing myself to punish someone else doesn't really sound appealing.

This post has been edited by Devedander: Jan 19 2008, 01:46 AM

fiya

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2008, 05:48:00 PM »

CAN"T YOU GUYS READ!!? if you own the game, call support and they will work something out for you!

Like a bunch of headless chickens, just running around in state of ignorance and confusion!

Allowing ppl to choose their own game would cause way too much issues on the business side of things. These games aren't made by MS so they have to negotiate with them to get the game free. Allowing any game to be free will prove way too difficult.

you would think that a few days without xbox live was the end of the world...lol

ZprivateZ

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2008, 06:11:00 PM »

Microsap kills me all the money they have and they couldnt let us pick a game, they gotta be as lame and cheap as they can i see as usual. Their thinking is why let you pick a decent game when they can give you a crapy one and know that people will still have to pay for anything decent. typical from them they have no value for thier customers at all, would have been better and made more sense to just replace the time lost on xbox live but that would have been to easy for them to do but that goes against thier policy of giving the customer what they want. So they give us a crap game cos if they gave us one we all wanted they couldnt sell it no more which cost them money and microsap wont let anything like that happen.

HotKnife420

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2008, 05:42:00 PM »

QUOTE(fiya @ Jan 19 2008, 01:48 AM) View Post

CAN"T YOU GUYS READ!!? if you own the game, call support and they will work something out for you!

Like a bunch of headless chickens, just running around in state of ignorance and confusion!

Allowing ppl to choose their own game would cause way too much issues on the business side of things. These games aren't made by MS so they have to negotiate with them to get the game free. Allowing any game to be free will prove way too difficult.

you would think that a few days without xbox live was the end of the world...lol

LOL. It's funny because all the "few days without xbox live was the end of the world" posts in another thread had me asking the same question!

I'm waiting for Grim to come warn Billy to "Beware The Under Toad" tongue.gif

Bubbalynch

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2008, 06:24:00 PM »

If they were going to compensate ppl, then it should appeal to EVERYONE.

Meaning they should give back the loss time free of charge. But they choose not to do that - go figure.

So they choose the next option. A free Arcade game. That is almost a good deal.

Problem is that the ONLY way this option will compensate EVERYONE is if you allow them to pick the game. Again, they choose not to do that either - go figure... yet again.

Theres is absolutely NOTHING that they can say which will make it sound like they have a valid point or reason for NOT being fair to EVERYONE in this case.

I would love to hear them defend themselves on this one, but I seriously doubt we will hear any more on the matter. This really is unfair of MS if ya ask me.

HeyMercedes

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2008, 06:34:00 PM »

Wow, played the demo and this game is fucking terrible
Microshaft indeed

Devedander

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2008, 06:01:00 PM »

QUOTE(fiya @ Jan 18 2008, 04:48 PM) View Post

Yeah I have noticed that on some other subjects also  rolleyes.gif

Allowing ppl to choose their own game would cause way too much issues on the business side of things.

I would think just handing out some MS points would have simplified it on the front end but I would be willing to be MS bargained the price of this game down SUPER low by buying up volume and they couldn't have pulled that off with all games (ie We will buy 8 million copies of this game at $.20 a piece... vs will give away 8 million copies of other games at the price we normally pay for them without the bargaining power of volume).

elocin671

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2008, 06:40:00 PM »

F***. grr.gif

t_mac_ca

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2008, 07:08:00 PM »

QUOTE(K0JIR0 @ Jan 18 2008, 03:46 PM) *

I played that game one time before I deleted it. Where do we sign up for that lawsuit?
EDIT: comment made by major nelson on his website -

"If you have already purchased the game, you can contact support and they will take care of you."

So buy the game now and when it becomes free on Wednesday get your points refunded and buy a game u actually like (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Itcouldbeyou

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2008, 07:11:00 PM »

QUOTE(t_mac_ca @ Jan 19 2008, 04:08 AM) View Post

So buy the game now and when it becomes free on Wednesday get your points refunded and buy a game u actually like biggrin.gif

You still will end up with this game and a second for the price of one game. So you can say you got a free game you can choose for the price of buying Undetow...

Zod5000

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2008, 07:52:00 PM »

I'm surprised they didn't just add 2 weeks to all the gold account subscriptions.  I don't know much about the game yet, but if the service doesn't work for a week or so, shouldn't they at least tack it back on to the end of your service?  My newspaper does that if the paperboy messes up.

ThaCrip

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2008, 08:07:00 PM »

finally news about the "free xbox live arcade game" that we was supposed to get a few weeks back.

to bad you cant choose which game you want sad.gif

bottom line = i could care less about this crap now as the only game i really want on xbox live arcade is UMK3 (Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3)

o well...

Tony42077

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2008, 10:04:00 PM »

This game is the crappiest piece of crap in craptown.

It does 'redefine' crap though...

SupaDawg

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2008, 10:20:00 PM »

Microsoft better hope that there is enough mass public appeal for undertow to offset the bad PR caused by the downtime.

I understand that, in reality, they owe us nothing. Our TOS clearly states that they won't be held liable (thus why the lawsuit will be cleanly thrown out), but from a PR standpoint they have to do something... I hesitate to think that this is quite enough... I suppose time will tell.

vicious6969

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2008, 01:56:00 AM »

Great, what happens if I don't get my 360 back from M$ during that period. My 360 just died RROD (again). Talk about being shafted twice.

"Just ring up MS support"  yeah, not as easy as it sounds as they're all thick there and will take ages to get sorted if at all.... To$$sers.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5