xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Free XBLA Title for Downtime: Undertow  (Read 1016 times)

Xbox-Scene

• Archived User
Free XBLA Title for Downtime: Undertow
« on: January 18, 2008, 11:32:00 AM »

Posted by XanTium | January 18 12:56 EST | News Category: Xbox360

From gamerscoreblog.com (FYI: MS owned blog):

Recently, Xbox.com posted a letter from Marc Whitten, General Manager of Xbox LIVE, thanking subscribers for their patience with the service. We've implemented several improvements to the service, to help ensure ongoing reliability and performance.  As the popularity of Xbox LIVE expands, we'll continue to closely monitor the service and make adjustments.  As always, if you are having any problems, please contact your local support (1-800-4-MYXBOX in North America) so that we can assist you.

Marc announced that all Xbox LIVE members (Gold and Silver) around the world would have access to a full Xbox LIVE Arcade game to download free of charge. We're pleased to announce that beginning next Wednesday, 2:00 a.m. PST through Sunday, 11:59 p.m. PST, Xbox LIVE members worldwide can download the full version of the recent award-winning Xbox LIVE Arcade game, Undertow.

Developed by Chair Entertainment Group, Undertow is one of the highest-rated and best looking games available on Arcade.  Undertow redefines aquatic based shooters through a mix of high-definition graphics, intuitive controls and multiple modes of game play action. The game features a full story driven-single player campaign, on and offline co-op, and multiplayer for 2-16 players over Xbox LIVE for Gold subscribers. Players battle for control of the oceans as one of three selectable races, each with four unique, upgradeable units. "Undertow" is available worldwide (normally 800 Microsoft Points) and is rated E10+.

JCDenton@AS

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2008, 12:11:00 PM »

Shit i just got this game!!!! AND ITS CRAP!!!!!!!!!!  sad.gif  grr.gif

Devedander

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2008, 12:14:00 PM »

QUOTE(JCDenton@AS @ Jan 18 2008, 11:11 AM) *

Shit i just got this game!!!! AND ITS CRAP!!!!!!!!!!  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grr.gif)

Really?  I heard good things... I played the demo and wasn't really impressed, but it seems like the kind of game you like more after time...

It seems like a rock paper scissor sort of system of balancing attack vs defense that's worked before in games... I can see how it could still suck in the long term though...

I really wish they had just said "here's 12000mpoints, get what you want"...

I love this part

Undertow redefines aquatic based shooters through a mix of high-definition graphics, intuitive controls and multiple modes of game play action.

Because the realm of aquatic based shooters was so well established it takes a lot to redefine it! LOL

This post has been edited by Devedander: Jan 18 2008, 08:16 PM

MetalHead06

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2008, 12:16:00 PM »

Wow, I thought we'll be getting some crappy $5 retro game no one cares about, this is actually a game I was thinking about getting. Good deal.

Kraptreon

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2008, 12:20:00 PM »

Hmmm, wonder what will happen when everyone tries to download an arcade game at once.

twistedsymphony

• Recovered User
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2008, 11:52:00 AM »

QUOTE(Kraptreon @ Jan 18 2008, 02:20 PM) View Post

Hmmm, wonder what will happen when everyone tries to download an arcade game at once.

laugh.gif my thoughts exactly...  

/Cue XBL crashing again/  muhaha.gif

eduardor2k

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2008, 11:56:00 AM »

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ Jan 18 2008, 08:28 PM) View Post

laugh.gif my thoughts exactly...  

/Cue XBL crashing again/  muhaha.gif

...so you should be getting 2 free games or more, nice deal! XBL should crash more often, because everybody wins.

ThUgLoVe

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2008, 12:35:00 PM »

just DL the demo now,and when the Full game becomes free upgrade it.it shouldn't cause any wait since the upgrade is what 32kb?

BTW why not give us a choice of what game we want?i for one dislike that game.

cloudyimpulse

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2008, 12:42:00 PM »

Yeah that kind of bums me out.  I've played the demo, and even though it's the number one shooter I guess, I didn't enjoy it enough to want to buy it.  It's just not my cup of tea.  I'd rather just have the points to go buy whatever I want.  But I'm sure that was thought of, and they probably don't want us saving our points to buy something like Street Fighter 2 HD or Bionic Commando Remix when they come out.

This post has been edited by cloudyimpulse: Jan 18 2008, 08:44 PM

K0JIR0

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2008, 12:46:00 PM »

I played that game one time before I deleted it. Where do we sign up for that lawsuit?

EDIT: comment made by major nelson on his website -

"If you have already purchased the game, you can contact support and they will take care of you."

This post has been edited by K0JIR0: Jan 18 2008, 08:56 PM

iLLNESS

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2008, 12:48:00 PM »

what about people who own it already? lol

manu_xl

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2008, 01:00:00 PM »

damn it. why not give us a real arcade game like pac-man champioship edition?

just give each one 800ms points

echto

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2008, 01:14:00 PM »

SUCK!

beerchug.gif

xplayer

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2008, 01:15:00 PM »

I'm sure MS struck a deal with Chair entertainment to supplement any loss income for the free game. It would explain why you only get one choice of game.

On another note, this would be one of those times where MS may gear up to collect info for banning, or just ban all together. While that could lead to bad press if they do, I wouldn't put it past them.

This post has been edited by xplayer: Jan 18 2008, 09:17 PM

Nailed

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2008, 01:23:00 PM »

Sounds like the opinions are mixed, but I'm liking this... Undertow is one of very few "action" arcade games I'd considered buying.    smile.gif
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5