xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Rumor: Xbox LIVE Server Problems Cause Achievements To Disappear?  (Read 418 times)

gaming fanboy

• Archived User
Rumor: Xbox LIVE Server Problems Cause Achievements To Disappear?
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2008, 04:00:00 AM »

QUOTE(trey85stang @ Jan 8 2008, 10:08 AM) View Post

I guess if all else fails,  try crying.  It works for hillary.

You are hilarious.

o The Drizzle o

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2008, 09:30:00 AM »

yea i lost alot of my achievements in orange box, like the gnome one for carrying it through episode 2. that was a bitch to get

pinkerton

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2008, 10:01:00 AM »

I enjoy getting achievments, I will always get a 360 version of the game over PS3 because of this.
If they start disapearing and all my hard work dissolves before me, then I might as well get the PS3 version as I actually prefer the PS3 (better build quality and silent in comparison).

bucko

• Recovered User
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2008, 11:01:00 AM »

Sounds like MS are using system restore haha laugh.gif

drec

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2008, 01:02:00 PM »

QUOTE(Badger101 @ Jan 8 2008, 04:24 AM) View Post

I think I might have the same problem, but with gamesaves after recovering my gamertag.
have a look.

http://www.xboxhacke...hp?topic=9216.0

After getting an additional 1100 gamer points (while playing offline) I connect to XBL (during the problem period) and am told my profile has been corrupted and must be recovered.  After recovering, all my gamesaves are intact but those achievements are all gone.  I tried playing a bit of those gamesaves to see what would happen when I unlocked a new achievement.  I find it kind of odd that I can now unlock a new achievement without unlocking the one previous to it (as that task in the game has already been completed on the gamesave.)  Would MS look at my profile and question how I unlocked an achievement that I theoretically shouldn't have been able to achieve without completed the previous achievement, and suspend or wipe my profile for cheating?

g8crapachino

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2008, 01:47:00 PM »

QUOTE(Devedander @ Jan 8 2008, 05:38 PM) View Post

Yup... always gotta be someone to come along and trivialize a problem... guess YOUR times not worth money... but some peoples is wink.gif

Whaah, Whaahh,  my achievement on Guitar Heroe didn't get recorded...whaa.  

If you think I'm trivializing the issue, I am.  We are talking about video games here.  Ten minutes after you turn off the XBOX the achievements mean absolutely nothing.

Trying to compare lost of an achievement in a video game to lost of money only shows how completely absurd and pathetic some people can be.   Finishing College, getting a Job, learning to fly plane, etc...those are achievements that are worth time and money.  A high score achievement in a video game is meaningless and only meant to give you a cheap sense of satisfaction and accomplishment on an otherwise trivial goal.

Azoxy

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2008, 02:35:00 PM »

When someone has a 360 and a PS3, and they then choose the 360 game over the PS3 game for the achievements (even though they would rather play the PS3)... I believe MS has accomplished their goal.

If the game is good then playing it through again should be a non issue, and getting those lost achievements back should be fun and entertaining. If it is bad then does the achievement really hold any merit anyway?

In the end the value of an achievement is only as great as the one the individual who achieved it places on it. Does anyone truly believe that MS cares about the value you placed in accomplishing your achievement? Games are trivial diversions from reality. Achievements are trivial rewards gained in those trivial diversions. In the end it is all trivial... If one believes time playing video games is time making money (though there are a few who do it professionally) then something is askew here. If you truly believe that time is money then playing video games is definitely not something you should be doing. We pay to play games, not make money. We pay for the diversion from reality that comes under that beautiful package. $60 for the game, $300+ for the console, $$ for Live, $$ for accessories, $$ for ISP, etc... We play to make all that worth it. But the actual time spent is not making us any money.

Though in the end I love to see that "achievement unlocked" banner pop up while playing my trivial game and wasting away my money  biggrin.gif

manu_xl

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2008, 02:47:00 PM »

i have faced severe live connection problems during december. however all my achievements are intact at first sight

Tiuk

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2008, 03:00:00 PM »

Awesome, this just keeps getting better and better.

jkhilton

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2008, 04:54:00 PM »

I had an issue with my gamerscore the other day,  on the main screen on the xbox, it showed my score as 8732, but on the profile screen, it showed as 9007. the 9007 score was the correct one.

It did this for about 20 mins, then eventually let me log back in to xbox livew and everything was back to normal again with the correct score.

there's a quick vid here....

video of gamerscore.

It's all ok now.

ejb2227

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2020, 06:25:00 PM »

QUOTE(Devedander @ Jan 8 2008, 12:38 PM) *

Yup... always gotta be someone to come along and trivialize a problem... guess YOUR times not worth money... but some peoples is (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

well, your achievement isnt worth money either. so if your time is worth money id find a better way to spend it.

o The Drizzle o

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2020, 07:59:00 PM »

well my orange box achievements have reappeared

DuBob4432

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2020, 09:25:00 PM »

guess ms should run the live servers on linux boxes....

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2008, 09:19:00 PM »

QUOTE(trey85stang @ Jan 8 2008, 03:08 AM) View Post

I guess if all else fails,  try crying.  It works for hillary.

nice...good call...

QUOTE(bucko @ Jan 8 2008, 12:37 PM) View Post

Sounds like MS are using system restore haha laugh.gif

classic...i've always turned that crap off...

QUOTE(ejb2227 @ Jan 8 2008, 07:25 PM) View Post

well, your achievement isnt worth money either. so if your time is worth money id find a better way to spend it.

ever heard of entertainment...or doing something for pleasure?  why post just to be a jerk?

feflicker

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2020, 01:47:00 PM »

A guy on the 800 line also told me the reason my console was banned was because "looking at your z codes, it looks like you hooked up a nyco intercooler, and that voids the warranty".

We then had a heated debate for about 20 minutes as to what the hell my consoles hardware warranty has to do with me being allowed to access Xbox Live. These (2) things should not be related obviously! He couldn't help even though I told him that I had never even used an "intercooler".

Do I think an intercooler can get you banned on Xbox Live? No. Do I think the support people are uninformed, misinformed, and make radical assumptions and leaps in logic? YES.
Pages: 1 [2] 3