xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: I Swear This Is A Real, Unedited Email.  (Read 93 times)

pancus

• Archived User
I Swear This Is A Real, Unedited Email.
« on: January 08, 2008, 01:09:00 PM »

Hello XXXXX,

Thank you for writing back to Windows Live ID Technical Support. My name is Mary Grace, and I would like to apologize first for not being able to get back to you within 24 hours. I have been assigned to help you with your request for password reset for XXXXX account. I know how important this issue is to you and I am pleased to assist you with this matter.

Since you mentioned that you can no longer access your e-mail service with this account name, XXXXX, we cannot provide additional assistance. I recommend that you create another Windows Live ID, please follow these steps:

http://help.live.com/Help.aspx?market=enUS...eateAccount.htm

Please note that you will be directed to Windows Live ID Help Pane. If you encounter any issues, kindly verify which of the steps did not work for you as we want to make sure the instructions are easy to follow.

We appreciate your continued support as we strive to provide you with the highest quality service available. Thank you for using Windows Live ID.

Sincerely,

Mary Grace C.

Windows Live ID Technical Support

--- Original Message ---
Sent : Monday, January 07, 2008 11:15:00 AM UTC
To : "[email protected]"
Subject : RE: XXXXX - Windows Live ID:Sign in and password:I want to change my passw

I'm going to ask the same exact question, but in a different way, try to understand what I'm asking. If you think that you have already be answered, then you cannot grasp simple concepts and need to pass this email on to someone who can.

going to this url : https://account.live.com/ResetPassword.aspx

gives me this response : This option is temporarily unavailable because incorrect information was entered too many times. Please try another reset option or try again later.

I HAVE THE PROPER INFO NOW! However it has been saying the above response for a long time. Please reset it.

now to word this a few more ways:
I DO NOT NEED/WANT A NEW ACCOUNT.
I HAVE THE INFO, BUT IT WILL NOT NET ME ENTER IT.
I WANT MY OLD ACCOUNT.
I DO NOT WANT YOU TO UNLOCK ANYTHING, GIVE ME ANY INFO, GIVE ME ANY PASSWORD, NOTHING.
SIMPLY FIX THE ACCOUNT/LIVE/WHATEVER SO IT WILL LET ME PUT IN THE PROPER INFO TO RECOVER IT.
INFO THAT I HAVE, I AM NOT ASKING FOR ANY INFO.
I WANT TO RECOVER IT MYSELF, I AM NOT ASKING FOR ANY ACCESS TO ANYTHING.
I DO NOT WANT ANOTHER ACCOUNT BECAUSE I WANT TO RECOVER A 360 GAMERTAG.
THE XBOX LOST MY GAMERTAG, I NEED TO RECOVER IT, I NEED THIS ACCOUNT, NOT A NEW ONE.
I WILL NOT BE MAKING A NEW ACCOUNT. I WANT THIS ONE. THIS ACCOUNT, THIS ACCOUNT, THIS ACCOUNT IS WHAT I WANT.

IF YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND, SAY YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND. DO NOT SEND ANOTHER FORM RESPONSE TO A QUESTION I DID NOT ASK!

---
Hello XXXXX,
Thank you for writing back to Windows Live ID Technical Support.  I apologize for the previous response I sent. Please disregard. This is Consuelo and I am sorry to hear that you were unable to reset the password of your XXXXX account. I recognize the importance of this issue and I will be assisting you with your concern.
To help you with your concern, please reply to this message using your XXXXX account, and include the following sentence in your response: "This is my e-mail address and I would like to reset the password of my Windows Live ID."  When you reply, please make sure to use the same subject on this e-mail, as it is being used as a filter in our system. We will not receive your e-mail if the subject has been changed or omitted.
However, if you do not have access have e-mail function with your XXXXX account, we cannot provide additional assistance. Please understand that Windows Live ID enforces its policies to help protect the privacy and security of its member accounts. I recommend that you create another Windows Live ID, please follow these steps:

http://help.live.com/Help.aspx?market=enUS...eateAccount.htm
Please note that you will be directed to Windows Live ID Help Pane.  If you encounter any issues, kindly verify which of the steps did not work for you as we want to make sure the instructions are easy to follow.
Once you have successfully registered your account, you should receive a "Welcome" e-mail message from us saying that your e-mail address has been successfully registered as a Windows Live ID.  You should also get an e-mail message asking you to confirm your Windows Live ID.  Once you confirm your Windows Live ID, you will have access to all Windows Live ID-participating sites.

Please be advised that the validation e-mail has the following subject heading: "Confirm your e-mail address for the Windows Live ID", and that it should be found in your e-mail Inbox.  If you cannot find it there, please check your junk mail.  E-mail services offer filters, which may direct messages from some domains to a "Junk Mail" folder.

Once you are able to confirm your account, please update your profile by visiting the site below:

http://help.live.com/Help.aspx?market=en-U...eredProfile.htm
We appreciate your continued support as we strive to provide you with the highest quality service available. Thank you for using Windows Live ID.
Sincerely,  

Consuelo
Windows Live ID Technical Support

--- Original Message ---
Sent : Sunday, January 06, 2008 4:17:41 AM UTC
To : "[email protected]"
Subject : RE: XXXXX - Windows Live ID:Sign in and password:I want to change my passw

***READ*** MY EMAIL! DO NOT REPLY WITH A FORM LETTER! UNDERSTAND WHAT I AM ASKING! HOW MANY TIMES DO I NEED TO SEND THE SAME QUESTION??

Microsoft Customer Support wrote:
>
> Thank you for contacting the Windows Live ID Technical Support! Based on the selected options on our support page, you are reporting that you would like information around changing your password. This automated response will provide the information needed to change your password if you already know your current password.  If this response does not address the issue or question, reply to this message.
>
>  
>
> 1. Sign-in to the Windows Live ID Account site at:  https://account.live.com
> 2. On the page that opens (Account Summary), there will be a section called "Password reset information"
>   > Next to "Password", select Change
> 3. Following the screen instructions and ensure that you click Save when complete.
>       > You can also update your Question and Secret Answer used for resetting your password by selecting Change next to "Question"
>       > Add or update your alternate e-mail address by selecting Change next to "Alternate e-mail address"
>
>  
>
> If you have forgotten your password, then you can reset a forgotten password online by selecting the link under the password box on any log in page that states "Forgot your password?" or by going directly to this link: Forgot your password?, then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the password reset instructions.
>
>  
>
> The information for changing your  password can also be found on our online help: Click Here or go to the following link: http://help.live.com/Help.aspx?&projec...ngePassword.htm
>
>  
>
> If the information in this email does not resolve your questions around changing your password, or if you are writing about a different problem or question, reply to this message.
>
>  
>
> Thank you for contacting the Windows Live ID Technical Support.
>
>  
>
> You can also get online help:
>
>     * Sign In Help
>     * Sign Up (Create an account) Help
>     * Windows Live Hotmail Help
>     * Windows Live Messenger
>     * Windows Live Spaces
>     * Help Central (All Products):  If you don't see the Windows Live Product or Service, then go to the Help Central site and select the product name drop-down at the top left of the page to get a complete list of Windows Live products.
>     * Microsoft Windows, Office, and more!
>
> Find out how easy all-in-one PC care can be with the 90-day free trial of Windows Live OneCare . To get started, paste this link in your browser: http://www.windowsonecare.com/purchase/tri...?sc_cid=SPT_ppt
>
>  
>
> -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>  
>
> From: XXXXX
> Subject: Windows Live ID:Sign in and password:I want to change my passw
> Service:
>   Windows Live ID
>
> What type of problem do you have?
> Sign in and password [Sign in and password]
>
> I want to change my password [I want to change my password]
>
> Full Name:
>    XXXXX
>
> What e-mail address would you like a response sent to?
>    XXXXX
>
> Primary e-mail address/member ID associated with the account you are inquiring about:
>    XXXXX
>
> Be specific when describing your problem. The details that you include enable us to promptly send you the most likely solution to your issue.
>    I have been trying to recover the aformentioned account on https://account.live.com/ResetPassword.aspx for some time now, I have the correct information but it keeps telling me This option is temporarily unavailable because incorrect information was entered too many times. Please try another reset option or try again later.
>
> Please address this so I can enter the information and recover the account.
>
> Frequency of the issue:
>    Who is your ISP?
>    
>
> Have you recently installed any new software (if you enter yes please add more comments in the text box above)?
>    
>
> Which operating system are you using?: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux x86_64; en-US; rv:1.8.1.11) Gecko/20071203 Firefox/2.0.0.11
>
> Which browser are you using: Firefox2.0.0.11
>
> Location: en-us - English (United States)
>
> Type of Support: E-mail Support
>
> Browser Default Language: en-us,en;q=0.5

Discover a magical Christmas destination. Visit asksanta.ca today!

HO HO HO, if you've been naughty this year, email Santa! Visit asksanta.ca to learn more!

bucko

• Recovered User
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2008, 12:44:00 PM »

God now spammers are cashing in on Live downtime..

pancus

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2008, 01:39:00 PM »

QUOTE(bucko @ Jan 8 2008, 04:20 PM) *

God now spammers are cashing in on Live downtime..

What did you read the first 2 lines? You must work for ms tech support...

This is my sons account, I have been trying to get it back for a good month now. The fucking stupidity of these people, with their fake southern accents and north american names which they have trouble pronouncing.  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

bucko

• Recovered User
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2008, 04:14:00 PM »

My apologies I thought you were disguising a referral scam which is not allowed on here (it's at the bottom of your post). I would edit that out if I were you.

throwingks

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2008, 05:56:00 PM »

QUOTE(bucko @ Jan 11 2008, 06:50 PM) View Post
I would edit that out if I were you.
Done. wink.gif