xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Official Response from Microsoft on Xbox LIVE's Problems: Free Arcade  (Read 922 times)

Master Reefed

• Archived User
Official Response from Microsoft on Xbox LIVE's Problems: Free Arcade
« Reply #60 on: January 04, 2008, 01:53:00 PM »

honestly people, this is Micro$oft were talking about (fuck off to the people who hate me for spelling it like that)!

We're lucky they are doing anything, its all for PR, because I'm sure the ToS that YOU AGREED to, cover downtime in the service. so suck it up, take the free game from the man (which will undoubtedly suck!) and have a coke and a smile!

on the other hand, if someone has a good lawyer and plans on filing class action.... count me in!  tongue.gif

tsantsa

• Archived User
« Reply #61 on: January 04, 2008, 06:04:00 PM »

They have to to either let users choose from a list of games or give out a brand new arcade title.  If some of us already own the particular title, then we lose.

amak1131

• Archived User
« Reply #62 on: January 04, 2008, 07:03:00 PM »

keep in mind: they didn't have to offer anything. they could've simply fixed the issue, tell everyone and leave it at that.

Tony42077

• Archived User
« Reply #63 on: January 05, 2008, 12:23:00 PM »

They already told us it was fixed... they were wrong. I think that it will never really be up and running the way that it used to. It will be fixed when the peak usage starts to dip so not as many people will notice.

I will almost guarantee that it will either be one set game, or the choice between 2 set games. Think about it, they said that it was open for Gold and Silver accounts. Anyone can make as many silver accounts as possible for free. What's to stop people from starting a lot of silvers today just so that they can get as many different arcade games as possible (even though each game would be locked to that account).

Bankshot Billiards and (insert lame arcade game here).

manu_xl

• Archived User
« Reply #64 on: January 09, 2008, 03:40:00 PM »

sabbath_dude

• Archived User
« Reply #65 on: January 09, 2008, 07:00:00 PM »

This is a total joke!  grr.gif . It seems to be even worse now than it was during the xmas/new year holiday week. I can't play COD4 or Gears online any more and on the odd occasion I do manage to find or connect to a game it disconnects. This has been going on for weeks now and they still haven't sorted it?!?!?. I don't care about getting some crappy arcade game for free!, I want a couple of months free gold access or a partial refund!. The whole reason I PAY for an online gaming service is to avoid crap like this.

riggles07

• Archived User
« Reply #66 on: January 09, 2008, 08:03:00 PM »

I tried the past couple of days to play both Call of Duty 4 and Halo 3 on live with no luck. Every attempt to start a game ends in game lobby closed or all the players just disappear.  My roommate also tried to play Madden today on his 360 and the exact same problems.  Xbox Live service is definitely not fixed.  I don't want a game I want the service to be reliable and actually work once again.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]