xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Official Response from Microsoft on Xbox LIVE's Problems: Free Arcade  (Read 923 times)

gasclown

• Archived User
Official Response from Microsoft on Xbox LIVE's Problems: Free Arcade
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2008, 05:11:00 AM »

You are paying for a service that you are NOT receiving. An arcade game is not reimbursement for loss of that service. Reimbursement of that lost service is appropriate reimbursement for the loss of that service.

It's that simple.

DeMoN_DARREN

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2008, 05:26:00 AM »

I didn't use Live over those days.... but a game would be nice

Digital_sin

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2008, 05:18:00 AM »

I don't know what you guys are complaining about! You get a free game but you're saying no thank you we want back our 2 weeks of Live Gold?

Two weeks of Live costs less than 2$, Microsoft is giving you a game that's bound to cost atleast 5$! and not just for gold users, for silver users too! I say that's a pretty good deal unless you suck at math or already have downloaded the game that they're gonna offer (sux for you  happy.gif ).

It's not like the service was completly down, some people didn't even notice any issues.

Schmo

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2008, 06:13:00 AM »

QUOTE(HSDEMONZ @ Jan 4 2008, 06:26 AM) *

a free game is fucking bullshit.

I can see people who have been affected by the intermittant problems gathering for a class action lawsuit in both Canada and the US. When one appears.. I'll probably get involved.

Years ago this is what was done to force Some US and Canadian Cable companies to pay for EACH day of intermittent service. Course, subscribers had to call in EACH day and req a refund.. and usually found they had to spend crazy time on the phone to get it.

With their "success" they should just choke on it and give us 1-2 weeks LIVE to make up for lost time.

Yeah, but we all know there really is only one bunch of winners in a class action lawsuit.... the Lawyers.   Many times the consumers only get a small fraction of their losses and the lawyers walk away with a large portion of the payout... which then hurts MS which then is probably passed back to the consumer through price increases (or delayed price decreases on the hardware).

However, for 2 weeks of downtime, they really only owe every gold member less than 2 bucks which will probably equate to .50 in a class action lawsuit payout.  laugh.gif

BTW, long time no talk HSDEMONZ... been a long time since the original xbox days...

Killerchronic

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2008, 06:45:00 AM »

Whether this is a good gesture or not remains to be seen, all comes down to if they give us a choice over which game or not. Personally i feel this is a nice gesture if they give us a choice of any game with a limit of 800ms points, somehow i feel its going to be some really bad game no one would even buy if you paid them.

I was not happy during the downtime, took my profile over to a friends only to find when i came back i could no longer use it, tried to recover it to no avail, playing without my profile was just lame, none of my saves, no achievements saved and no xbl even if bits of it were working :/

vb_encryption_vb

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2008, 07:02:00 AM »

if you think about it this is just another way for them to make money, cause some of us are still rocking the 20 gig hd....20 gigs goes quick when u have music,game saves,map variants and what not saved on that lil ass thing...so now they wanna give a free game out most likley avalable via download....

BoNg420

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2008, 06:39:00 AM »

QUOTE(mlapaglia @ Jan 4 2008, 01:37 AM) View Post

wonder if we get to choose or not.
once week of xbox live = ~.29

do you want a week of xbox live or a ~$5 game?

Where do you get xbox live subs for $15 a year?

mike420dude

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2008, 07:33:00 AM »

I got a 360 about three weeks ago and I am using the 1 month free trial that came with it

I wonder if I will get still get a free game

vicious6969

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2008, 07:26:00 AM »

LOL, what's the betting we all get a free copy of FROGGER 2?!

http://www.oxm.co.uk...cle.php?id=2393

I bet they're writing it especially for us suckers!

elocin671

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2008, 08:26:00 AM »

silver members get it too? do you think its gona be one game per account? or one game per box. i know a friend that has like 10 silver accounts, and thatd be gay if they gave him 10 arcade downloads. i hope we can choose the game. i would still like xbox live time back instead of a game. everyone is saying it equals like $2 or some crap. but thats crap. cause i value my game time more than the $50 i spend on live a year. i rather have 2-3 weeks of live back, then a arcade game that i might not like. i think they should give us our time back regardless. because any other company would like phone, cable, etc...

Fantmx

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2008, 08:44:00 AM »

QUOTE(elocin671 @ Jan 4 2008, 04:26 PM) *

silver members get it too? do you think its gona be one game per account? or one game per box. i know a friend that has like 10 silver accounts, and thatd be gay if they gave him 10 arcade downloads. i hope we can choose the game. i would still like xbox live time back instead of a game. everyone is saying it equals like $2 or some crap. but thats crap. cause i value my game time more than the $50 i spend on live a year. i rather have 2-3 weeks of live back, then a arcade game that i might not like. i think they should give us our time back regardless. because any other company would like phone, cable, etc...
It doesn't matter how much you value your game time.  What matters is what you paid for that game time, and that works out to less than $2.00 US.

JUANVAN

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2008, 08:21:00 AM »

QUOTE(BenJeremy @ Jan 4 2008, 08:02 AM) View Post

The free game will probably be Uno or Bankshot Billiards Deluxe...

I feel you will be CORRECT!

the_nerdy

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2008, 09:03:00 AM »

Oh man, all this over to due with updating the servers and something changing with the account information, or maybe they deleted something by accident.
LOL

This could of been fixed on day one if Microsoft would of told the public what they did.  Instead it took them about 2 weeks to realise people jsut need to reupdate there account information.

They screwed everyone out for a couple weeks, and took them a couple weeks just to figure this out!!!

HAHAHAHAHHA

Now everyone only gets an arcade game.  Doesn't seem to justify the situation if you ask me, but hten again microsoft doesn't have to do anything according to the terms.

That is way to funny!!! You really think something this simple as an accident?

Iriez

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: January 04, 2008, 09:15:00 AM »

what a crock of fucking shit. A arcade game? Fucking cheap asses. Give me a free month for my week of fucked service.

Bubbalynch

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: January 04, 2008, 08:48:00 AM »

I would really like confirmation on if Silver members are going to be entitled to the free game. I'm thinking that won't happen though.

And I can't see them allowing ppl to pick what game it will be either. That would just keep them from alot of money that could have been in their pockets from the hottist titles that everyone will snatch for free. Every XBL member picking their favorite Arcade title for free is an absurd thought, to say the least.

I'm also not even certain that this 'deal' will stay the same. Something tells me that it will be altered or changed completely by the time we hear another comment on the issue from them.

Regardless, they ain't gonna give ppl their 13 days of Live back. I mean thats the OBVIOUS thing to do - and they only offered a free Arcade title. It's not like they didn't think this through. pffft  dry.gif

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5