xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Official Response from Microsoft on Xbox LIVE's Problems: Free Arcade  (Read 920 times)

Landlocked

• Archived User
Official Response from Microsoft on Xbox LIVE's Problems: Free Arcade
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2008, 12:17:00 AM »

They SHOULD add 13+ days to our account as a matter of principle AND give us a free game as a gesture of apology.  mad.gif

Digital_sin

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2008, 12:22:00 AM »

wow, that's really cool!

I wonder which game it's gonna be? I'm guessing geometry wars (cheap and already been out there for a long time)

This post has been edited by Digital_sin: Jan 4 2008, 08:29 AM

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2008, 12:40:00 AM »

now why not just be really cool about it and offer us any game we like. who could argue that? of course, 800 limit (no lumines) but still.

im not arguing with this yet, but it better not be Yaris 2 or something.

maybe by luck or lack of playing last week or so i didn't run into too many issues, just one night i recall not being to connect on either box, but i think i got some fresh air that night so it worked out.

Muzzakus

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2008, 01:16:00 AM »

wait, so xbox live has been fixed and runing pristine as off that announcement?!?

this I gotta see, honey - power up the controller !!!

Knasen

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2008, 01:19:00 AM »

I hope we get to choose from a list of several games, imo there are alot of bad live arcade games and I wouldn't like to get one of those free. Best thing would be to give us a fixed amount of live points then we could decide ourself what game we wanted to buy for them.

Digital_sin

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2008, 01:16:00 AM »

QUOTE(Knasen @ Jan 4 2008, 10:19 AM) View Post

I hope we get to choose from a list of several games, imo there are alot of bad live arcade games and I wouldn't like to get one of those free. Best thing would be to give us a fixed amount of live points then we could decide ourself what game we wanted to buy for them.

or, they could be really sneaky about it and offer us the most purchased (5$ to 8$) game on live, which is a win win situation (good for them because since it's the most purchased game; only the few people left who didn't already buy it will get it for free. and good for us because it has to be a good game since it's the most purchased one)

slimberg

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2008, 02:02:00 AM »

but i want it NOWWW!!!

NoFace

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2008, 02:04:00 AM »

I say they should give us all a certain amount of live points (maybe $5 worth or something). They win because there are a lot of people who won't even use them (either because they don't know they have them, never want to use them, or never get on live), and we win because we get to choose which game we would like and there will be less complaining.

dmitri

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2008, 01:31:00 AM »

Hoping it's Prius Challenge 2...  love.gif

SNAAAKE

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2008, 01:50:00 AM »

ok seems fair. I will take metal slug 3 plz  sleep.gif

Bubbalynch

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2008, 02:49:00 AM »

QUOTE(Landlocked @ Jan 4 2008, 08:17 AM) *

They SHOULD add 13+ days to our account as a matter of principle AND give us a free game as a gesture of apology.  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)

Agreed. Your paying for the service. The service was unavailable. The time lost should be reimbursed to every Gold members account. Period.

That is the only fair and logical thing I personally see fit to do here. Even from a business point of view. And in my opinion, giving members a free arcade game for as a "gesture of apology" is more of an insult to them than not giving them anything at all.

Just seems like they are just expecting customers to pick up and eat whatever crumbs they throw at their feet. If the service was free, I wouldn't have much to bitch about, but it isn't free. And this sucks.

This post has been edited by Bubbalynch: Jan 4 2008, 10:50 AM

vicious6969

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2008, 03:14:00 AM »

I'll reserve judgment until I see what game it actually is.

If it's a game I want to play then it'll be ok, if it's a game I don't want to play then it will be a rip off. You can't please everyone so therefore the smart move would be to give either a choice or the equivalent in M$ points.

The day before Christmas Eve, I was playing WSO Poker 2008 online and had been playing the same game for nearly 2 hours in a ranked tournament against some good players, we got to the final table and it was narrowed down to 4 of us. Just as it was getting hairy, xbox live booted me off and wouldn't let me log back in giving a Z status code of 00000 it was like that for several hours then in the morning it was fine.

To say I was p***** off is an understatement.  It put me off going on live and I never went on again over the whole Christmas and New Year holidays.

I feel ripped off after paying £40 gbp for a year of this 'service'.  If they only give you a rubbish arcade game that I don't wanna play I'll seriously consider quitting.

M$ won't care too much tho as they have a few million other people also paying £40 per year.

B******** !

Steve-0

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2008, 03:31:00 AM »

arcade game sounds good but i have got most of the good ones the rest aint worth paying for now if it was metal slug that would be nice but if not then???????? i can see them just offering 1 game because most people have downloaded tons of arcade games anyway. that wouldnt look too good "here is your arcade game sir, what you already have it, well now you have 2 incase one breaks" hope we get a choice!

This post has been edited by Steve-0: Jan 4 2008, 11:35 AM

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2008, 04:26:00 AM »

a free game is fucking bullshit.

I can see people who have been affected by the intermittant problems gathering for a class action lawsuit in both Canada and the US. When one appears.. I'll probably get involved.

Years ago this is what was done to force Some US and Canadian Cable companies to pay for EACH day of intermittent service. Course, subscribers had to call in EACH day and req a refund.. and usually found they had to spend crazy time on the phone to get it.

With their "success" they should just choke on it and give us 1-2 weeks LIVE to make up for lost time.

ThaCrip

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2008, 04:03:00 AM »

wait a sec... are they saying they are going to give EVERYONE (even silver members) a FREE xbox live arcade game of THERE choice? smile.gif ... cause if thats true, thats great... cause im going to get UMK3 (Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3) ... as this is pretty much the only game i really want on xbox live arcade even though i already have this on a MAME emulator for the PC.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5