xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Access To Dlc If My 360 Gets Banned?  (Read 104 times)

my06gtp

• Archived User
Access To Dlc If My 360 Gets Banned?
« on: January 03, 2008, 01:42:00 PM »

IIRC, downloaded content is system specific.  I am not 100% sure though.  I do have an experience of downloading a Guitar Hero 2 song pack on a friends console using MY HD and MY GAMERTAG, and when I hooked my HD back to my system, the downloads did not show up in Guitar Hero.  I am sure they are still on my HD, I just can't "access" them without the console they were downloaded on.  Like I said, I may be incorrect, but I do believe downloads are console specific.

Psyclone

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2008, 01:51:00 PM »

You'll have to be connected to xbl to access content downloaded on another system.

0db

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2008, 03:06:00 PM »

OK, well at least I know.   Sounds like I'll be buying this for PS3 instead.

Havok

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2008, 04:38:00 PM »

Buy the content on your system and then it will work forever OFFLINE...

Justy make sure you do not have a disc in the system when you connect to Live and there is no way for them to ban you.

malenfant21

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2008, 09:56:00 AM »

QUOTE(Calley @ Jan 9 2008, 10:30 PM) View Post

JUst to be clear....if I recover my profile to another box and attempt to download some Rock Band DLC or an Arcade Game to a Memory card while on that Machine....then bring that Memory Card back to my Machine that is Banned from XBL and attempt to transfer that DLC and Arcade game to my Box.....are you saying unequivocally that that process will not be successful?

I can confirm this.

I have a banned modded X360 (*sniff*)
I don't play on live.  Mostly I play Rock Band.
Since I can't get into the Marketplace, I can't download content to my HDD.

What I've done is this:
- used a different unmodded, never-banned X360.  
- attached my HDD to it and powered it up.
- logged into Live and accessed the Marketplace.
- downloaded some Rock Band content.
- powered down the console
- reconnected the HDD to the banned console (mine)
- powered up that console and launched Rock Band.

After all that, Rock Band launches normally and shows that it's updating with additional content BUT those songs do not show anywhere in Rock Band.
I went back to the desktop and checked the memory (under system).  Rock Band shows that the content is there.  It's exactly as described - the content is registered against the unmodded X360 even if it's on my HDD.

I've tried a few tricks to get them to register against my X360 but it seems that I need to hop onto Live to confirm a few things.
So far, I've
- moved content to a memory module and moved it back - no difference.
- attached the HDD to the unmodded X360 and moved content to a mem module. swapped the HDD back to the banned X360 and moved it back - no difference.

My plan is to move everything to a USB flashdrive and then copy my profile (and later move my profile) to the flashdrive too. I'll then move everything back to the HDD, followed by my profile. Will let you know if this works.

What a mess - I never should have connected to Live automatically!