xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: Xbox LIVE Still Experiencing Issues *Update4: Broken again*  (Read 1731 times)

Beauregardy

• Archived User
Xbox LIVE Still Experiencing Issues *Update4: Broken again*
« Reply #105 on: December 31, 2007, 08:29:00 AM »

what it is, is this is right around x-mas, the time of year a lot of kids/adults take off (24th, 25th off, 4 days of vacation, 30th, 1st, 2nd off for lots of vacation) and this is when they are going to be playing games. its not that anyone doesn't have a life, this is just when they get the chance not to have a life and have fun. and for microsoft to let this happen to them, and not do anything, really says something

ric27

• Archived User
« Reply #106 on: December 31, 2007, 09:29:00 AM »

QUOTE(stevey5036 @ Dec 31 2007, 01:39 AM) View Post

No one is immune to this kind of problem.

ItÂ’s definitely going to need a lot of very challenging work. Sometimes you have to challenge and motivate people to get off their lazy asses.

I think what has happened was a wake up call to MS....Maybe, this is going to be something that will help them to achieve only good things in the future and make Xbox Live 5 times better

HaredX

• Archived User
« Reply #107 on: December 31, 2007, 09:54:00 AM »

QUOTE(xlx Methos xlx @ Dec 31 2007, 01:37 AM) View Post

In a perfect world, everything would work, and nothing would ever have problems.  Hell, Comcast is a huge company too, and have alot of people working for them too, and I pay for my comcast bill too, but sometimes (rarely) I will lose my internet connection.  This is the first real large scale problem that I have seen Live have in the 3 years I have played on it.

My Comcast service was down for 2 days and they credited me one month worth of service. Microsoft, like the assholes they are, put in their TOS that they wouldn't have to compensate for any downtime so they could fuck us over if they fucked up. That is horrible customer service.

stuartwstu

• Archived User
« Reply #108 on: December 31, 2007, 10:05:00 AM »

apparantly,a friend of mine on xbox live has told me that ms are installing new servers in there system so there are servers down,and thats why at 4-5-6 o clock uk time xbox live goes crazy,when our american gamers log on,and the network cant handle it,oh and the new servers there putting in are ones to detect modded 360,s online,thats prob why ms arnt saying anything about it,how true is this i dont know,but it could be,but i thought id say something to try shed some light,and dont flame  me cos ive only posted a couple of times,cheers

axess68

• Archived User
« Reply #109 on: December 31, 2007, 10:14:00 AM »

Never underestimate the power of FanBoyism.

Live is down, most likely, as it has been said, because their servers are overloaded. Just about EVERY game these days HAS TO have a Multiplayer mode otherwise the whining ensues.

The ONLY problem I have with PSN is slow downloads. That's about it. I never really have to worry about it being down and there are a LOT of people playing on it. I never have any issues finding people to play games with on either Xbox Live or PSN. So, don't go trashing one for the other. That's just ridiculous fanboy crap.

HotKnife420

• Archived User
« Reply #110 on: December 31, 2007, 12:27:00 PM »

QUOTE(MercilessGunner @ Dec 31 2007, 08:29 PM) View Post

Free
Ok. Maybe it is free, but if you seriously can't afford $4 a month you need to learn how to budget money.
Easy matchmaking
The matchmaking feature of XBOX Live is far better in every aspect.
Plenty of good downloads for demos and addons
Ummm... Last time I checked, XBOX Live has more demos and game addons than the PSN!
Can connect to PSP games and MP thru them.
How many people own a PSP again? lol
Friends can be ported to PSP
See last statement...
One thing you forgot to bring up:

Playstaion Network
If you use it, you will have a root kit installed onto your PS3 and all other local network devices by Sony!

Are you illeterate, or just a hater? Because to retort about him listing "easy matchmaking" as a pro for PSN, and for XBL he lists it as "excellent matchmaking".

Furthermore, asking "who uses the PSP" is like asking "how many people bought an iphone". The PSP is still selling VERY well, and to incorporate interactivity with the PS3 and PSN, makes it even more appealing.

stevey5036

• Archived User
« Reply #111 on: December 31, 2007, 04:43:00 PM »

QUOTE(Chancer @ Dec 31 2007, 10:49 AM) View Post

Strange I don't seem to have any problem finding opponents within  a couple of seconds.

The fact of the matter is not whether you can get an opponent within seconds, its that the PS network is not down due to the fact that only a handful of people are on it.

Tony42077

• Archived User
« Reply #112 on: December 31, 2007, 05:02:00 PM »

Yeah, I called them a couple times to bitch and moan about this ridiculous lack of service too. Both times, one of their reps said that they were doing 'server updates'. I told them that this was probably the worst time of the year for something like that. The rep agreed, end of conversation. No compensation. They had better fix it pretty quick before they have another PR fiasco like RRoD. I'm waiting......

viewwin

• Archived User
« Reply #113 on: December 31, 2007, 06:21:00 PM »

I haven't had too many problems till today.  Now when I turn my console on, it just gives me the busy screen as it tries to sign in.  I beta tested Live back in '02 and kept it ever since.  I have never seen problems like this before.

InvidiousDemise

• Archived User
« Reply #114 on: December 31, 2007, 09:29:00 PM »

Yeah. I'm with him^. Ps3 sux but psp is pretty cool.

I really wish XBL would work properly...

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #115 on: January 01, 2008, 05:49:00 AM »

If you use it, you will have a root kit installed onto your PS3 and all other local network devices by Sony!

What a load of old crap.
Plenty of good downloads for demos and addons
Ummm... Last time I checked, XBOX Live has more demos and game addons than the PSN!

the guy never said it had more. Simply read his statement.
"Plenty of good downloads" and it has.
I concur with hotknife another hater with incorrect knowledge of the subject you are bashing.
Perhaps instead of discussing the PSN we should discuss the fact that XBL is in trouble over a period when some users get their only holiday of the year.
From my point of view I don't really care about it being down as much as the lack of definitive statement from MS. Just like the old hide behind the hardware fault issue.
Works here sort of until about 5.30pm (GMT) then away it goes again.

the PS network is not down due to the fact that only a handful of people are on it.

Lack of knowledge or just an untruth?

Harteex

• Archived User
« Reply #116 on: January 01, 2008, 10:45:00 AM »

QUOTE(looneeii @ Dec 31 2007, 04:32 PM) View Post

Cons:  
  • Each profile on teh 360 requires and online Live account to play together vs others on MP

Just sign in the other people as guests and you can play.

stevey5036

• Archived User
« Reply #117 on: January 01, 2008, 07:20:00 PM »

QUOTE(Chancer @ Jan 1 2008, 09:25 AM) View Post

Lack of knowledge or just an untruth?

I really don't know what point you are trying to make.. are you trying to say that the PS network is just better or what? Ignorant?

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #118 on: January 03, 2008, 07:20:00 AM »

QUOTE(stevey5036 @ Jan 2 2008, 02:56 AM) View Post

I really don't know what point you are trying to make.. are you trying to say that the PS network is just better or what? Ignorant?

Quite easy.
You said the PSN only has "A handful of members"
 You either don't know how many are using it or it just suits your argument to lie about it, in order to bash the PSN
Your statement is incorrect.

sq24

• Archived User
« Reply #119 on: January 03, 2008, 11:28:00 AM »

Does it bother me that xbl is having problem. I would be a fool to say I am not upset. I have been a member since xbox live been out. I wish instead of on and off again service. They would come out and say live will be down for sometime a day or two to fix some issue. Either waty I amj upset that I have to pay 50 bucks a year and the service has run across some issue but other than that I wish people would just be happy they are doing something even it seems to be at snail pace. I will say that in the 5 years I been a memeber of xbl this is really the only time I can think of they have had this big of an issue
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9