xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Cannot Recover Gamertag  (Read 104 times)

MancboyWilmore

• Archived User
Cannot Recover Gamertag
« on: December 28, 2007, 04:49:00 PM »

Been trying for 12 hours now to recover my Gamertag and the error i get is
Xbox LIVE Signup is currently unavailable.
This is really starting to annoy me. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)

Does anyone know why this is happening?

Zekkxy

• Archived User
Cannot Recover Gamertag
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2007, 07:16:00 PM »

Yeah, I've been having the same problem for the better part of two days and I'm really getting fed up. I've tried about every fix I've come across with the exception reformatting my HD. No luck.

The most I've achieved was to get about half of my profile downloaded before I get the "Xbox LIVE Singup is Currently Unavailable" error message.

I just called a buddy to see if I could try and recover it on his 360 and then migrate is VIA a memory card and he tells me I'm signed on in his friends list. What the hell is that all about? I feel like this white box is mocking me... tauting me... my precious game time wasted reading FAQs and Microsoft Support pages (which have been absolutly no help) while my tag is floating around in some XBL Limbo, showing up on everyones machine but my own.  sad.gif

Ranger72

• Archived User
Cannot Recover Gamertag
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2007, 08:09:00 PM »

I got the same problem. I just formated my hard drive and now I am trying to recover gamer tag and I get the same error.

Has anyone called Microsoft about this issue yet?

I will try some more and if I cant get anywhere I will call them and see what is up.

bobbyturbo

• Archived User
Cannot Recover Gamertag
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2007, 08:24:00 PM »

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif) got the same problem here. only gets as far as downloading profile then says service unavailable.  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grr.gif)

Ranger72

• Archived User
Cannot Recover Gamertag
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2007, 08:28:00 PM »

Seems like we are not the only ones having this problem.

http://forums.xbox.c...1/ShowPost.aspx

fereydoon

• Archived User
Cannot Recover Gamertag
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2007, 09:38:00 AM »

hi guys

I had this problem too but finally yesterday and I was so confused about this problem but at 1:30 GMT I recovered my gamertag & I think you must try to sighn up in a low traffic time .

and you know that there is some problem in finding matches in any kind live games and you have lag in playing.

wait till microsoft solve this problem