xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Already Searched: Quick Nat Question  (Read 106 times)

zcar56

• Archived User
Already Searched: Quick Nat Question
« on: December 19, 2007, 11:06:00 PM »

Hey guys I just got xbox wireless adapter and it connects fine and everything.  I can get connected to xbox live perfectly fine but after about 15-20 minutes of playing it disconnects me no matter what game (halo, madden, cod4), and I don't get any error messages. Is this because my router's NAT is strict?  I thought the strict NAT setting only affected finding players?  I was on the phone with 18004myxbox but the lady didn't have a clue what she was talking about.  Thanks for your help!!!

jcrayamsterdam

• Archived User
Already Searched: Quick Nat Question
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2007, 04:33:00 PM »

When you say you get disconnected, do you mean the wireless adapter looses its connection to your router or do you mean only disconnected from Live?

If only disconnected from Live, right when it happens, go to the System blade, Network Settings and see your link status, is it ok?

If disconnected from the router, what kind of router is it?  Any other devices in your home using that router to connect wirelessly, any problems with those devices cutting out once in a while?  I have one friend who's router freaks out (drops connections to all clients) when his GF's machine connects (fixed with a power cycle on the router).  Have another friend who's router drops connection to his laptop every once in a while and a power cycle corrects it.  The two routers are completely different manufacturer's and none of the clients are related either.  Odd thing I've seen recently, perhaps that's what you're seeing...?