xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Dad Bought System From China  (Read 55 times)

thealimo919

• Archived User
Dad Bought System From China
« on: February 03, 2020, 05:31:00 PM »

Hey guys, before I go on, I searched for topics relating to this but couldn't find anything that answered my question.

BTW, CLIFFS at the bottom.  

Alright, so after telling my dad not to bring any video game related things back from China (I don't play as much as I used to), he didn't listen to me and thought it would be good to buy 20 or so games from there.  The seller told him the games for the Chinese 360 console are 25% the cost of the games on the North American 360 console.  The seller also stated the 360 is NOT modded and that they sell "world" systems, meaning they can run games from anywhere around the world.  What did he do?  he went and bought a new 360 Core (mind you I already had a 360 Premium...) because he wanted to get the games cheaper.

This new console is NTSC-J if I saw correctly.  I believe the ones in the US are NTSC-U, right?  Well, both Chinese and American games do work on the system.  I used RB6: Vegas to see whether it would run American games or not.

Now my concern is I don't like playing games too much unless it's online.  Would it be safe to use XBOX Live on the Chinese system?

ALL HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!!

CLIFFS:
* Dad buys 360 Core from China.  Seller says their consoles are not modded but that they are "world" systems and can run games from all around the world.  
* Dad buys one.
* My US games work on Chinese system, as do the Chinese games.
* Am I safe to use XBOX Live on it?