xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: COD4 Beta 2nd Profile Exploit: 23k used it, MS Fixed It and LIVE Bans  (Read 1073 times)

• Archived User
COD4 Beta 2nd Profile Exploit: 23k used it, MS Fixed It and LIVE Bans
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2007, 05:58:00 AM »

QUOTE(Autoinfanticide @ Sep 6 2007, 03:10 AM) View Post

@Heet
Are you freaking kidding me???
I had to register to reply to this, 5000+ posts from you, I wouldn't expect such a lack of reason.

YOU GUYS CHEATED!
don't act like you were not sneaking in through the back door, i read the EXPLOIT, its quite clear.
you did NOT belong their.
Thats like saying, "oh, the shopkeeper used a cheap lock, punish us for robbing him? how absurd!!!"

I can't f'ing believe for a second that anyone could defend what you guys did.
Hope your all banned for good next time.
Just because you bought a 360, and pay for live, doesn't mean you get to go plundering and cheating your way through xbox live, takin advantage of anything that comes your way.
So when little old ladies drop money, i assume you must just picl it up and walk off, correct?
 grr.gif  grr.gif  grr.gif  grr.gif  grr.gif  grr.gif

thanks for not joining until now because i was at least spared (until now) from reading one of your childish rants.

sure, those that obtained improper access to a free beta should no longer have access to the beta if MS can fix the problem that gave them the free access, but a ban is a little beyond necessary.  and yes, MS has the right to perform whatever punishment they wish because of the TOS violation, but apporpriate reason should have been used.  and more bad publicity is not needed at this time for them - although it did give more PR attention to COD...

you seem to be really mad that anyone would "defend" what they did like it was some terrible crime - very strange, i wonder what the real impetus for your post was...

oh, and i must quote you to correct one of your statements, "I wouldn't expect such a lack of reason" in your argument about a shopkeeper and his "cheap lock."  you see, this beta was free so if someone entered the store because of his cheap lock, then that person cannot rob him - to keep comparing apples to apples.  robbing him would be wrong and not comparable to this exploit...

Heet

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2007, 06:15:00 AM »

Yes ok, i admit im ranting and it was just a one day ban.  That's too much.

And to people who want to make me or anyone else a couch potatoe zit faced idiot who sleeps with his console at night.  

Please go check my profile.  Its HeetXS and thats the ONLY one I have or ever have had.  I play about an hour at a time WHEN I PLAY because I have a job and all kinds of adult things.  I haven't been on live in what 3 months?  

You tell me because I cant tell you the last time I was on except to play COD4 at my buddies house.  You know, when I was stealing?

Give me a break.

Ok, im done, I think Ive more than spoken my mind about this bs, but "being told to sit in a corner and think about it" by this lowlife company is just about the last straw.  It wasn't enough to LIE about the defective product.

Syc

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2007, 06:37:00 AM »

24hr ban definitely isn't bad at all but Heet has a very good point. Either way, I liked the beta and will be buying the full game now thanks to me and other peoples "stealing" of free software  rolleyes.gif.

sp3cialk

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2007, 07:14:00 AM »

So when is this ban gonna take place??? Sept. 25th  laugh.gif

Fyb3roptik

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2007, 07:17:00 AM »

QUOTE(Heet @ Sep 6 2007, 01:52 AM) View Post

Oh I dont think its unfair.  Are you kidding??!?
I mean, you exploited a mistake that they made.  You bastard, you took advantage of THEIR mistake.  I mean M$ would NEVER take advantage of their own mistake would they?
I mean they wouldn't do something underhanded like say send you a used console after you sent a brand spanking new one in would they?  Like say you bought a 360 and 20mins later it craps out, you send in the NEW 360 the next day and recieve a used one a week later.

Man, you guys deserve being banned.  Bad bad CUSTOMERS.

Dude you didnt send in a NEW console, once you opened the package it was a USED console. So therefore you sent a USED console. So you can get mad at them for sending you back the same thing

purbeast

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2007, 07:32:00 AM »

QUOTE(jonlewi5 @ Sep 6 2007, 02:52 PM) View Post

STFU u little bitch, i glitched in, i dnt care who knows it, i read the rules of the cod4 beta and there was nothing in there to say you couldnt gain access via a method other than their crapy ass tokens.

also this laggin shit, its bollocks, i play with MANY MANY MANY yanks (im in uk) mostly on cod3 which is very choosey about connections, so stfu, im pretty sure this beta would be hosted with lives many many "server farms" and so would have the same connectivity as every other game on/within live

so before you start shouting ur mouth off, read,research or STFU

i cant believe the comments coming out of people mouths these days ESP on cod4, i never realised there was so much tention between US and UK, u yanks seem to think u are gods gift. you all think you should be the only ones on the beta well i got news for YOU NOT!!!!!!! a lot of my friends have had legit code come thru and guess what they are in the UK.

excuse the rant but im getting damn pissed off with m$ and some un-educated losers on the internet today

hey dickhead you need to learn how to read.

i didn't say i had a problem with people over in europe.  i said that the IW servers weren't ready to handle trafifc from all the way out there, let alone 23k more users than they expected.

take the stick out your ass and relax.

and you admitting you are in the UK is a violation of the TOS right there since it wasn't even officially open to people outside of the US.

wow no wonder xbox live is full of idiots, i mean look at 90% of the replies to this thread about people crying and shit.

setharial

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2007, 07:37:00 AM »

QUOTE(zest @ Sep 6 2007, 06:06 AM) View Post

And not sure how you can say that downloading a beta software is steeling. How can you steal something that do not yet have a value? The only value is that the company makeing the software getting input from the users telling them if there software is working properly.

Man you are a moron.  Has no value??? I bet that beta has more value than anything you own.

use your brain dude before you spit out sentences like that.

tgm4883

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2007, 07:38:00 AM »

*sigh* Whats the point.

MS baned them for a day.  This was not so much punishment for exploiting the beta as it was saying don't do it again.  Everyone that is whining about it remember that violating the TOS is bannable.  Do you argue this much when you get ticketed for speeding?  I would have a problem if they had banned for life, but they didn't.  So the punishment fit the crime.  I actually have more respect for MS now.

wans

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2007, 07:40:00 AM »

Take the ruff with the smooth guys, at the end of the day MS look after numero uno with the TOS, anyone who thinks otherwise is not to bright.

I glitched in and played for a few hours when i had a little time off work, night sqeeze in another hour or two later if i can. 24 hours is no big deal though, still got a couple of games i havent got round to playing much so this gives me an excuse to play those i guess.

I think that they had to move when this exploit became public knowledge through front page articles and such it was simply a matter of time.

Cronus2099

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2007, 08:12:00 AM »

Sheesh, a lot of people are complaining that 'ITS MICROSOFTS FAULT" for having an exploit that THEY took advantage of and getting a 24 hour ban for their actions.  People usually lose a service for violating a TOS and when I mean "lose a service" I mean your console gets circumsized from LIVE for good so 24 hours is a blessing.  Take those 24 hours and go to church and fess up some other things that you've probably been doing that you shouldn't have... uhh.gif

setharial

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2007, 08:14:00 AM »

QUOTE(master_p @ Sep 6 2007, 09:21 AM) View Post

This was a BETA. The whole purpose of  BETA software is for it to be tested before it's "official". On the computer, just about every program imaginable has a beta that is publicly available. I was actually suprised at not only the beta being private, but that users had been banned for "getting" the demo! You had 24k extra people have it? Great! Not only are you even more sure you're gonna sell, but you've just got 24,000 new Guinea pigs to make sure it can release as glitchless as possible.

With all due respect, I don't' think thats the point MS was trying to make.  They want people to know if they take advantage of loopholes in the system, there will be repercussions, and I applaud them for that.  

I ALMOST set up my friend with my beta token.  Then we both decided not to.  If I had, I would have been responsible for my actions and would have taken the ban gracefully.

Its just 24 hours.  I bet some of you even learned a lesson.   tongue.gif

tgm4883

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2007, 08:19:00 AM »

QUOTE(master_p @ Sep 6 2007, 08:21 AM) View Post

Here, have a sip of water, and sit back a second.

Sneeking in may be technically wrong, but you're on a board where everyone's either hacking, or waiting for others to hack the 360. Of course a beta this big is gonna have a workaround attempt. I almost wish I had risked my gamertag to play it for a couple days.

As for the TOS, or any piratic implications, the beta was FREE. You can't use the same method to get DLC from the marketplace because you will still have to pay the MS points when you get to the "download" part. I don't think this was violating the TOS either, as you didn't have to actually do any "prohibited" activity to get it. Sure, the result may look kinda dodgy on the karma line, but these users technically didn't do anything wrong.

This was a BETA. The whole purpos of  BETA software is for it to be tested before it's "official". On the computer, just about every program imaginable has a beta that is publicly available. I was actually suprised at not only the beta being private, but that users had been banned for "getting" the demo! You had 24k extra people have it? Great! Not only are you even more sure you're gonna sell, but you've just got 24,000 new Guinea pigs to make sure it can release as glitchless as possible.

And some of you people kill me with "use the 24h to 'regain' your social life". Maybe they do have a social life, but spend a couple hours a nite playing on xbl instead of going to a bar/club/doing drugs/whatever. Many people on XBL have families, and are well past their "party" phase of life, so it's something else to do that's "home friendly". You must be the same type who thinks it's ok that MS charges for gold, just because it's only $7 USD/mo (that's six dollars and one hundred cents more than it should be).

Oh why couldn't you have put the price argument at the top of your post.  Then I could have stopped reading earlier.  Guess what, I'm for hacking the xbox 360 too and I am for the bans (and ok with the $50/year for live).  I hope the Xbox 360 does get hacked, and I hope that it is ALWAYS detectable.  And guess what, if I hack my Xbox 360 and use it on live, I hope they ban my console, as that is what they should do.  I have no problem with a company protecting their hardware (Xbox 360), their service (Xbox Live), their software (Retail Games), or even their beta that they chose to only release to a certain number of people.

Let me guess, at the gas station in the take a penny leave a penny tray, you're a take a penny guy huh.

Heet

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2007, 08:26:00 AM »

Dude you didnt send in a NEW console, once you opened the package it was a USED console. So therefore you sent a USED console. So you can get mad at them for sending you back the same thing

Ah, ok, so a console that was cracked open and played for 20mins is used but you JUST PAID for a NEW console.  Thats 400$?!?!?!  

Im guessing mommy bought yours because I can tell you that if you worked your sorry ass off for it you'd take it quite personal when they send you someone elses used hardware back.

A lot of people may disagree with me on the whole COD4 BS but I doubt you'd find a lot of company with that tired ass statement.

Also, I bought a mp3 player about a month ago, the screen is cracked and I got it fixed.  Can you go to target and buy a new one, open the package, and send it to me?  I swear I'll send you this one.  It'll still work for 3 months I swear.

If you think thats a good idea, then please visit the xbox-scene BST.  They will love you.

*and to the one guy, I didnt get banned.  I didnt perform the glitch.  My friend did it and called me over to come check it out.  The same friend of many that I told to "dude go buy a 360!  Xbox is great!".  Everyday I feel like I owe all of those guys 400$ sad.gif

1nsan3

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2007, 08:28:00 AM »

Its the same as basically MODDING. You know you did something you didnt supposed to do.

24 hours is VERY reasonable. me, i would of done the ban for atleast 7 daysl You wan to cheat, do it offline.
its the same thing when "stealing" tokens, keep it offline. if YOUR computer had a loophole, to where i can stick a trojan/virus in it, would YOU want me to exploit that hole? I didnt think so. so for those who are complaining, get off live or grow up. theres too many kids on live now, dont add to the issue.

unklgeorge

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2007, 08:40:00 AM »

So after this ban, are the people who glitched into the beta going to be able to play in the beta again?  unsure.gif
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5