xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: COD4 Beta 2nd Profile Exploit: 23k used it, MS Fixed It and LIVE Bans  (Read 1072 times)

Heet

• Archived User
COD4 Beta 2nd Profile Exploit: 23k used it, MS Fixed It and LIVE Bans
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2007, 12:45:00 AM »

As if M$'s customers aren't alienated enough....

and you work for them, damn.

mirko

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2007, 01:01:00 AM »

I would just like to point out it wasn't Microsoft's mistake about this exploit.
They don't make Call of Duty, they didn't make the beta did they...
The banning is completely fair imo. Saw loads of people on eBay selling this method for like $2 + they had sold loads...

FSM

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2007, 01:03:00 AM »

QUOTE(Heet @ Sep 6 2007, 02:21 AM) View Post

As if M$'s customers aren't alienated enough....
and you work for them, damn.

*Don't judge me too quickly...

I have the 360 for the games, not because of MS... Oh, and I hate the PS3 wink.gif

I am a hardcore Linux user, but that will not keep me from working 'for the devil'.

I guarantee you the fact that you have spent a hell of a lot more time and money on your 360 wink.gif

...::*FSM*::...

Heet

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2007, 01:13:00 AM »

I guarantee you the fact that you have spent a hell of a lot more time and money on your 36

I bet I have too lol

I dont know, I just see mad irony.  Yes they have the right to ban based on TOS, but should they given the situation?  If you guys say so.....

I guess I think that if I were M$ I'd be bending over backwards for customers given the amount of issues they've had.  I wouldn't want the publicity "M$ bans customers from live service for exploiting game maker's mistake"

FSM

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2007, 01:40:00 AM »

QUOTE(Autoinfanticide @ Sep 6 2007, 03:10 AM) View Post

@Heet
Are you freaking kidding me???
I had to register to reply to this, 5000+ posts from you, I wouldn't expect such a lack of reason.

YOU GUYS CHEATED!
don't act like you were not sneaking in through the back door, i read the EXPLOIT, its quite clear.
you did NOT belong their.
Thats like saying, "oh, the shopkeeper used a cheap lock, punish us for robbing him? how absurd!!!"

I can't f'ing believe for a second that anyone could defend what you guys did.
Hope your all banned for good next time.
Just because you bought a 360, and pay for live, doesn't mean you get to go plundering and cheating your way through xbox live, takin advantage of anything that comes your way.
So when little old ladies drop money, i assume you must just picl it up and walk off, correct?
 grr.gif  grr.gif  grr.gif  grr.gif  grr.gif  grr.gif

I completely disagree with what you are saying, but do understand completely. Please point out in the Terms Of Service where it says one download code may only be used on one console, regardless of type.

The 'codes' given by the COD team were given to one profile, but there is actually not any restriction as to roaming profiles with the COD download, specifically.

I am sorry, but there is no reason BOTH my boxes should be banned at my IP because I may have violated the TOS on one box in the house.

As well, I did not 'glitch' as you say it... I used a valid DL code for mine, and was a 'lucky' person to get banned.

Thank's for playing...

There is no need to argue about this anymore, and we should stick to the news at hand. Please do not 'flame' because you are upset that users are coming back. If you would like to block me from your Gtag, please do if you feel that I am that horribly bad of a player. My GamerTag is "JAGOYL"

Have a GREAT day wink.gif biggrin.gif

...::*FSM*::...

Heet

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2007, 02:07:00 AM »

Ok im done, got too pissed and now im going to start going off topic.

So, yes it was "wrong" technically.  I still say the whole thing is silly and it would serve them right if some of these people cancelled thier accounts.

I think cheating customers is worse than some kid "cheating" at getting a FREE COD4 demo.  I guess my logis IS wrong.  

I hate to say it but more and more I hope the PS3 sews the 360's proverbial mouth and asshole shut and feeds it mentos and diet coke because of the tactics and methods of this "assuming the role of God" company.

bucko

• Recovered User
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2007, 02:29:00 AM »

Haha what did I say in the thread that detailed this exploit tongue.gif.

Heet

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2007, 02:40:00 AM »

yup you called it dude.

Blackbolt

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2007, 03:32:00 AM »

Banning people for a day seems slightly extreme considering this is a free product and nothing 'serious' was done by people playing the game. If they had banned some people for good, then that would be some serious shit. Its their mistake, so why punish others for it? They should have just fixed the exploit and locked out accounts in the beta with duplicate keys.

MS are getting more and more like Sony everyday. MS got us hooked with their laid back attitude and Gamerpoints, but now the honeymoon period is over and they've got 11 million users, they're showing their true colours.

Heet

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2007, 03:36:00 AM »

No shyt, he joined just to say that?

Hahah yes I know what the M$ law is homie (Autoinfanticide) im saying how dare they ban their customers who they send used xboxes to and how much irony there is in their assertions.

People like you are the blithering idiots they are counting on as customers.  I had one guy tell me that it was ok if they sent him a refurb and that its the same thing as the one he got that day (it died two days after he bought it).  I almost pulled my hair out.

zest

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2007, 04:05:00 AM »

To be honest m$ can suck my hairy d**k! This is bullshit. It is a BETA! I mean get real isnt BETA's for the USERS to HELP the companies in the developing process? And now they are PISSED coz THEY made an error letting more people accualy HELP them discover if the software they release work properly??

I get so f*cking angry when i hear this.... Next time lets NOT download any betas and see how they react...

zest

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2007, 04:30:00 AM »

QUOTE(turk3y @ Sep 6 2007, 11:50 AM) View Post

Sneeking in by account sharing is wrong and it also means thoes people have probably used it to dl other dlc for free effectivly stealing data with a retail value.

Eh what?? and on what grounds do you assume that these people also have downloaded other stuff for free?? And not sure how you can say that downloading a beta software is steeling. How can you steal something that do not yet have a value? The only value is that the company makeing the software getting input from the users telling them if there software is working properly.
You are right thou that if you agree with the TOS you have to dance to the m$ pipe. Accualy how much longer do they think people are going to agree to this? We pay good money for there services and they think we are just going to be greatful to do this? Should not they as a company be greatful that we accualy buy there shit?

Heet

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2007, 05:23:00 AM »

Omg talk about a stretch.  So murder is the same as going over the speed limit?  Of course if someone hacked someone's account and stole from them M$ should defend their customers.  Thats a big deal and a huge offense.  

So why not ban the person for eternity?  Ah I see because they wouldn't have your cash in their pocket for all of those *extra* maps for halo 3.  (yes those are coming)

People, I know what TOS is.  I know in M$ and your eyes it was dirty, rotten, underhanded, stealing, whatever you want to call it, was it serious enough to get rid of your customer for a day?  They make the TOS so they have the ability to do or not do what they want and punish how they see fit.

So they saw fit to X out some customers who thought they were cute and got free stuff.

Should the customer just get rid of them for taking their cash for a day with no service?

Guess so and I guess it shows how valuable you are to them because they have so many million more.  

Sometimes punishments dont fit "crimes" like these.  Call me crazy.

I still say its more of a crime to:

-Offer a 90 day warrenty for a peice of shit system or any for that matter (pre RROD when they didnt have to give a better one)
-Cover up and deny that your hardware is flawed
-Take 140$ for repairs that AREN'T YOUR FAULT
-Offer extended warrenties for cash (what i mean is, why doesnt every company just offer you a 10 day warrenty and then charge a dollar a day for every day you own the equipment) I almost feel like I rented my 360 from them.
-make customers wait 2 months to get their console back then when they get it back its not the new one they sent.  Imagine if a guy sends me a console, I mod it, then send him someone elses console ON PURPOSE.  Would you be pissed a little?

And they say this shit is a crime?

Im hating live more and more.  Game makers even want to give you free maps but M$ wont let them.  I guess that breaks the TOS too.  Oh and the new great added advertisments?  Thanks.  Thanks for the updates that are there for me.  Thanks for "just trying to provide the best gaming experience for our customers".  Tell me when the Cinemax of online play comes out.  Tell you what, you know how when we update your awesome OS you have little check boxes so we can select what updates we want and uncheck the ones we dont?  How bout that.  

I mean, its all about choice right?  Or are you just servicing your live money machine?

JustDanMI

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2007, 05:30:00 AM »

I think some people are over reacting here.  Come on, it's only a 1 day ban.  You broke your agreement with M$, you took advantage of a mistake they made.  And they stopped you from playing on live for 1 day.  Big deal.  You knew when you were doing the exploit that it wasn't a legit thing, why are you surprised for getting a slap on the wrist?

Personally, that's one of the things I like about live.  Is not having people modding their systems in order to give them better accuracy, or infinte ammo, or something else that takes away from the balance of the game.  I know people still find ways to do some of these things, but at least M$ is trying to limit how often this does occur.  And this Ban is just another example of them reminding people that they are watching and that they should follow the rules.  Like I said, it's 1 day.  Go cut the grass, or clean the house, or go hang out with a buddy for that day.  There is more to life than the 360...................Man, I hope my GF doesn't read that, she wouldn't let me live that comment down.

monkeyflungpoo

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2007, 05:48:00 AM »

Weird I still have access to the beta and no 24 hour ban. YET
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5