xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Limited Time Xbox LIVE Arcade Price Drop  (Read 263 times)

Xbox-Scene

• Archived User
Limited Time Xbox LIVE Arcade Price Drop
« on: August 30, 2007, 08:00:00 PM »

Posted by XanTium | August 30 21:24 EST | News Category: Xbox360

From majornelson.com (FYI: MS owned blog):

Been waiting to grab a few new Arcade titles? This weekend is the perfect time as we're having our first ever LIVE Arcade price drop.

For the 48 hour period beginning at 12:00 a.m. GMT on Sunday, September 2 and continuing until 11: 59 p.m. GMT on Monday, September 3, the following Xbox LIVE Arcade games will be available for half their usual price:
* Small Arms - 400 Microsoft Points (normally 800 Microsoft Points)
* Zuma Deluxe- 400 Microsoft Points (normally 800 Microsoft Points)
* Gauntlet - 200 Microsoft Points (normally 400 Microsoft Points)
* Dig Dug - 200 Microsoft Points (normally 400 Microsoft Points)

Remember: If the game is available in your region, it will be available for the 'sale' price during the above time.

pholly

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2007, 07:36:00 PM »

That's cool, guess I'll go ahead and get all of them but zuma, that game looks stupid (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Monkey Bread

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2007, 08:19:00 PM »

Love the gesture, but I'll pass on these

moddingswede

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2007, 08:21:00 PM »

Wish Bejeweled 2 was on sale.

BasicAir

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2007, 08:48:00 PM »

Since very few arcade titles are worth buying IMO (I've only bought like 6-8), I don't mind paying full price for them.

Here's what I think of those sale games:

- Small Arms
Didn't care for it. It's like Super Smash in some ways and I hate that game. I wouldn't even pay 50 cents for it.

- Zuma Deluxe
It's okay... I wouldn't buy it for too much because I'd probably rarely play it. If it were on sale for 50 cents I'd probably buy it.

- Guantlet
Awesome game. I bought this at the 360 launch. Played it a lot when 360 came out. So obviously there's no point in me buying it now...

- Dig Dug
One of the many 80's arcade games that was a lot better in memory than having to pay for it now.

Anyway, glad they have sales. That's cool...

jonny_eh

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2007, 08:50:00 PM »

What's Zuma deluxe? Is that a sequel to zuma, or just a different name?
I already own Small Arms and Zuma. I bought Zuma at launch, and I still play it from time to time. It's super fun. Small Arms though, it got kinda boring rather quickly. It's definitely no Smash Bros. A 400 points, Zuma is a great deal.

xjustsumloserx

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2007, 09:30:00 PM »

Only one I am actually interested in is zuma, though I owned this on the Original xbox live arcade, so I don't have much of a reason to pick this one up.  Nice to see some price drops though.

TreFacTor

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2007, 10:15:00 PM »

I like the idea, but their cheapskate ways are showing with the selection of games... wouldn't it have been smarter on the behalf of the person incharge of live market place to make the sale a percentage off of every game rather than 4 games noone, or very few people aer gonna buy? Judging from the selection, these are hardly top sellers. Nice move, but I give it an F for friggin lame games. I would have purchased street fighter or something of the sort, but Dig Dug, I thought it was crap when it was an arcade game. They got my quarter back then, I'll be damned if they get a red cent now.

Paperstack.1

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2007, 10:38:00 PM »

Crap, I thought all of the arcade titles would be at half price until I re-read it  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

bucko

• Recovered User
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2007, 01:55:00 AM »

To bad ill miss out cuz my next pay is at end of next month to get a 360.

Anyway most of this XBLA titles should be priced like this anyway.

This post has been edited by bucko: Aug 31 2007, 08:56 AM

Gmc

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2007, 03:18:00 AM »

Hopefully Microsoft will keep doing this with more of the games on Live Arcade every now and then - it'd be great to nab a few bargains. However none of these titles appeal to me really (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

twistedsymphony

• Recovered User
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2007, 05:17:00 AM »

QUOTE(jonny_eh @ Aug 30 2007, 10:50 PM) *

What's Zuma deluxe? Is that a sequel to zuma, or just a different name?
I already own Small Arms and Zuma. I bought Zuma at launch, and I still play it from time to time. It's super fun. Small Arms though, it got kinda boring rather quickly. It's definitely no Smash Bros. A 400 points, Zuma is a great deal.

No you don't own Zuma, you own Zuma Deluxe... which is the only version availble on the XBLA.

Here is my train of thought seeing the article

1. I noticed the headlight in the RSS reader and though "Holy Sh*t Awesome I've been waiting for them to do this. I even bought about $70 worth of MS points recently and now I'll have lots to spend it on"

2. I start reading the article and see that it's only certain games. "They always manage to make good ideas suck like this now dont they... well I maybe there are a few titles worth buying anyway"

3. I see the list "WTF only 4 titles, I already own Small Arms and .. Mother F*cker I just bought gauntlet last week and haven't even played it yet.. Zuma I had no plans to buy and I don't even have the slightest shred of interest in dig dug... Why can't they put Lumines or Worms or Puzzle Fighter on sale or some games that I actually want to buy but can't justify paying the ridiculous prices they're charging."

I bought small arms because it looks cool, and I love that game (as you can probably tell because my gamerpic is from small arms) Gauntlet I simply bought because I'm a gamerscore whore and I played the demo leaving an ugly 0/200 on my card so I wanted to fix that and it seemed easy enough to do with Gauntlet.

I'll probably buy Zuma, it's another 0/200 demo but it's a really hard game and I figured that it wasn't worth the $10 previously. Plus I figure I want to support this price dropping idea and if it does well I'm sure we'll see other titles go on sale in the future...

This post has been edited by twistedsymphony: Aug 31 2007, 12:20 PM

Maverick0984

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2007, 09:43:00 AM »

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ Aug 31 2007, 06:17 AM) *

No you don't own Zuma, you own Zuma Deluxe... which is the only version availble on the XBLA.

Here is my train of thought seeing the article

1. I noticed the headlight in the RSS reader and though "Holy Sh*t Awesome I've been waiting for them to do this. I even bought about $70 worth of MS points recently and now I'll have lots to spend it on"

2. I start reading the article and see that it's only certain games. "They always manage to make good ideas suck like this now dont they... well I maybe there are a few titles worth buying anyway"

3. I see the list "WTF only 4 titles, I already own Small Arms and .. Mother F*cker I just bought gauntlet last week and haven't even played it yet.. Zuma I had no plans to buy and I don't even have the slightest shred of interest in dig dug... Why can't they put Lumines or Worms or Puzzle Fighter on sale or some games that I actually want to buy but can't justify paying the ridiculous prices they're charging."

I bought small arms because it looks cool, and I love that game (as you can probably tell because my gamerpic is from small arms) Gauntlet I simply bought because I'm a gamerscore whore and I played the demo leaving an ugly 0/200 on my card so I wanted to fix that and it seemed easy enough to do with Gauntlet.

I'll probably buy Zuma, it's another 0/200 demo but it's a really hard game and I figured that it wasn't worth the $10 previously. Plus I figure I want to support this price dropping idea and if it does well I'm sure we'll see other titles go on sale in the future...

I already own Zuma and none of the other ones interest me :-/

You are right though, if it works out well, they might do it more often.

davinator456

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2007, 09:56:00 AM »

I recently bought 3200 microsoft points for the price of 1600 at circuit city, when they had a sale going on (buy 2 xbox items for 19.99 and up and save 20 bucks)

So essentially, I will snag gauntlet for only 100 points. heck of a deal

also, after a certain time, shouldn't an arcade game be reduced in price permanently?  thats like buying a 2 yr old title for 59.99, when many of them are on sale for half that.

This post has been edited by davinator456: Aug 31 2007, 04:58 PM

TreyTable

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2007, 04:12:00 PM »

You'd think they'd put out some good games, or recent releases.