xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Can I Backup My Xbl Downloaded Content To Pc Or Dvd?  (Read 106 times)

47_M450N_47

• Archived User
Can I Backup My Xbl Downloaded Content To Pc Or Dvd?
« on: August 27, 2007, 08:24:00 AM »

I have a Premium 360 so I have the puny little 20gb hard drive.  With my game demos and videos all deleted I have about 6gb of space (lots of downloaded game content).  This means I can have about 2 of the HD TV shows on my 360 at a time, which is pretty annoying.  I was wondering if I can copy the files from my 360 HD using my Xport and put them on a DVD.  I thought I had read something about game demos working from DVDs if you setup the file system correctly, can I do this with the TV shows too?  Or at least put them on my PC so I don't have to wait so long for it to download?

Thanks guys.

47_M450N_47

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2007, 07:29:00 PM »

Anybody?

DJGietzen

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2007, 10:52:00 AM »

Using XSATA you can archive everything to your PC's HDD,  also there is a program that will trans code the video content into a more open format. The name of the program escapes me atm.

I've never heard of being able to burn any sort of disc that the 360 will read the file structure on, other then burning the images created by MS. Seems like that might not be possible with out a flashed drive and if I where you I wouldn't want a flashed drive on my 360 where I keep my live account.

47_M450N_47

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2007, 10:26:00 AM »

Well it will read burned music CDs, DVDs etc. so I thought it might work.  Oh well, I guess I'll just put the files over on my PC for storage.  I'm not planning on flashing my drive anyway, although the custom GH2 songs make it very tempting.