xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Achievements & Swapping Hdd's?  (Read 88 times)

DeMoN_DARREN

• Archived User
Achievements & Swapping Hdd's?
« on: May 22, 2007, 04:05:00 AM »

It is incredible unlikely, if not stupid, for Microsoft to record data of a disc on the HDD, the HDD will merely store what achievements you have unlocked and should pose no threat at all when connecting on an unbanned console

chalosf

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2007, 12:27:00 PM »

Seeing how they are banning Xbox 360s and not Live accounts then this should work fine.

dre74

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2007, 04:19:00 PM »

Yes it works I got achievements on xbla and from a  backup retail game on my banned xbox and when I used the hdd on my new core system it updated my gamescore on my profile.

STICKY_BUD

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2007, 06:49:00 PM »

it seems not too hard to compare the consoleID of the machine you earned the achievements on to their master lists of banned machines, they certainly know if the achievement was earned by you instead of someone else, so this may or may not remain an option in the future.

STICKY_BUD

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2007, 07:05:00 PM »

QUOTE(Nylan @ May 22 2007, 06:37 PM) View Post

I don't see this ever being a poblem.  Fisrt off, I don't think MS will care if you earned achievements on a banned box, there is no cheating involved and you still earned them, on top of that, no way for them to know if the achievements are earned from an original or backup, only that it was earned on a banned box.  If they havn't cracked down on people loading save game profiles to unlock achievements, it seems a long shot to stop this.  Secondly, all MS did was ban consoles from live, they didn't try to screw people over, they didn't ban the gamertags, or the live accounts, they didn't brick any boxes, or stop them from even playing backups.  Also,  if they were to somehow revoke Gamerpoints you earned on a banned box, or ban the gamertag, they would just loose out on the XBL money.  They want us to play on live, just not with backups, most people wouldn't keep their live accounts if they couldn't earn achievements for their backups offline.  I know I would lose interest.

actually, i have read on this forum from other members that m$ is in fact cracking down on internet gamesaves. this does not concern me since i would not bother with them, but i did read about it in one of the longer threads.