xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Best Theory That Makes Microsoft Geniuses  (Read 105 times)

xmethuselax

• Archived User
Best Theory That Makes Microsoft Geniuses
« on: May 21, 2007, 03:50:00 PM »

I have thought of that myself and I completely agree with you.  Sneaky corporate bastards.  I don't agree on the Nintendo point, however.  Nintendo has been able to capture the non-gaming segment of the population with their console, so I'd say the Wii sales figures are more "legimate" than the 360's.

Ramzinho

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2007, 04:03:00 PM »

I kinda agree with your theory man.... I have been thinking about it and i found it so smart...
Any ways i still believe that 360 is the best gaming console cause the ps3 is nothing but colors and propaganda...

Microsoft is giving people reach nice online service which i enjoy the most with my friends... may be they were like giving u a chance to get addicted to so when you get banned,,, you run for ur Drug biggrin.gif

Anyways...

Theories well keep devolping and no one will know the answer until a super geek come out with a cure... if there is a possibilty to get one...

the last thing i have to say that i really love the policy and rules of this site, they r firm and very helpful when u need help... but when it comes to outlaws.... you r F****D lol

Cheers everybody
X-Scene RuleZ

soupreme

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2007, 04:14:00 PM »

Nintendo Wii starts online gaming on 25th may

dre74

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2007, 04:23:00 PM »

I wonder if Nintendo will ban people running backups on their online service.

soupreme

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2007, 04:24:00 PM »

hopefully not mate mines modded

komodothesly

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2007, 05:38:00 PM »

I agree MS knew what the fuck they were doing when they dropped the ban bomb. I give them props for doing it. We got the laugh for a good couple months but in the end they got the last laugh. In my opinon if theres no XBL theres no reason to play 360 ;( . But I am so impressed with the 360 that I am willing to continue to support Microsoft by purchasing another console. I simply dont understand why people get all upset about getting banned and claiming threats of oh im going to buy a ps3 and what not, Its like dude you fuckin modded the console you got caught with your pants down deal with it. No reason to get mad at Microsoft. Techincally we were stealing money to be made .... Think of it in a business prospective...

dre74

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2007, 07:46:00 PM »

Yea I agree with you komo, I just went out and bought a used core with plans of getting an elite in the not so far future. I don't think getting a ps3 will show them (m$) anything. SO just sell your banned system and get another, I kept mine for off line(forced) backup playing.

heatwave30

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2007, 02:31:00 AM »

QUOTE(komodothesly @ May 22 2007, 01:14 AM) View Post

I agree MS knew what the fuck they were doing when they dropped the ban bomb. I give them props for doing it. We got the laugh for a good couple months but in the end they got the last laugh. In my opinon if theres no XBL theres no reason to play 360 ;( . But I am so impressed with the 360 that I am willing to continue to support Microsoft by purchasing another console. I simply dont understand why people get all upset about getting banned and claiming threats of oh im going to buy a ps3 and what not, Its like dude you fuckin modded the console you got caught with your pants down deal with it. No reason to get mad at Microsoft. Techincally we were stealing money to be made .... Think of it in a business prospective...

I only partly agree with this from the business prospective point of view.
As with the music industry and music-piracy, extensive research has made clear that
a: people who pirate are not going and will never intend to buy the games/music anyway.
b: people who listen to "pirated" music buy MORE records.They have a chance to explore new artists/albums and such and go to the shops in some cases and buy these albums.The same can be contributed to games.

As with MS and the banning...
a: people using backups were never intending to buy the original and only a small handful will do maybe do so.
b: people using Disc based backups DO purchase full version xbox-live arcade games which is a good source of income,royalties etc..etc..for both MS and the gaming industry.

So...to cut things short.

1. Yes i agree with the MS BAN-bomb.(this doesn't mean i have to like it..do i?)
2. Hopefully this does not backfires on MS.Although a little revolution(not talking about the Wii former name in any way) is a healthy thing once in a while.But the MS marketing experts have offcourse sorted this out to the bottem.

Signing off,

Chancer

• Archived User