xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Useful Facts For Determining How The Bans Are Being Done.  (Read 831 times)

ITALIANO

• Archived User
Useful Facts For Determining How The Bans Are Being Done.
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2007, 06:07:00 PM »

My friend turutone flash only 1 time his hitachi when he buy the console (much months before the 7 may update.)

He don't play ANITHING of original or bakup from the 4/24/2007 at the 5/18/2007
You can see there his profile:
http://live.xbox.com...pareTo=Turutone

He don't download halo3 beta
He don't play crackdown or bulletwitch.

So He power on the Xbox360 after 24days OFFLINE/POWER OFF XBOX360
(whit hitachi modded drive but whitout anything cd/dvd original or other tipe inside...)
and go to live for update the dashboard and download FM2 DEMO.

The update finish good and not problem
Bun when at the 18:00 italian time (6pm) he try to download FORZA MOTORSPORT 2 DEMO the download stop at 42% and XBOX360 get FROZEN.
Him Restart the XBOX360,but when him try to connect to XBOXLIVE not work becouse his get BANNED.

He use a sharing connection to pc/360 for connect to xboxlive,and italia account.

Birdy2k2

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2007, 08:50:00 PM »

QUOTE(DMagic1 @ May 19 2007, 03:16 AM) View Post

Its been confirmed over the phone with xbox.

This ban was based on information collected over time before the spring update.
Information collected long before the jitter firmware was even talked about.

Would the jitter firmware have helped before? Maybe, maybe not.
Will it help someone just flashing now? Only time and some brave souls will tell.

One things clear. If your drive was flashed and you were on XBL, your days were numbered months ago.

Do you really expect MS to tell you the truth about what they are and aren't doing to stop piracy?  Especially if you got nabbed?  Why would you even call them anyway?  I'm not attacking you or anything, just pointing out that they're not likely to be telling policy violators the truth about anything.

DMagic1

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2007, 09:03:00 PM »

Just wanted to see want info is really being presented when ppl call. I'm not say if I was affected by the ban of not.  wink.gif

This was already a theory and seems to so fit.

I think it will be a growing trend of these mass bands on one particular day.

Birdy2k2

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2007, 10:31:00 PM »

QUOTE(DMagic1 @ May 19 2007, 03:39 AM) View Post

Just wanted to see want info is really being presented when ppl call. I'm not say if I was affected by the ban of not.  wink.gif

This was already a theory and seems to so fit.

I think it will be a growing trend of these mass bands on one particular day.

We'll see what happens in the next few weeks.  If they've been collecting info for months then people that reverted to original firmware before the spring update should get banned too.

burnmaster

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2007, 10:45:00 PM »

Here is my setup....i'm still not banned

360 core....ms28 (flashed since day 1)(xtreme 50b)
flashed a long time before spring update
have been playing backups on live since day 1

spring update....... no ban
download videos and game demos from live...... no ban
play xbox live arcade online..... no ban
played PDZ (original) on live for about a hour

still no ban

has been about 2 hours since I have logged on to Live, waiting for another couple hours to see if i have been banned yet....

if i haven't been banned in a little while i will boot a backup on Live to see if i get banned

i'm thinking maybe it is a combo of things live is trying to detect.....like maybe detecting firmware changes since the last update through the spring update, also the disc speed of backups......i don't think that the disc jitter has anything to do with this, i believe that M$ leaked false info so that ppl would change firmware and get caught.........just a thought

Hopeful

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2007, 12:28:00 AM »

QUOTE(mcq3000 @ May 19 2007, 12:49 AM) View Post

Hopeful u totally wrong because there are several people already saying they modded their Xbox360 BEFORE spring update, never got on live and then just got on live and where banned.

A ) I think either he (or you) is lieing or confused about parts of this
B ) I think the theory is right. It makes a lot of sense, from the person that came up with it.
C ) That doesn't sync with the reasoning behind what I was saying. If you have difficulty interpreting that, it's likely you're unclear on other things.
D ) Work at grammar before attempting 'making sense of things'
E ) Nothing unfriendly intended, just speaking the case and being real about it.

For everyone that obviously posted in a clear mind state, this seems to make the most sense.

We can figure out for sure though!

If someone tries the following experiment: (someone who can use grammar and make sense of things, and won't get confused and give us a faulty report that could be a mental screwup)

Take an unbanned box with the spring update OFFLINE (remove the cable completely)... flash with xtreme, flash back to orig... Get online. Play an ORIGINAL, (NOT a backup). If you get BANNED, it shows that the spring update somehow WATCHES the fw for changes, and records them, getting you banned next time you go live.

It would be one way of knowing for sure.

Necro-File

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2007, 12:34:00 AM »

The only thing that really sucks is that once you're banned, you need a new console to be unbanned. So even someone "fixed" this, it wouldn't do those already banned any good.

burnmaster

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2007, 01:04:00 AM »

QUOTE(burnmaster @ May 19 2007, 06:21 AM) View Post

Here is my setup....i'm still not banned

360 core....ms28 (flashed since day 1)(xtreme 50b)
flashed a long time before spring update
have been playing backups on live since day 1

spring update....... no ban
download videos and game demos from live...... no ban
play xbox live arcade online..... no ban
played PDZ (original) on live for about a hour

still no ban

has been about 2 hours since I have logged on to Live, waiting for another couple hours to see if i have been banned yet....

if i haven't been banned in a little while i will boot a backup on Live to see if i get banned
i'm thinking maybe it is a combo of things live is trying to detect.....like maybe detecting firmware changes since the last update through the spring update, also the disc speed of backups......i don't think that the disc jitter has anything to do with this, i believe that M$ leaked false info so that ppl would change firmware and get caught.........just a thought

Here for a update......

still not banned

I just unplugged my network cable and played 2 different backups(offline)
just checking to see if the spring update will log if ppl are playing backups offline, and send info to M$ when they reconnect to Live....

not banned as of yet....waiting till tomarrow to see if i get banned....if not i will try a backup on live....

i'm starting to believe this is the problem http://forums.xbox-s...o...603910&st=0

Hopeful

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2007, 01:20:00 AM »

QUOTE(burnmaster @ May 19 2007, 08:40 AM) View Post

Here for a update......

still not banned

I just unplugged my network cable and played 2 different backups(offline)
just checking to see if the spring update will log if ppl are playing backups offline, and send info to M$ when they reconnect to Live....

not banned as of yet....waiting till tomarrow to see if i get banned....if not i will try a backup on live....

i'm starting to believe this is the problem http://forums.xbox-s...o...603910&st=0

I don't think it logs when you PLAY backups offline.

I think it logs when you FLASH new firmware offline, even if you flash back.

If someone ever tries the experiment, we will know.

loveonfire4u

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2007, 01:35:00 AM »

I am banned

FLASHED FIRMWARE: I had some old hitachi firmware updated to 2.4 C4E firmware after spring update
DRIVE: Hitachi 47D
FIRMWARE: 2.4 C4E firmware
CRACK DOWN/ HALO 3: Yes I played halo 3 using original crackdown just once before getting banned , I was playing gow original online when I got banned.

burnmaster

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2007, 01:57:00 AM »

QUOTE(loveonfire4u @ May 19 2007, 09:11 AM) View Post

I am banned

FLASHED FIRMWARE: I had some old hitachi firmware updated to 2.4 C4E firmware after spring update
DRIVE: Hitachi 47D
FIRMWARE: 2.4 C4E firmware
CRACK DOWN/ HALO 3: Yes I played halo 3 using original crackdown just once before getting banned , I was playing gow original online when I got banned.

was the old firmware stealth?

Delphiki

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2007, 04:48:00 AM »

i got a nonflashed 360 that has played nothing but original games and 1 thing mentioned is this thread really stood out to me,...

+ Crackdown disc makes a hell of a lot of noise (sound like a saw cutting wood, zipping back and forth) when loading

for the last few days my original crackdown disc makes a lot of noise and teakes a reaaaaally long time to sign into Gamer Profile ,  im just posting it here since thats something that has changed for me since the bans began and i thought maybe it would help u guys detect what method they are using. I gotta say , im happy i didnt mod my 360 yet and i feel for u guys that had their 360's banned ( i had 2 xbox 1's banned of live for forgetting to turn off the modchip before going on live;P)

molcrin

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2007, 05:14:00 AM »

I, currently, am not banned. It is very suprising and maybe pure luck.

My first 360 was manufactured July '06 bought just after Christmas and it's first use on Live was just after New Year. It was a premium with an Hitachi 59DJ.

Soon afterward I flashed the drive and continued to use Live. Unfortunately I can't remember the firmware version, it was the latest of the time and I think was stealth.

Another 360 was used around the same time. This one had a Samsung ms25 and was a launch machine. This was flashed, after going on Live for its first time, with 5.1a.

I changed my 360, just before the spring update, for one with a Samsung ms28 manufactured in October '06. This went on Live for a day before I flashed it with 5.2c.

After the update my ms28 and the ms25 have been flashed with 5.3d.

Only my Live account has been used, MS have seen me using 3 different 360s.

I've included the dates to show that one of the consoles was manufactured before the date when MS locked drive versions to consoles. In theory I should be able to put whatever drive I want into the launch machine as long as it has the key in the firmware.

Yesterday I put an unmodded, new drive into the launch machine. I booted the thing up and was left on the big round blob 360 logo screen, it wouldn't go to the dash.

The new drive is an ms25 (I believe that the ms25 and ms28 are exactly the same and it is only the firmware that's different. In that case it's irrelevant to specify the firmware version supplied by MS) and now has 5.2d on it.

I know that I have one game that isn't stealth patched and I know it has been played on Live. Maybe, at the time, MS couldn't detect for that.

Here is my theory on spoofing - ms28 has firmguard, ms25 doesn't. 78FK has firmguard, previous HLG firmwares didn't. The 360 should be able to read the firmware of drives it knows shouldn't have firmguard.

I'm not too sure about the hacked Hitachi firmwares available but for the last few Samsung ones they have all been based on the ms28 and all include firmguard.

Are they simply looking for an erroneous reading of a firmware that should be easily read?

telo{+}

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2007, 10:49:00 AM »

Personally, from my reading I think the Hitachi's are all screwed. The drives just seem to easy to read.

Also, is there anyone left with a spoofed drive (all except the consoles that came with MS28s and now have MS25s, that would be REALLY RARE!) who is Not banned ???  

Mailmaster

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2007, 01:57:00 AM »

Hi,

i can remember that the same happens.
It was only a single time and i was very surprised, because that never happens before (and after that).
It was yesterday morning (19.05 GMT) as my xbox got a black screen short after the bootup Logo and i hear the DVD working (more like scratching).
After some time waiting i aborted with turning of the xbox (pressing power more then 2 seconds).
After that my xbox boots up again without any problems.
My box is build on 8.2006 with MS28 drive in it.
It has xtreme5.2c FW and had a non orginal Viva Pinata Verbatim DVD inserted at this morning.
It is not yet banned and now unplugged from network.
Pages: 1 [2] 3