xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Getting Updates While My 360 Is Offline  (Read 112 times)

Reaper527

• Archived User
« on: March 14, 2007, 03:50:00 PM »

you can download the updates from www.xbox.com , you are also forced to get the updates when you play newer games (the update will be on the game disc, and it won't play without making you update first). some updates add features (such as boot to dashboard if a game disc is in the drive), some fix stability issues, and some updates patch holes in the xbox's security that could potentially be used to get homebrew running (some updates are meant to help us, some updates are meant to help ms)

trident666

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2007, 01:02:00 PM »

Quoting xbox.com

"Sorry, it is only possible to get the update via Xbox Live at the moment. However, you may want to stay posted to Xbox.com if a decision is ever made to make the update(s) available via a game disk or some other means."

dyb

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2007, 01:18:00 PM »

is there a possibility to take my HDD to a friends console , and update ? or is the update going directly to the console and not the HDD itself ?

Danton654

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2007, 02:33:00 PM »

QUOTE(dyb @ May 22 2007, 08:54 PM) View Post

is there a possibility to take my HDD to a friends console , and update ? or is the update going directly to the console and not the HDD itself ?

sorry but it goes on the console bro.  dry.gif

The Prankster

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2007, 04:12:00 PM »

I do believe the above poster is wrong, M$ tries to spread the updates... by any means possible, and make it virus-'like'. Well not really, only three ways to get an update anywho, xbox live, hdd swap, maybe even memory card, and one is only sometimes(i.e. download... cd burn and update). Take one of your friends hdd's from an updated xbox live console, and pop it onto your xbox, updates are stored secondary onto the hdd to spread the update to any xbox it's hooked up to.

So just grab another updated xbox 360's hdd, hook it up on yours... get the update that way.

I do believe it is even possible to get the spring update, because I've done the hdd method... ethernet disconnected, had kernel 4552, and put in an updated hdd with spring update kernel 5759, and it asked to apply a security update to system software, right at bootup, I didn't update that way, just went on live later and got it, I'M NOT 100% on this idea, so don't flame at me for it if it doesn't work.

shahab street no 49

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2007, 08:09:00 AM »

update is available on the xbox.com
i ve downloaded  burned on the disc try to update but it said mix media
i dont know what to do
any suggestions