xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: 2 Ethernet Connections Down 1 Rj45 Wire ? Here's How ..  (Read 251 times)

Vatamin R

• Archived User
2 Ethernet Connections Down 1 Rj45 Wire ? Here's How ..
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2007, 06:45:00 PM »

great tut. thanks

Millerboy3

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2008, 09:12:00 PM »

awesome tut. worked great. thankx!!

kat kon

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2009, 04:14:00 PM »

QUOTE(AfternoonLemon @ Jun 19 2007, 02:38 PM) *

I've done this for years, although it is a halved for a PC and XBox - they both won't be maxing out their bandwidth at the same time. I don't think there is any problems of interference - the 4 pairs are twisted for the full length of the cable, and seperated at the double wall socket at either end. Just the same as gigabit ethernet uses, except the data is not combined into one line.

People, this 100 Megabit thing is a Red Hearing.  You don't need to worry about 'combined bandwidth'.  If that was the case, you wouldn't be able to Transmit at 100 Megabit while Receiving on the other differential pair at 100 Megabit rates.  

If you don't want a switch (and it's latency) between you and your ISP, this will work just fine.

scibot

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2009, 03:49:00 PM »

Id actually ran a Cat5e cable down the outer wall of my house, along with some other cables, the missus didnt want wide ducting, and my ducting is full. Glad I spotted this. It isnt brilliant for very long runs of cable due to cross-talk, and people who want GbE will have to run another cable... But this will work perfectly for people like me.

Just a small change though, there is only 1 wiring standard for straight through ethernet, T568A. The other one is T568B, and it is the same but with a reversed pair, for crossover connections.

nkarnold

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2009, 05:20:00 PM »

Totally nasty hack.. Probably suffer from CRC and jitter/framing errors behind the scenes.

Just get a cheap 10/100/1000 4 or 8 port SWITCH.  who cares if you need to provide power..
Pages: 1 [2]