xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Connecting To Xbox Live.....  (Read 148 times)

griffin XXI

• Archived User
Connecting To Xbox Live.....
« on: February 13, 2007, 12:28:00 PM »

You can direct connect.

is this name taken too?

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2007, 05:23:00 PM »

soooo, it's not working.

i have a linksys cable modem new out of the box and i'm using a matching linksys wireless router for the wii. i also tried to connect directly through the modem, but to no avail. when i run the connection test, the MTU fails and when i go to bring up the description page, my xbox freezes. everything was fine yesterday before i moved everything.

help!!!

griffin XXI

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2007, 07:35:00 AM »

QUOTE(is this name taken too? @ Feb 13 2007, 06:30 PM) View Post

soooo, it's not working.

i have a linksys cable modem new out of the box and i'm using a matching linksys wireless router for the wii. i also tried to connect directly through the modem, but to no avail. when i run the connection test, the MTU fails and when i go to bring up the description page, my xbox freezes. everything was fine yesterday before i moved everything.

help!!!

Is the computer still hooked up through the modem? Cause in your previous post, you said you still had your computer, but its on a different floor now. Tell us what your set up is. If you direct connect the modem into the 360, did you reset the modem? Are you no longer using the the router? Do you use the computer?

cwegga

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2007, 01:10:00 AM »

Two modems would probably work if you unplugged the one you weren't currently using. But your ISP probably chokes when two modems try to connect on the same line with the same info.