xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Xbox Takes Gamerscore to New Heights in the U.S.  (Read 617 times)

elitegamer360

• Archived User
Xbox Takes Gamerscore to New Heights in the U.S.
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2007, 06:53:00 AM »

QUOTE(raisdfist @ Feb 7 2007, 01:52 PM) View Post

M$ really does suck, they sell their consoles all over the world at the same price, charge the same amount for everyone to play on live, for games, etc, but only people in the US are allowed to get that kind of things, like those draws, the Xbox Live Diamond Card, Etc, it really sucks for us Canadian users and buyers, I wish that some day they will get their head out of their ass and start to do things for their customers, not just a little portion of them.

You may not agree but this is my opinion tongue.gif
RaIsdfIsT wink.gif

at least you get some stuff the people in the US dont, while in the UK we get nothing ... that suxs  grr.gif

shit I said that toooooo many times in this thread  jester.gif

DMageXBE

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2007, 07:09:00 AM »

I agree. Fully. If something "extra" is being offered to a specific group of people, not based on anything other than where they live, there should be some way of equalizing it to the other users. Now, don't get me wrong, I realize that this does happen from time to time, but just like everyone else, I had to buy my console at the same price, all my accessories at the same price, my LIVE account at the same price, download the fall update and countless others. Finding out the movies thing was only in the US was the first thing. Now to see that I have spent countless hours, just like any other user, gaining achievement points. (and I don't "cheat" or even "exploit" the system) Only to see that they are worthless? While gamers an hour and a half drive away are getting rewards.  grr.gif
And all I have seen in Canada was 200 LIVE points so far that came with my console. I'm sure everyone else got something with their consoles. Other than that there was a contest to win a trip to UBISOFT Montreal. I live in Montreal. WooHoo!  sleeping.gif

Havok

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2007, 07:18:00 AM »

QUOTE(DMageXBE @ Feb 7 2007, 02:16 PM) View Post

I agree. Fully. If something "extra" is being offered to a specific group of people, not based on anything other than where they live, there should be some way of equalizing it to the other users. Now, don't get me wrong, I realize that this does happen from time to time, but just like everyone else, I had to buy my console at the same price, all my accessories at the same price, my LIVE account at the same price, download the fall update and countless others. Finding out the movies thing was only in the US was the first thing. Now to see that I have spent countless hours, just like any other user, gaining achievement points. (and I don't "cheat" or even "exploit" the system) Only to see that they are worthless? While gamers an hour and a half drive away are getting rewards.  grr.gif
And all I have seen in Canada was 200 LIVE points so far that came with my console. I'm sure everyone else got something with their consoles. Other than that there was a contest to win a trip to UBISOFT Montreal. I live in Montreal. WooHoo!  sleeping.gif

You got points with your console!!?? I didn't get anything.. How unfair... why does Canada always get the good stuff!!    tongue.gif

Killa Kastro

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2007, 09:21:00 AM »

QUOTE(BlackBlade @ Feb 7 2007, 10:24 AM) View Post

What a great to get people to buy 60$ games they did not want in the first place to get a prize worth no more than 10 $.

And people say M$ is no marketing genius ...

Just for the fun of it, how many of you will rush to the store a buy a game, loose 10 hrs on game you did not want to play just get the 1500 additionnal points and merit a 10$ prize ?

And, don't even mention cheating with gamesavers, it's so lame.

You could rent fifa 06 and get 1000 points in 3hrs max

Knasen

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2007, 10:03:00 AM »

Again M$ screws non-us people, this sucks. The world doesn't consist of US-of-A only ffs!

jimjom

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2007, 11:05:00 AM »

I got cars and fifa 06. I was about to bust into them for the points, but I shall save them! MUAHAHAHA!

nice work, twisted, you finally broke that 30000+! I have got to breach 20K!

patspei

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2007, 11:49:00 AM »

guys just make a us account and wait till 12. feb earn 1.5k (should be eaaasy with a fresh account) and at least you get free contra (hopefully theyre emailing and not snailmailing the codes otherwise some walmart employee is gonna be very happy with my code...)

Xombe

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2007, 10:38:00 PM »

One more flame, whether on the basis of nationality or just out of spite/anger/pissyness/tourette's, will get your account suspended.

Whether or not this is unfair to whomever is beside the point.  You may feel this way and are very free to state so, but if you cannot post without calling someone a name or telling them to "shut their goddam (sic) mouth" then do yourself a favor and put down the mouse and go get some fresh air.

You've been warned: we are not amused.

Legendary Badass

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2007, 01:20:00 AM »

MY PLAN...
 muhaha.gif  jester.gif

I just recieved Eragon. I'm going to beat it while staying offline. Then I'll sign up. If I can get 1,500 by the time I sign up, I'll sign onto Live and should get a prize. Could they really think of it as cheating if you were offline with a said score and then signed on with more? If they did, they would need to state that all achievements have to be earned online.

twistedsymphony

• Recovered User
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2007, 05:38:00 AM »

QUOTE(Legendary Badass @ Feb 10 2007, 03:27 AM) View Post

Could they really think of it as cheating if you were offline with a said score and then signed on with more? If they did, they would need to state that all achievements have to be earned online.

You're right they would need to state that, but the official rules haven't been released yet and the registration page isn't up yet... this is quite disappointing.

I was all repaired to register last night at midnight and start working towards the 1500 but the registration page isn't up yet and the way it's worded it sounds like you'd need to register before the points you earn start counting towards the challenge.

jimjom

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2007, 01:48:00 PM »

im paitently waiting here as well. got a copy of cars and open season for chhhheeap to make this shit ridiculously easy. then i'll go return the games (they are used) to gamestop and get something actually worth it.

hassle

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2007, 04:29:00 PM »

has ne body been able to sign up yet? i kep going to the page and nothing. its 4:15 PM on the 12th here in cali.

Teldin

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2007, 07:41:00 PM »

It's amazing to me how the worlds largest software company can't even spring for a decent server for these launch events.
Pages: 1 2 [3]