xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Xbox LIVE Online Gaming Down? *Update2: Services Back Online*  (Read 449 times)

L0rdBalthazar

• Archived User
Xbox LIVE Online Gaming Down? *Update2: Services Back Online*
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2006, 08:25:00 PM »

The reason GOW Solo won't work when signed in is because when it IS signed in to live, it monitors xbox live actively. An example.. When it comes back up, start a solo game and invite someone in.. It will convert to a coop game without making you restart in any way.

gaming fanboy

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2006, 08:30:00 PM »

QUOTE(dantheman @ Dec 28 2006, 03:23 AM) View Post

hope they dont start banning us. Im scarred

me too  sad.gif

QUOTE(mitch2025 @ Dec 28 2006, 03:23 AM) View Post

i hope it gets fixed soon. im itching for some R6V coop

me too! i love to play tom Clancy online

QUOTE(Axis86 @ Dec 28 2006, 03:34 AM) View Post

there saying this is what caused it

http://news.bbc.co.u...fic/6211451.stm

poor people!

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2006, 09:41:00 PM »

yeah, but im drunk now and want to shoot people! whats my alternative?!?!?!?!?!?

i know, i know.. im killing offline terrorists, but its not the same!

lilbplaya3406

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2006, 11:34:00 PM »

QUOTE(Alkane @ Dec 28 2006, 12:05 AM) View Post

Just reporting in... Xbox Live is up and running again.  Hosting a Gears of War match now ; p  I've never seen the matchmaking list with only two games haha, was an awsome sight.  Hosting my own to add to the list : )

EDIT: Anyone else notice the ping bars next to matchmaking servers in Gears of War before?

I just now noticed that ping bar too

sowa99

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2006, 12:51:00 AM »

QUOTE(dantheman @ Dec 28 2006, 03:23 AM) View Post

hope they dont start banning us. Im scarred
If you won't be banned, stop play with backups on xbox live  mad.gif

BrooksyX

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2006, 02:48:00 AM »

QUOTE(Alkane @ Dec 27 2006, 10:05 PM) View Post

Just reporting in... Xbox Live is up and running again.  Hosting a Gears of War match now ; p  I've never seen the matchmaking list with only two games haha, was an awsome sight.  Hosting my own to add to the list : )

EDIT: Anyone else notice the ping bars next to matchmaking servers in Gears of War before?

I never noticed them either before, I couldn't even find a game for a while. I had to refresh like 5 times.

Chettaman

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2006, 06:52:00 AM »

Hmmmmm. Well, did anyone have a problem playing a campaign on Gears of War while signed into Xbox Live? I couldn't continue my campaign last night. I thought that my save was bad. I tried to continue and it would go to the loading screen then go back to the previous menu where you would select the difficulty. Tried going in again and it would do the same. Tried it again then it would go to the loading screen and just sit there loading. It would never finish loading the game. Thinking that my save was bad I deleted it (all that work down the drain). Tried a new game. Took awhile to load. Got to a checkpoint and quit. Tried loading my campaign and had the same problem again. Disconnected my network cable and it went back to the main menu. Tried loading my campaign and it loaded perfectly fine and didn't take a decade to do it. WHAT THE HELL!!!!!!! So, did anyone have that issue? I'm going to also call Xbox on the issue and see what they say.     mad.gif

bennyblanco420

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2006, 07:17:00 AM »

a few had the same problem GoW is always signed into xbox live when it can be. couldnt take the time to find the previous post but from what i understand you can invite someone to play with you in your single player story and it will automaticly switch to coop

ChiGGz

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2006, 07:20:00 AM »

Ping was always there, but you had to have like less than 10 games displayed for it to work.  Which would explain your first time seeing it yesterday when there was a minimal of games.

I got a msg from my friends warning people that they were cracking down on modded boxes and looking at copyrights for ripped music CDs.

All rumours imo.

If they WERE to implement a detection system, could that be implemented without us knowing? Or does it have to come in the form of a downloadable update?

lowendfrequency

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2006, 11:06:00 AM »

This really ruined my evening last night.  After drinking a few yard glasses of brew at the bar, my friends and I come home to chainsaw some faces is Gears.  It took our drunk asses a good hour of cursing at the xbox, unplugging routers and checking settings until one of us got the bright idea to check xbox.com.  Seems like plenty others were having the same problems. Doh!

AdoptedDeV

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2006, 02:09:00 PM »

QUOTE(Chettaman @ Dec 28 2006, 01:59 PM) View Post

Hmmmmm. Well, did anyone have a problem playing a campaign on Gears of War while signed into Xbox Live? I couldn't continue my campaign last night. I thought that my save was bad.

Yah I got pretty short w/ the tech support guy last night, I mean my last 360 was killed by Gears of War and my last retail copy of Gears was killed by that 360... So when less then a week later both #2's dont work for even campaign mode. I was not having it.  Called MS the guy said pull the RJ45 and after rolling my eyes I tried it and it worked, he said it was due to an earthquake in tawain, and it also affected MSN Messenger... I thought everybody was just still on holiday and didn't bother to sign in.

Best guess on that was like someone else said, Gears is constantly communicating w/ XBL, but it was really odd because my friend who just bought Gears was playing campaign just fine.

djvalic

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2006, 03:44:00 PM »

"There are currently some issues propping the beta build to the production servers. We are trying to get the beta out tonight but it may be delayed somewhat. More information will go here as soon as it is available."http://www.xbox360fanboy.com
 The site also goes onto say that Shadowrun utilizes the "Live Anywhere" service. Which has not been used on the Live servers yet. "Live Anywhere" lets both PC and 360's play on the same servers.
Pages: 1 [2]