xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Annoying: I Have To Change My Ip Everytime I Want Go On Xbox Live  (Read 67 times)

fitzbitz

• Archived User

I am using a public wireless connection at my school to run Xbox Live on my 360.

I have my Xbox 360, Xbox 1, and PC connected to a Buffalo AirStation/Ethernet Converter/Wireless Bridge so I dont have to buy a wireless adapter for both of them or bridge the connections through my PC.  

Setting the Xbox 360 to automatically choose my IP does not work, but setting it on Manual does, assuming no one else using on the router is using the same IP address.

I can connect well enough, but almost every time I turn the Xbox back on the static IP address on the Xbox no longer works and I have to fiddle around with the IP address until it works.

I am connecting through a college connection and have no access to the router or its information.
I assume (?) the router resets every once in awhile and reassigns numbers, causing my static IP on the Xbox to not work...even though setting the Xbox IP on "automatic" doesn't work either.

Not sure if this helps any, but here are the numbers:

IP: 10.1.25.xxx
Subnet mask: 255.255.240.0
Gateway:  10.1.16.1

DNS (automatic)
Primary: 192.168.5.5
Secondary: 192.168.5.4

Wireless Mode: Not Set
 .....                 Not Set  

None of the Additional Settings are set

When testing the connection, my NAT is moderate.

I hope I provided the information you need, I do not know much about networking.
Thank you.