xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: 360s Getting Banned?  (Read 361 times)

tgm4883

• Archived User
360s Getting Banned?
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2006, 07:22:00 PM »

QUOTE(Jonolche @ Aug 29 2006, 05:57 PM) View Post

Not to demote you or anything, but reaper your wrong (at least in my view-point). Its true that M$ will make more money (physical money) on games, than they would make on a 360 console. But most of that money that they make off the games, goes to the devolopers of the games. For example, you buy a $60 game, the devolopers of that game get $40 and M$ gets $20. So M$ would have to sell around 12 games to make the ammount of money that they would get for a single xbox 360 console. Also, I immagine that M$ is happy when you void your warrenty, because that is the day they stop paying for tech-support for your xbox 360 console.

Now for the whole idea of this toppic is absurbed. It's impossible (well not impossable, but deffintal unethical)for M$ to detect that the xbox 360's DVD drive has been moddified. They would have to phisically come to your house and take out the dvd drive to figure out that the firmware has been tampered with.

Your point of view is seriously flawed.  MS loses money on every console they make.  For instance, lets say it costs $300 to produce each Xbox 360 core console, now MS can't sell it to walmart for $300 cause walmart wont sell it for no profit.  So MS sells the console to walmart for $225.  This enables walmart to sell the console for a $75 dollar profit.  But how does that work out for MS?  They take a $75 loss per console.  They have to make that money up in accessories, games, xbox live.  They do this because they want market saturation, more people will buy the console if it is cheaper.  And since it does most people no good to have a console without accessories and games, they make the money back up on games.

Example

1.  1 guy owns 10 consoles
2.  10 people each own 1 console

Which is better?  #2 is better, the 10 people are going to buy far more accessories and games than the 1 guy.  MS sold the same amount of consoles, but made more money in #2

QUOTE(OffRoader23 @ Aug 29 2006, 07:23 PM) View Post

Banned??? WTF.  I use a legit account, and it is banned?  That is TOTAL crap if that's what it is.  Me and a friend are having the same problem.  We use legit accounts, and if our X-Box 360's got banned, them I am fucking pissed.  It started happening on Friday of last week, at the exact same time too, we thought it was the ISP, and I tried it on multiple ISPs and it's the same thing as that video.  I don't use hacked firmware.  I PAY for my account, and if I am banned then MS is going to get mother fucking killed.

do you use hacked firmware?

OffRoader23

• Archived User
360s Getting Banned?
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2006, 07:28:00 PM »

No! I don't have anything on my 360 that is hacked, so I am fucking pissed, and calling MS.

Heet

• Archived User
360s Getting Banned?
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2006, 09:15:00 PM »

Do you have modded original xboxes?  Maybe they saw those somehow and banned your acct?  

I dont know that much about Live, I dont have it anymore, or a 360 for that matter.

Chancer

• Archived User
360s Getting Banned?
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2006, 06:14:00 AM »

QUOTE(OffRoader23 @ Aug 30 2006, 02:35 AM) View Post

No! I don't have anything on my 360 that is hacked, so I am fucking pissed, and calling MS.

The way you talk here maybe is an indication thatyou have been swearing or abusive to people whilst on live.
If you piss enough people off they will report you. Enough reports and you are going to get a ban.
If its not that its  mistake which will get sorted. Your blood pressure is way too high over something that can be sorted out easily if its an error.

b15ginz

• Archived User
360s Getting Banned?
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2006, 07:39:00 AM »

i never thought about that. the hole if u piss people off and they report you. lol. i dont really play on xbl if they rnt my buddies so i can talk all the shit i want to them.

OffRoader23

• Archived User
360s Getting Banned?
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2006, 04:56:00 PM »

Well, I only talk crap on Halo 2 and haven't played for at least 2 weeks and this just happened Friday, so I don't think that would be it.

Alex548

• Recovered User
360s Getting Banned?
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2006, 05:11:00 PM »

QUOTE(OffRoader23 @ Aug 29 2006, 06:23 PM) View Post

Banned??? WTF.  I use a legit account, and it is banned?  

Did you happen to purchase your XBL account from cookiesrus? He was selling XBL accounts + M$ points in the b/s/t a couple weeks ago. Those accounts were created with stolen credit cards & M$ knows about them.
Pages: 1 [2]