xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Buying Ms Points.  (Read 191 times)

Dalpura

• Archived User
Buying Ms Points.
« on: July 02, 2006, 11:30:00 PM »

Well, with the Oblivion, PDZ and GRAW content on the market place I've decided it's time to finally buy some points. But, I don't have a credit card -- and I can't get one being under 18 I'm told. I've tried convincing my mum to let me use her Visa debit card to buy the points, but I think I'd have more luck curing cancer single handedly. And of course you can't buy points at retail outlets. So, anyone know of any credit card alternatives? I've been to my bank where I have a saving card to see about getting a Visa debit card (works like a credit card, takes the money out of your savings though) but you have to be 18 to get one of those too.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, if there's any hope for me. sad.gif

Thanks.

lcapitan

• Archived User
Buying Ms Points.
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2006, 11:36:00 PM »

QUOTE(Dalpura @ Jul 3 2006, 01:37 AM) View Post

And of course you can't buy points at retail outlets.

Um, yea ya can.  You can buy a 1600 point card for 20 bucks hard cash.  I do it all the time.  Go to Best Buy and get one!

Dalpura

• Archived User
Buying Ms Points.
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2006, 11:51:00 PM »

We don't have Best Buy. Should have added can't from retail outlets in Australia, at least as far as I know. I asked a EB Games and K-Mart and I told we can't yet. blink.gif That was only a week or so ago I asked too.

lcapitan

• Archived User
Buying Ms Points.
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2006, 12:07:00 AM »

Oh sorry I didn't realize you were from Australia.  Have you checked ebay for any?  There might be some people selling imported cards near you, ah but that requires a credit card.  I'm not sure what kind of retailers they have in Australia so sorry but I'm not much help. Haha

HigherBe1ng

• Archived User
Buying Ms Points.
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2006, 05:31:00 AM »

Why dont you just get a pre-paid credit card? That should work... check out www.rushcard.com I think is the site... You get the card, activate it, then you have to send em a check to put money on it... Might be kind of a headache to do, but if thats your only alternative then its gotta work wink.gif

Dalpura

• Archived User
Buying Ms Points.
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2006, 01:04:00 AM »

Looks like rushcard is US only again. I think I'll just buy a few lots of the 1,600 points off eBay and money order them. Thanks for suggesting that mobettaut, wouldn't have thought of looking on eBay in a million years.

Dalpura

• Archived User
Buying Ms Points.
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2006, 01:46:00 PM »

Oh. Thanks for letting me know, I'd be spewing if I bought them and they didn't work. Guess I'm back to square one.